Lucid’s Complete Stoppage of All Customer Delivery’s….What Do You Think?

I wrote that, that is my blog. All I did was source what we are talking about in the forums.
I read it also. How voracious do you think the sources are?

I thought I would perhaps get my car mid-august to September. Perhaps now that is a pipe dream.

It is crazy to think the stock price would be influenced by a blog that is just a few months old.

I wrote it because I want to know when the car will be delivered.
It shouldn’t be. Shows how the market is more driven by news than fundamentals. Lol. Reminds me of pump and dump schemes.

I just posted the story from the Insider because finding individual posts on this forum is near impossible, though they might be the initial source….

It’s getting to a point that some heads need to roll. No sooner does Lucid ramp up without fail, 1 to 2 weeks later things come to a grinding halt.

They have this “state of the art” factory apparently and this fantastic management team but they can’t ramp up. It’s seems Lucid is all talk and stuff all action!

It’s getting to a point that some heads need to roll. No sooner does Lucid ramp up without fail, 1 to 2 weeks later things come to a grinding halt.

They have this “state of the art” factory apparently and this fantastic management team but they can’t ramp up. It’s seems Lucid is all talk and stuff all action!
First off, are you speaking from experience in automotive manufacturing? Have you been involved in greenfield manufacturing sites? I know people who worked at Tesla when they were trying to ramp up and Elon was on site. They said it was horrible. As an engineer who did this type of work for 35 years this stuff is hard. Management is typically so naive and ignores real feedback that true timelines are useless. Management is playing the stock price game, the people who have to make it happen really aren’t listened to. So, deadlines aren’t met and production suffers.

First off, are you speaking from experience in automotive manufacturing? Have you been involved in greenfield manufacturing sites? I know people who worked at Tesla when they were trying to ramp up and Elon was on site. They said it was horrible. As an engineer who did this type of work for 35 years this stuff is hard. Management is typically so naive and ignores real feedback that true timelines are useless. Management is playing the stock price game, the people who have to make it happen really aren’t listened to. So, deadlines aren’t met and production suffers.
It’s always the managements fault over people on the frontlines but when you have a management team that promises the world and then completely fails to deliver over multiple months, then fess up to your mistakes and what you’re doing to fix it.

Lucid doesn’t get a free pass because they’re a “new” company. They have a number of veterans from the auto industry and made out they were going do it better and learnt from everyone else’s mistakes. Rivian seems to be pumping cars out but Lucid can’t get its act together.

There is no way they’ll meet delivery targets this year and management is hiding under a rock not disclosing anything.

It’s always the managements fault over people on the frontlines but when you have a management team that promises the world and then completely fails to deliver over multiple months, then fess up to your mistakes and what you’re doing to fix it.

Lucid doesn’t get a free pass because they’re a “new” company. They have a number of veterans from the auto industry and made out they were going do it better and learnt from everyone else’s mistakes. Rivian seems to be pumping cars out but Lucid can’t get its act together.

There is no way they’ll meet delivery targets this year and management is hiding under a rock not disclosing anything.
What difference does it make if your Air GT is working fine? As an owner myself, I hope that Lucid succeeds because I don't want to drive a car which is an orphan without a company behind it. But I doubt that will happen. Tesla had countless problems ramping up the Model S and Model 3. GM a 100+ year old manufacturer has had Chevy Bolt flambés that halted deliveries and they have advisory that current owners should not charge their Bolt indoors. Porsche says that if you park your shiny $200K Taycan "Turbo" S in the sun too much it voids your warranty. I'll keep my Lucid GT...

I spoke to my DA about this today and it’s false according to her. I think this is a good example of how internet rumors get started.

What difference does it make if your Air GT is working fine? As an owner myself, I hope that Lucid succeeds because I don't want to drive a car which is an orphan without a company behind it. But I doubt that will happen. Tesla had countless problems ramping up the Model S and Model 3. GM a 100+ year old manufacturer has had Chevy Bolt flambés that halted deliveries and they have advisory that current owners should not charge their Bolt indoors. Porsche says that if you park your shiny $200K Taycan "Turbo" S in the sun too much it voids your warranty. I'll keep my Lucid GT...
Because as an owner and investor Lucid can easily fail with all these mistakes and we’re all left with a great car and no company. They’ve pushed the SUV back, got cash to get them to only 2023 so they need to actually deliver. They can’t afford to continue making mistakes.

I want Lucid to succeed and be a serious competitor to the traditional automakers but it’s frustrating to see that they just can’t seem to get things running. No sooner do they start to show promising signs then they stop again.

Because as an owner and investor Lucid can easily fail with all these mistakes and we’re all left with a great car and no company. They’ve pushed the SUV back, got cash to get them to only 2023 so they need to actually deliver. They can’t afford to continue making mistakes.

I want Lucid to succeed and be a serious competitor to the traditional automakers but it’s frustrating to see that they just can’t seem to get things running. No sooner do they start to show promising signs then they stop again.
I am an investor as well. I am very confident about Lucid's ability to execute on plan.

This is one of my biggest concerns.
Receiving the car and then the company no longer exists . That would be a precarious situation for many of us , considering the cost of the vehicle.

Last edited:
This is one of my biggest concerns.
Receiving the car and then the company no longer exists . That would be a precarious situation for many of us , considering the cost of the vehicle.
Honestly, we all knew that potential risk as well as the risky investment. If its too much to bear sell LCID and the AGT. I'm keeping both.

Honestly, we all knew that potential risk as well as the risky investment. If its too much to bear sell LCID and the AGT. I'm keeping both.
Don’t own the car yet, so not an option.
To be honest , I did not think it was a risky investment, especially the car. Recent developments have begun to cause me concern. I am not trying to encourage negative sentiment , but I think it is reasonable to wonder why on earth their communication , before one takes possession of the car , is so downright horrible. There should be a fairly easy way for DAs to track individuals’ cars and at least be able to give some information. I am no automotive industry expert , but they should have been more prepared , especially considering all the ex Tesla hires they recruited. It’s obviously an impressive vehicle and times are remarkably difficult at the moment, but even with all that said , they are not doing themselves any favors.
I have friends who have or will be getting Rivians. From my conversations with them, communication had been much much more transparent.

To be honest , I did not think it was a risky investment, especially the car. Recent developments have begun to cause me concern. I am not trying to encourage negative sentiment , but I think it is reasonable to wonder why on earth their communication , before one takes possession of the car , is so downright horrible. There should be a fairly easy way for DAs to track individuals’ cars and at least be able to give some information. I am no automotive industry expert , but they should have been more prepared , especially considering all the ex Tesla hires they recruited. It’s obviously an impressive vehicle and times are remarkably difficult at the moment, but even with all that said , they are not doing themselves any favors.
I have friends who have or will be getting Rivians. From my conversations with them, communication had been much much more transparent.
Maybe they are also ramping up their staff? Rivian has 12k employees, Lucid has 4k employees and their career position opening is long laundry list.

I’ve had a Rivian on order for a long time and I can promise that Rivian’s communication is much worse than Lucid (and Lucid is pretty bad). It was actually borderline fraudulent prior to the IPO and has been non-existent since.

I’ve had a Rivian on order for a long time and I can promise that Rivian’s communication is much worse than Lucid (and Lucid is pretty bad). It was actually borderline fraudulent prior to the IPO and has been non-existent since.
Sorry to hear that for you!! The couple friends I have who also have Rivian reservations have had different experiences. There are no absolutes.

Back