Lucid’s Complete Stoppage of All Customer Delivery’s….What Do You Think?

I totally agree with everything you wrote. I am suspicious by nature and since persons posting on this and other forums or blogs can do/say anything they choose, one has to wonder what are their true motives. Yes it would be nice if Lucid could be more candid with buyers waiting for their deliveries as to causes of holdups, etc. but then distortions can occur with what people are told and what they post here.
Yeah that’s a good point. To be fair my mobile service guy didn’t seem to care if I relayed information he told me, he seemed to want people to know issues he’d seen because it might lead to less long road trips for him to go change somebody’s busted 21” tires haha.

Don’t own the car yet, so not an option.
To be honest , I did not think it was a risky investment, especially the car. Recent developments have begun to cause me concern. I am not trying to encourage negative sentiment , but I think it is reasonable to wonder why on earth their communication , before one takes possession of the car , is so downright horrible. There should be a fairly easy way for DAs to track individuals’ cars and at least be able to give some information. I am no automotive industry expert , but they should have been more prepared , especially considering all the ex Tesla hires they recruited. It’s obviously an impressive vehicle and times are remarkably difficult at the moment, but even with all that said , they are not doing themselves any favors.
I have friends who have or will be getting Rivians. From my conversations with them, communication had been much much more transparent.
Rivian assigns a guide that is the point person for any issues you encounter along the delivery process. The Rivian process is an automated 8 step process that starts when the car is ready to leave the factory which is also the point where you are assigned a Rivian Guide. The guide is responsible for all aspects of pre and post delivery process. My experience pre and post delivery with Lucid has been great as well. The only difference is that, unlike my experience with the Lucid, I have had zero post delivery issues with the Rivian and can't comment on post delivery service.

Seems like the cars are piling up but it is just a snapshot in time (here is the flyover)...

lucid-factory-lot-july28.jpg

That's a lot of Lucids..

My DA just called and said my Grey/Tahoe GT (with 21-inch wheels!) has cleared PDI at the Riviera Beach, FL service center. I expect it to be delivered to my home sometime next week.
Well that doesn’t sound like a delivery stoppage or a hold on cars with 21” wheels, so our speculation is just that, speculation! Glad you’re getting your car!

To be fair, it’s the most they’ve ever had on the lot 😂
It's not fair to all of the reservation holders that are waiting for cars.

Surprisingly enough, I got my VIN a few hours ago.
The squeeky wheel....... 🤣

Congrats on getting the VIN!👍

Just caught that my confirm date was 3 days after your date, now I'm getting nervous 😂

Last edited:
It's not fair to all of the reservation holders that are waiting for cars.
No it’s not but it’s still the most cars they’ve ever had sitting on the lot so does show production has been ramping up at least.

No it’s not but it’s still the most cars they’ve ever had sitting on the lot so does show production has been ramping up at least.
And with they expanded more AMP-1 facility and recruiting for 2nd and 3rd assembly shifts for rest of the year, I can see Lucid easily add 2000+ more employees and double to triple their production in the next 2 quarters.

Because as an owner and investor Lucid can easily fail with all these mistakes and we’re all left with a great car and no company. They’ve pushed the SUV back, got cash to get them to only 2023 so they need to actually deliver. They can’t afford to continue making mistakes.

I want Lucid to succeed and be a serious competitor to the traditional automakers but it’s frustrating to see that they just can’t seem to get things running. No sooner do they start to show promising signs then they stop again.
Life is to short for this kind of negativity in something that at the end of the day just doesn’t matter. It’s just a car and stock, you can sell both and enjoy life again.

Drendino said it already but it bears repeating. The “Lucid Insider” is one of us just repeating what another one of us wrote. And that other writer was speculating based off of a conversation he or she had with a DA. While I doubt no one’s intentions, that game of telephone should not drive what we do or think going forward.

Unless or until we hear from an actual Lucid insider, then we have no idea what is going on. And there is not enough of us on this board to infer that our collective experience is anything more than anecdotal info.

This board has been great for me in that it makes me think about the things I will do and say when dealing with Lucid. It also serves as a sounding platform and pressure release valve as we wait for deliveries or car improvements. I have also tried to use the board to project the timing of my delivery, but only time will prove me right or wrong with that. But this amplification of what we infer and have possibly heard into “news” is unfortunate and unhelpful.
Well said! Real damage is being done on this forum over what? Speculation

Life is to short for this kind of negativity in something that at the end of the day just doesn’t matter. It’s just a car and stock, you can sell both and enjoy life again.
If we lived in the world you want then nothing would get done. Criticizing a company and its management should be encouraged because without it, companies will just continue to do whatever they want and just expect customers to suck it up!

It’s just a house also but would you let the builder off the hook if he’s 6,12,18 months beyond schedule or starts building and then stops a week later with no reason why.

$150K may be a drop in the ocean for you but it’s a significant price to pay for a car. The more you pay the higher level of expectation you expect from the company.

I disagree. In the robotic automated and computerized production process of car manufacturing all vehicles in production are tied to the prospective owner and identified by the VIN, when it reaches that stage. These are all preordered vehicles not cars built on spec. They know exactly where every vehicle is probably within a few meters. When I called Lucid, they looked up my data on a spread sheet and they told me there were a few batches ahead of my build, that it had not been sequenced yet, so I could change the wheel size without delaying production. They track everything to ensure they have the inventory of the thousands of parts needed for each car. When I ordered a BMW I could track it from the start of production to the docks to the car carrying ship to the Port in NJ. There is a website dedicated to tracking BMWs. The issue is not that Lucid doesn't track the build, of course they do, but should they disclose this data to the customer. For an established company with a mature production process this is done, but for a new manufacturer with no prior experience, there must be a perceived risk in revealing this info.
This is spot-on....and there is probably business risk either way: give buyers a date and disappoint them, vs telling them nothing and pi$$ing them off as so many are here.

They've chosen the latter approach and are obviously monitoring cancelations and think the result is tolerable

So, is there an extant example of a car manufacturer that communicates well, by the standards of this forum?

Back