Lease option

PaulS

I have a reservation on the Lucid Air Grand Touring in Zenith Red on Tahoe with 21' Aero Blade. I did a hour test drive, liked the car.
In October 2021 I placed a depot on a RS E-Tron GT exclusive color ETA July. I'm deciding between these 2 cars which are both great, but different.

Has anyone heard of a leasing option for the Lucid? My SA says there is one coming, but they don't know exactly when. I would only lease an EV specially from a start up like Lucid as a hedge and a way to share the risk with the OEM.

I have a reservation on the Lucid Air Grand Touring in Zenith Red on Tahoe with 21' Aero Blade. I did a hour test drive, liked the car.
In October 2021 I placed a depot on a RS E-Tron GT exclusive color ETA July. I'm deciding between these 2 cars which are both great, but different.

Has anyone heard of a leasing option for the Lucid? My SA says there is one coming, but they don't know exactly when. I would only lease an EV specially from a start up like Lucid as a hedge and a way to share the risk with the OEM.

I have always purchased, not leased, but for the reasons that PaulS has stated, I would be tempted to lease a Lucid.

I have always purchased, not leased, but for the reasons that PaulS has stated, I would be tempted to lease a Lucid.
Another reason I only lease EVs is the Li-Ion battery being a temporary place holder until Solid State starts rolling out

I asked about it with DA who said they are working on it. But who wants to guess residual values these days. I'd guess they first figure out trade in's.

I asked about it with DA who said they are working on it. But who wants to guess residual values these days. I'd guess they first figure out trade in's.
I dont think they are motivated to have leasing on their books in general and I wonder how long it take to even have the data for a proper RV

It occurs to me that in a lease, the owner is the lessor. So that means that the price protection of reserving a Lucid may be lost and the same may be true of the EA free charging since the person reserving the car is not the person buying the car.

It occurs to me that in a lease, the owner is the lessor. So that means that the price protection of reserving a Lucid may be lost and the same may be true of the EA free charging since the person reserving the car is not the person buying the car.
I leased my eTron and had all of the benefits of free charging from EA. I believe the benefits go to the registered owner in this case, and not the lienholder.

I leased my eTron and had all of the benefits of free charging from EA. I believe the benefits go to the registered owner in this case, and not the lienholder.
Correct. Lease is a just the finance component

Back