LCID stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
. . . unless they have other products like Tesla's solar and battery storage

It's been a while since I've heard anything of it, but Lucid was also getting into the commercial battery storage business as a way to utilize batteries that had become too degraded for automotive use.

And, although the Aston Martin deal is all they have to show for it as yet, Lucid has plans to license its drivetrain technology, which Tesla does not. Jaguar has already found it has neither the determination nor, perhaps, the resources to tackle EV propulsion, and other smaller auto makers may find themselves in the same boat at some point. While the Germans seem determined to keep most of their EV engineering in house, some already use major components from Bosch and other suppliers for kay parts of the powertrain. Unless they either bring more of the powertrain in house or induce suppliers to up their game, I wonder how long they're going to cede the competition for motor weight and volumetric efficiencies to Lucid.

It's been a while since I've heard anything of it, but Lucid was also getting into the commercial battery storage business as a way to utilize batteries that had become too degraded for automotive use.

And, although the Aston Martin deal is all they have to show for it as yet, Lucid has plans to license its drivetrain technology, which Tesla does not. Jaguar has already found it has neither the determination nor, perhaps, the resources to tackle EV propulsion, and other smaller auto makers may find themselves in the same boat at some point. While the Germans seem determined to keep most of their EV engineering in house, some already use major components from Bosch and other suppliers for kay parts of the powertrain. Unless they either bring more of the powertrain in house or induce suppliers to up their game, I wonder how long they're going to cede the competition for motor weight and volumetric efficiencies to Lucid.
Fact check: Jaguar has had an EV since 2018. I own one, and it is excellent. They’ve also announced they are going all EV for 2025.

Outside of Aston, there aren't a lot of small independent automotive companies anymore. Most of the luxury brands are owned by big conglomerates.

Honestly, I could see Lexus or Acura partnering with Lucid. I know Toyota has been making a lot of claims around battery technology, and Acura/Honda has worked with GM on their upcoming electric SUV, but both luxury brands seem to be way behind in EV products. They could jump ahead of the Germans in the luxury space by utilizing the Lucid platform.

Fact check: Jaguar has had an EV since 2018. I own one, and it is excellent. They’ve also announced they are going all EV for 2025.
This ev does notably use off the shelf parts. I do have high hopes for the electric XJ, which they cancelled in 2020 and are rumored to have bought it back in August 2023.

Rimac is a threat, which makes Porsche a huge threat and anything in the VW group for that matter.

This ev does notably use off the shelf parts. I do have high hopes for the electric XJ, which they cancelled in 2020 and are rumored to have bought it back in August 2023.
Actually, the I Pace was clean sheet design. It does use some suspension and interior parts from existing cars, which makes sense.

I've also been thinking about a big car company acquiring Lucid or their technology. Lucid's motor's size and efficiency is amazing! I know Lucid wants to focus on luxury but if they start selling non luxury mid sized sedan or crossover then it'll sell a lot more. Imagine putting in Lucid motor say in Ioniq 5 with battery size 77kwh. Currently rated for 300mi range but with the Lucid motor it'll be around 330mi.

Actually, the I Pace was clean sheet design. It does use some suspension and interior parts from existing cars, which makes sense.
Wait, they even designed the motors, battery, inverter, etc? If so, that is an amazing feat considering the limited resources of JLR. The fact they use interior and suspension parts from other jags is a good thing IMO. It is a shame the XJ was discontinued and the I pace isn’t being updated, they are very nice cars even now.

You're right. I had forgotten about the I-Pace. However, Jaguar is axing it (https://www.driving.co.uk/news/business/jaguar-kill-off-ipace-electric-car-2025/#:~:text=I-Pace was always scheduled for axing&text=“We don't want the,the first half of 2025.)

I was thinking of Jaguar's abandonment of an EV EJ after a fairly significant development period, although they do say they're introducing new EV models.

I was thinking of Jaguar's abandonment of an EV EJ after a fairly significant development period, although they do say they're introducing new EV models.
Actually, rumors are that it was bought back early this year for a 2025-2026 release.

Thursday November 16 Gravity announcement. Stock price at 3.75 right now. Potential for some swing trade here.

Hmmm I'm guessing Lucid market cap shouldnt fall below $7B which would be 3.05. I'd be tempted to grab a ton if it drops to 3.5 on Monday or Tuesday.

Gravity announcement would not have much effect unless the sales launch timeframe is moved up, which is unlikely. I agree $3 should be the bottom. Question is will it drop again over the next few quarters with more weakness in production and sales before Gravity generates revenue? My hopeful answer is even if US sales remain flat, sales from the Saudi market should become meaningful in early 2024 and generate some uplift. Maybe some risk to a lousy Q4 earnings report. Then I see upside.

Gravity announcement would not have much effect unless the sales launch timeframe is moved up, which is unlikely. I
Hmm. You mean like when Tesla stock didn’t jump at all when Cyberytuck and the new Roadster were announced but not immediately shipping?

Thursday November 16 Gravity announcement. Stock price at 3.75 right now. Potential for some swing trade here.

Hmmm I'm guessing Lucid market cap shouldnt fall below $7B which would be 3.05. I'd be tempted to grab a ton if it drops to 3.5 on Monday or Tuesday.
I’m sort of in this boat myself right now. Curious where everything will level out because, frankly, Lucid’s stock prices make 0 sense given their cost reports.

I’m sort of in this boat myself right now. Curious where everything will level out because, frankly, Lucid’s stock prices make 0 sense given their cost reports.

They just need to double production/ delivery. That’s pretty easy to do with Saudi shipments. They were hoping factory will start Sept but got pushed to Oct so couldn’t realize Saudi builds in Q3.

Gravity announcement would not have much effect unless the sales launch timeframe is moved up, which is unlikely. I agree $3 should be the bottom. Question is will it drop again over the next few quarters with more weakness in production and sales before Gravity generates revenue? My hopeful answer is even if US sales remain flat, sales from the Saudi market should become meaningful in early 2024 and generate some uplift. Maybe some risk to a lousy Q4 earnings report. Then I see upside.
Just catching up on old postings. You were right as the stock price is slightly down since the Gravity Launch. I guess,as you said, late q4 2024 delivery is just too far out. I worry about Saudi help to keep the company going. Would feel a lot better if Lucid were bought up by a major auto mfg who could provide some proper mgmt. Clearly Peter is a car design and innovator not necessarily a true CEO.

Just catching up on old postings. You were right as the stock price is slightly down since the Gravity Launch. I guess,as you said, late q4 2024 delivery is just too far out. I worry about Saudi help to keep the company going. Would feel a lot better if Lucid were bought up by a major auto mfg who could provide some proper mgmt. Clearly Peter is a car design and innovator not necessarily a true CEO.
I've heard many people say such, but what major auto mfg is knocking it out of the park with EVs? What exactly is being mismanaged that these other companies are getting right?

It would be a disaster for Lucid to be purchased by major auto manufacturer. Lucid's efficiency and space concept is based on the way all the teams work together to achieve this goal. Suspension, drive train, exterior design, interior design are all closely linked which is something that does not happen well at established automakers. You are correct that Peter is a technical guy and can answer detailed questions on all aspect of design which is different than other companies. It is also key to the way the groups accomplish the results we see in Air and Gravity.

I've heard many people say such, but what major auto mfg is knocking it out of the park with EVs? What exactly is being mismanaged that these other companies are getting right?
I agree other than Tesla no one is selling enough EVs in the U.S. I think what is being mismanaged are the projections which Lucid has missed nearly every qtr. Hopefully they will make the next qtr projections. Whether u like Tesla they do accuratly forecast unit sales. Yes some qtrs are slightly higher or lower but they are pretty consistent. Peter misses his quarterly projections by a lot (% wise) and the numbers are so small. Anyway, they make a great car just no one knows about the Company. Hopefully in a year this will change.

Reactions: DBV
I agree other than Tesla no one is selling enough EVs in the U.S. I think what is being mismanaged are the projections which Lucid has missed nearly every qtr. Hopefully they will make the next qtr projections. Whether u like Tesla they do accuratly forecast unit sales. Yes some qtrs are slightly higher or lower but they are pretty consistent. Peter misses his quarterly projections by a lot (% wise) and the numbers are so small. Anyway, they make a great car just no one knows about the Company. Hopefully in a year this will change.
Good point. Overestimated demand and production the first year and since then he has been trying to catch up but constantly fails. 20k, then 10-14k, now 8-8.5k. That first 20k projection was a nail in the coffin. Trying to dig yourself out of that is hard especially when demand for high priced EV sedans is not there. And Lucid gets hammered by tesla supporters constantly. I'm suprised they didn't send more built cars to Saudi if they weren't being bought in US. That was dissappointing.

Hoping Gravity will save the day, but end of 2024 is too far out to my liking. Guess another year of negativity against the company. Undeserved but if stock/sales doesn't do well, this is what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back