LCID stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the overproduction. I assume they haven't work through their existing inventory, so why continue to overproduce complete cars only to have them sit on the lot. Especially at the end of the model year.
Because they promised 10k cars built this year. And the stock market is irrational.

Seems some could be reading too much from the Internet rumblings ( it must be true)……. Rather than doing due diligence on the entire story.

Tesla growth=
Considering Tesla's current valuation, it's clear most investors don't view Tesla as a carmaker. Car sales alone don't justify Tesla's stock price. Investors are paying a steep premium because they believe in Tesla's ability to innovate, open new markets, diversify its business model and create massive shareholder value.

Here's what it comes down to: If you're confident Tesla will fend off EV competition, remain dominant in the EV market and kick off new growth cycles in other markets, today's stock price makes sense. Yes, there are risks—plus a premium price tag and potentially long timeline. But those are trade-offs you make to invest in high-growth stocks.

Tesla delivered 1.3 million cars in 2022 they are going to deliver close to 2 million cars the end of 2023. Not sure where growth is done is coming from
TESLA is a tech stock

Also, they just raised prices of the model X yesterday

LCID sold more cars a year ago than it did thus far this year. Does that mean the growth for the brand is dead?
….. come on let’s keep it real here.
The EV market is HUGE! and rooting for both companies should be encouraged
Nothing wrong with being PRO for both especially if buying STOCK 🤘 👍

Last edited:
Investors are paying a steep premium because they believe in Tesla's ability to innovate, open new markets, diversify its business model and create massive shareholder value.
They haven't done any of this in years. Instead, they keep announcing vaporware products while their CEO futzes around on X.

New Roadster - Nowhere in sight
Cybertruck - Finally shipping "soon" with none of the innovative features that were announced for it, probably at a much higher price
Robots - If you believe this one, I have a bridge I can sell you
FSD - slowly making improvements, but still likely at least a decade from being close to reality

Even if they had shipped every one of these things by now, the stock would still be overpriced. And it's what, half what it was two years ago? Without these thihngs, they are still massively overpriced.

The reckoning is coming…

Seems some could be reading too much from the Internet rumblings ( it must be true)……. Rather than doing due diligence on the entire story.

Tesla growth=
Considering Tesla's current valuation, it's clear most investors don't view Tesla as a carmaker. Car sales alone don't justify Tesla's stock price. Investors are paying a steep premium because they believe in Tesla's ability to innovate, open new markets, diversify its business model and create massive shareholder value.

Here's what it comes down to: If you're confident Tesla will fend off EV competition, remain dominant in the EV market and kick off new growth cycles in other markets, today's stock price makes sense. Yes, there are risks—plus a premium price tag and potentially long timeline. But those are trade-offs you make to invest in high-growth stocks.

Tesla delivered 1.3 million cars in 2022 they are going to deliver close to 2 million cars the end of 2023. Not sure where growth is done is coming from
TESLA is a tech stock

Also, they just raised prices of the model X yesterday

LCID sold more cars a year ago than it did thus far this year. Does that mean the growth for the brand is dead?
….. come on let’s keep it real here.
The EV market is HUGE! and rooting for both companies should be encouraged
Nothing wrong with being PRO for both especially if buying STOCK 🤘 👍
Tesla is just a car company. Most people are realizing now. All that thing about AI, Robotaxis etc is 20 years away at least. Market cap of 700 billion, no thanks!! But I understand why the fanbase would buy.

They haven't done any of this in years. Instead, they keep announcing vaporware products while their CEO futzes around on X.

New Roadster - Nowhere in sight
Cybertruck - Finally shipping "soon" with none of the innovative features that were announced for it, probably at a much higher price
Robots - If you believe this one, I have a bridge I can sell you
FSD - slowly making improvements, but still likely at least a decade from being close to reality

Even if they had shipped every one of these things by now, the stock would still be overpriced. And it's what, half what it was two years ago? Without these thihngs, they are still massively overpriced.

The reckoning is coming…
…. let’s see how the stock performs ….over the next year I think it’ll be pretty surprising from current level ^^
IMG_8453.gif

Last edited:
The EV market is huge and sector will continue to grow. We can agree and disagree and point our point after point if TSLA just a car company or TECH company, not gonna argue that here as this is a stock thread . LCID/TSLA both these companies I am very bullish on in the long term. There is money to be made trading both in and out on short term moves as well.
See all of my posts on stock investing/info in both companies. (regarding stock over the last two years price points and where to enter.
Not to toot the horn, however
I’ve been right each time I posted over the last few years with might have been valuable info to some if buying/ selling these stocks.
Do with it what you will

Have a nice weekend fellas.

Last edited:
Tesla is EV market leader. As a leader, not only Tesla has advantage of highly efficient vertical integration, they are also spawning for horizontal integration. NACS with TSCN will have them monopolize in domestic energy deliver service. They will be top EV and electric tech products in all 6 continents. They don’t always need to innovate, they can just buy out other companies in technology expansion in stock swap/cash deal. Tesla needs to keep hitting 50% growth year after year, or they valuation is questioned of their leadership advantage. Yes, their stock is steep price at this level. But investors are buying for potentials of more products and market penetration. Tesla has foresight to create TSCN to service the potential market they will conquer. “Tesla” changed its name from “Tesla Motors” in 2017 so it is aiming to do more than just EV, energy storage, robotics, AI software, solar array, etc.

Lucid will grow, but in current macro environment it is very tough and stagnant for its products. It must execute faster than in the past and have broader customers base and more revenues sources than just efficient powertrain story. Aston-Martin deal such is one of them Peter landed on.

Sapphire is halo EV marketing push. Lucid needs to accelerate its speed to catch up on its delayed timeline, reduce complexity of not having too many trims in the coming Galaxy, make manufacturing more cost efficient. and focusing releasing more software features as alternative marketing tool from words of mouth from its satisfied owners.

I'm not worried.
One has very little to do with another one.
The stock market has it's own rules which NOBODY understands.

Was checking out the progress of the worlds largest Lucid service facility at the King of Prussia mall (PA). It's been over a year since I was told it was "in progress, due to open fall of 2023". It's still a hollow shell of the former Toys R Us warehouse, still. I go there about monthly. They even took the Lucid sign down???!!! = progress is negative. People routinely dump their trash there; contractor waste, old tires. The lot is full of tire marks: donuts and burnouts. Nobody there working in the middle of a weekday. Has Lucid given up?

We live in a pretty wealthy "ring county" of Philadelphia, but there is no promotion. None. At the mall there is an entire wing of ultra high-end stores...Rodeo Drive brands. I was charging so took a walk down the watch wing (base watches at $40k...Rolex was the McDonald's of watches among them).

I stopped in the Tesla showroom and looked at the Plaid. The funk was open...there was barely room for a happy meal ? The interior was Dodge Neon. Who buys these cars?

This year I'm seeing Teslas everywhere ... clearly this is a market ripe for the picking.

How are we not winning ?

Anyone local want to have a rally at the King of Prussia mall, SE PA ? We can do burnouts around the Porsches and Bentleys, wreck havoc, and buy an armload of Patek Philippe watches in case our phone it too hard to reach. lunch is on me.

a taste

Never thought I would see the day! At least we have good news on the way.
I'm throwing some money at the stocks in the low $4's myself (sold out early when it was higher).

I'm truly curious if it's going to spike when the Gravity is announced next month and spike from what. Wallstreet runs on little to no logic unless bias or blatantly obvious money seems to be involved.

I'm throwing some money at the stocks in the low $4's myself (sold out early when it was higher).

I'm truly curious if it's going to spike when the Gravity is announced next month and spike from what. Wallstreet runs on little to no logic unless bias or blatantly obvious money seems to be involved.
I suspect things will only get more difficult for Lucid over the next few years, I hope I'm wrong.

I suspect things will only get more difficult for Lucid over the next few years, I hope I'm wrong.
Can't get more difficult than this. At some point Wall Street will start buying EV stocks again. Lucid SUV will be out of this world. Lucid seems pretty confident about that. Saudi GOV will start buying the Saudi built Lucid Airs. In fact, many Saudi's will buy the Lucid built in Saudi. The fact that Lucid is expanding internationally, adds a buffer. No need to just be reliant on US sales where EV adoption is a big fat joke!

Just hold a decade.....never sell!

I haven't listened to the call yet, have they discussed how many have shipped to the EU? Have they shipped anything besides demo cars?

I have now lost over $70,000 in this stock. To make matters worse my Air GT also depreciated $50k in one year. So disappointing.,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back