Key fob battery usage

Just turn off passive unlock.
And when I try to listen to my music from my phone while in my home office but it is playing in the car?

I’m
And when I try to listen to my music from my phone while in my home office but it is playing in the car?
two options: You can turn off Bluetooth entirely on the phone, or you can tap the music widget in the phone control center and choose the output source.

So, I think it's the car. I left the fob at home and was using the mobile key. Went to car wash and was using the "do-it-yourself" one. I got out and locked it so the handles would be in. As I was going around the car washing it, the car continually cycled thru lock-unlock. lock-unlock. I was never more than 2 feet away....maybe 3 tops.

It HAS to be a poor receiver inside the car, no?

So, I think it's the car. I left the fob at home and was using the mobile key. Went to car wash and was using the "do-it-yourself" one. I got out and locked it so the handles would be in. As I was going around the car washing it, the car continually cycled thru lock-unlock. lock-unlock. I was never more than 2 feet away....maybe 3 tops.

Why not just turn off Bluetooth while in the car wash?

Seriously?!?!? You know that’s not the point!!
Seems like the antennae is hyper sensitive then. It's also supposed to stay locked for at least 5 min, more like 10 when you push to lock.

When I wash my car, I turn Passive Lock off so that the handles stay open the whole time. I like to call it Car Wash Mode.

The other trick that I use with my phone is to turn off Location when I'm home or in my work office. That way the car doesn't frequently unlock/lock. Turn Location on before needing to go to the car and it auto unlocks when I get near it most times.

Some times the car is in what I call Deep Sleep Mode, where it won't wake up with mobile key or by pressing the handles. All I need to do is open the app and it immediately unlocks. Annoying, but easy to deal with.

Today is like first day I can remember me being able to open the door by pushing a handle when the car is in deep sleep. I also just changed to a bitterant cleaned with rubbing alcohol battery yesterday. So I pushed my driver door that didn’t work, pushed rear driver door that didn’t t work pushed front passenger door that don’t work, then I finally pushed the rear passenger door there was like a 5 second delay but then the lights came on and car was awoken!!
So the key I guess is what door you press. I guess I have to press my rear passenger door strange.
Why can’t all the doors do this ??

Today is like first day I can remember me being able to open the door by pushing a handle when the car is in deep sleep. I also just changed to a bitterant cleaned with rubbing alcohol battery yesterday. So I pushed my driver door that didn’t work, pushed rear driver door that didn’t t work pushed front passenger door that don’t work, then I finally pushed the rear passenger door there was like a 5 second delay but then the lights came on and car was awoken!!
So the key I guess is what door you press. I guess I have to press my rear passenger door strange.
Why can’t all the doors do this ??
My guess? The car just needed a few extra seconds, and you just kept pushing doors until it was finally ready at the rear passenger door.

Try waiting a bit next time it doesn't work on the first try.

Lucid really needs to work on sleep/wake. It should be as fast as a modern MacBook or iPad.

I think Joe’s explanation above is probably on target. It’s just a coincidence which door opened the car. Had you waited, it could have been a different door. So it was more a question of how long you waited for the car to awaken rather than which door you pressed.

A 90 second wait I could try it I will film it too

Also film mobile key, valet card, new battery, using the other fob, etc.
How exactly does valet card work when passive unlock is off??
Well I tried it. It ran about 2 minutes and didn’t unlock from driver side so I don’t think it’s a timing thing. On my car push to unlock on the driver side just plain doesn’t work…

Do we tell Lucid this is a software problem or a hardware problem? Can someone run the same test and have it work on driver side ??

It’s in deep sleep mode that’s a prequusitite
And passive unlock should be off

Video

How exactly does valet card work when passive unlock is off??
Well I tried it. It ran about 2 minutes and didn’t unlock from driver side so I don’t think it’s a timing thing. On my car push to unlock on the driver side just plain doesn’t work…

Do we tell Lucid this is a software problem or a hardware problem? Can someone run the same test and have it work on driver side ??

It’s in deep sleep mode that’s a prequusitite
And passive unlock should be off

Video
Valet card works regardless of lock setting.

From the manual:

Hold the Valet card just above the driver's
side center pillar camera to lock or unlock the
doors.
Yeah so I did that in the video right that didn’t “unlock the car”

Back