Just got your Air? Common questions answered!

@borski I will surely use this for FAQ. Is the 1st post sticky so that I can just only look at it or do I have to read through it all to find an answer?

@borski I will surely use this for FAQ. Is the 1st post sticky so that I can just only look at it or do I have to read through it all to find an answer?
The first post should, theoretically, be updated with any comments. If it isn’t, please point that out!

The first post should, theoretically, be updated with any comments. If it isn’t, please point that out!
Fantastic. This will be my first line of defense. Particularly if my wife is driving and there is a surprise:D

Fantastic. This will be my first line of defense. Particularly if my wife is driving and there is a surprise:D
My wife loved it when I sent her the link. Brownie points for @borski and @hydbob and others who contributed to it!

What is the phone number to text service?

Thank you. I was searching and couldn’t find it. Want to save it just in case.
Its the same number you call for service. It's listed in the Lucid app as well!

just signed my paperwork, it said 200 miles, i am in fl so maybe distance from service center? riviere beach to bradenton 180 miles? or just random
Random, I live in Phoenix and got the same 200 miles.

Random, I live in Phoenix and got the same 200 miles.
Mine said 200 also, I think that’s the legal limit for mikes on a car before the seller can not declare “new” and it would have to be called used.

Mine said 200 also, I think that’s the legal limit for mikes on a car before the seller can not declare “new” and it would have to be called used.
They all say 200 miles, because the people writing the paperwork have no idea what the actual milage is. It's an estimate.

Interesting factoid about the 200 being a legal limit. That would make sense. Better to overestimate (as far as you can get away with) than deliver a car that has more miles than you stated.

The acutal milage on the odometer will vary on delivery. Most people have reported 20 or fewer miles when they get their cars.

This may vary by state, I know demo cars could (1958, NYS) be sold as new if they are under 5000 miles. All still had to be declared to the buyer.

This may vary by state, I know demo cars could (1958, NYS) be sold as new if they are under 5000 miles. All still had to be declared to the buyer.
You are correct, in the 90s I was a dealer for 9 years, dealerships (including mine) would use the term demo when the dealership owned the car usually letting their management and a few salespeople drive them until just under 5000 miles and sell them as “demos” but their is no legal term demo and legally they were and had to be sold as used cars. Legally there are only two choices on the buyers contract. New or used.

Is there a way to completely turn off the lights, including DRLs, while still in the car?

Not right now.

Thanks for the answers. Few more questions I had:

1. How does this thing lock? I'm connected with the phone key and it never locks itself, even though I'm 30 ft away from the car. I have to manually lock it each time in the app.
2. How do we do a soft reset? I had a couple of issues a. Driver side window doesn't roll up after halfway b. Blind spot view doesn't show up sometimes
3. Is there a way to adjust steering sensitivity?
4. Why does it keep coming back from Sprint to Smooth?

Thanks for the answers. Few more questions I had:

1. How does this thing lock? I'm connected with the phone key and it never locks itself, even though I'm 30 ft away from the car. I have to manually lock it each time in the app.
2. How do we do a soft reset? I had a couple of issues a. Driver side window doesn't roll up after halfway b. Blind spot view doesn't show up sometimes
3. Is there a way to adjust steering sensitivity?
4. Why does it keep coming back from Sprint to Smooth?
1. - I use phone key only. Make sure no Fob or another phone is inside the car. Usually walked away, it will lock for me.

2. - Walk away, lock for 30 seconds, then come back in.

3. - Smooth, Swift and Sprint mode each has own slightly varied steering handling sensitivity.

4. - Car doesn’t remember mode after restart, you have to go back to Sprint mode each session.

1. - I use phone key only. Make sure no Fob or another phone is inside the car. Usually walked away, it will lock for me.

3. - Smooth, Swift and Sprint mode each has own slightly varied steering handling sensitivity.

4. - Car doesn’t remember mode after restart, you have to go back to Sprint mode each session.
The reason for 4 is the EPA. The EPA range needs to be based off the “default” mode of the car. So the car must start in Smooth, or else Lucid would have had to test the car for mileage using Swift or Sprint.

1- you can also just press the driver door handle in before you walk away.

Correction to prior posts. Looks like reading the owners manual would have saved me the trouble:

Lucid Owner's Manual (digital) Battery Pack and Charging pp 146 - 151
(reading the whole section is necessary, but here are the important bits:)

"Battery pack life and performance are greatly improved by maintaining a healthy state of charge (generally between 40% and 80%). "

"CAUTION: Avoid exposing your vehicle to ambient temperatures above 113°F (45°C) or below -4°F (-20°C) for more than 24 hours at a time. "

"The most effective way to prolong the battery (when not driving) is to leave it plugged into a charging source. Setting the charge level to "Daily" usage helps preserve battery health."

"CAUTION: Charging beyond the recommended level too often can cause battery pack degradation."

ALL OF PAGE 151:

"Follow these guidelines for setting the charge limit:

For the fastest possible charge rate (miles/minute), set the slider as low as practically possible for the intended use of the vehicle.
For general use, set the slider to "Daily" or 50% - 80%. This setting best preserves the battery pack life. -
For more range, set the slider beyond "Daily" and up to "Distance." "Distance" allows a full charge.
When charging beyond the "Daily" setting, you may notice changes in reduced regenerative braking and charging speeds.
This functionality gradually returns as the car is driven. "

Back