Just got your Air? Common questions answered!

Anyone successfully locate a fuse box? I read elsewhere here that there is one somewhere in the box behind the mirror, and one in trunk (rear), but not sure where to look. Also would be great to have the fuses mapped so we know which ones are ACC and which ones not to tap.
I share your concern. I hopefully will be picking up my car in a week or so and this is on my checklist of questions. I will take photos of the locations and will try to post them to this thread.

One is in the trunk on the right side, where the 12v battery is under the cigarette lighter port. Another is in the frunk underneath the plastic panel (and another panel underneath that). There may be another one but I’m not sure.
There's supposedly one behind the camera system in the front on the roof.

I share your concern. I hopefully will be picking up my car in a week or so and this is on my checklist of questions. I will take photos of the locations and will try to post them to this thread.
I had promised to take some pictures of the various fuse box locations when I took delivery of my AGT. I did share with the DA that I wanted to do this. He was not comfortable doing this so he asked the Service Center’s manager, Christina, for help. She also was not comfortable in doing this to a my AGT since it was in the middle of the delivery process and she did not wish to tear a car apart during this process. Instead, she went back into the active part of the Center and took pictures of a AGT that was in for service and was already partially opened.

The easiest fuse box to get access to is in the right portion of the truck, under when the tow hook is stored. Actually, the car’s manual calls the tow hook a “vehicle recovery eye”. Once you remove the carpeted cover under which the “vehicle recovery eye” is located, you then pull up the boot that the carpeted cover covers. Both the rear fuse box and one of the vehicle’s two 12V batteries can then be seen. A picture Christina took is attached.

Another fuse box is located under the Frunk’ hood. It is located right in front of the windshield, under a plastic cover (see photo #2). Using a flat tool (e.g., a flathead screwdriver), pop up the cover. Once removed, a second cover is now exposed (see photo #3). The technician did not remove this cover, which covers the front fuse box. The Owner’s Manual states: “Pull back the fastener on the sides of the fuse box to release the cover and open.”

We did not get to the third fuse box but review of the Owner’s Manual indicates that it is easily accessed but care must be used in opening it. The Manual states: “The cabin fuse box is located in the front passenger’s footwell. Remove the four star screws securing the close-out panel in place. Lower the panel to access the fuse box. CAUTION: Take care when lowering the trim panel as the air distribution outlet for the passenger footwell and the footwell lamp are secured to the reverse side of the panel.”

My assessment of all of this is that one should not try to access these fuse boxes and replace any blown fuses simply because each is a bit difficult to get to and undesired consequences may occur is care is not taken. Unlike the good old ICE cars I am used to, these fuse boxes are best dealt with by trained technicians. It seems as time passes me by, cars are getting more and more complex, complicated and difficult to address when, what used to be simple issues, occur (in this case, a blown fuse).

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image (324).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (324).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 298
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (317).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (317).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 286
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (321).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (321).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 287
I had promised to take some pictures of the various fuse box locations when I took delivery of my AGT. I did share with the DA that I wanted to do this. He was not comfortable doing this so he asked the Service Center’s manager, Christina, for help. She also was not comfortable in doing this to a my AGT since it was in the middle of the delivery process and she did not wish to tear a car apart during this process. Instead, she went back into the active part of the Center and took pictures of a AGT that was in for service and was already partially opened.

The easiest fuse box to get access to is in the right portion of the truck, under when the tow hook is stored. Actually, the car’s manual calls the tow hook a “vehicle recovery eye”. Once you remove the carpeted cover under which the “vehicle recovery eye” is located, you then pull up the boot that the carpeted cover covers. Both the rear fuse box and one of the vehicle’s two 12V batteries can then be seen. A picture Christina took is attached.

Another fuse box is located under the Frunk’ hood. It is located right in front of the windshield, under a plastic cover (see photo #2). Using a flat tool (e.g., a flathead screwdriver), pop up the cover. Once removed, a second cover is now exposed (see photo #3). The technician did not remove this cover, which covers the front fuse box. The Owner’s Manual states: “Pull back the fastener on the sides of the fuse box to release the cover and open.”

We did not get to the third fuse box but review of the Owner’s Manual indicates that it is easily accessed but care must be used in opening it. The Manual states: “The cabin fuse box is located in the front passenger’s footwell. Remove the four star screws securing the close-out panel in place. Lower the panel to access the fuse box. CAUTION: Take care when lowering the trim panel as the air distribution outlet for the passenger footwell and the footwell lamp are secured to the reverse side of the panel.”

My assessment of all of this is that one should not try to access these fuse boxes and replace any blown fuses simply because each is a bit difficult to get to and undesired consequences may occur is care is not taken. Unlike the good old ICE cars I am used to, these fuse boxes are best dealt with by trained technicians. It seems as time passes me by, cars are getting more and more complex, complicated and difficult to address when, what used to be simple issues, occur (in this case, a blown fuse).
There is an ethernet port clearly visible in that first photo. Has anyone tried plugging a computer into it yet?

In the old days, anyone can get tools and have hobby of being a grease monkey in their garage by getting mechanic manuals from dealership. Nowaday, you do that, you void warranty. They don’t even want you to jump your own car.

There is an ethernet port clearly visible in that first photo. Has anyone tried plugging a computer into it yet?
Some ethernet ports or rather RJ45 ports are used for other means than ethernet including different voltage levels and signals. Its not difficult to burn up you laptop ethernet card or whatever card is in lucid end if its not meant to be ethernet.

Sounds like fun... though is it really... safe... on public streets? (Movie quote: <buzz..>. Is. It. Safe?)
And, does it end up spinning the tires, or does it do a pretty good job of avoiding a "burn out"? (Is there a "drift mode", lol?)
No spinning w the 21 in Pirelllis but quite a neck snap to the point of feeling nauseous- unbelievable acceleration!

Some ethernet ports or rather RJ45 ports are used for other means than ethernet including different voltage levels and signals. Its not difficult to burn up you laptop ethernet card or whatever card is in lucid end if its not meant to be ethernet.
This one is an Ethernet port; that much I can guarantee.

Yeah, agreed - I think it’s the rubber not the size. That said, right now, they’re one and the same.
Beside the range, and disadvantages with the 21” versus the 19”? Does you car feel stiffer on the street with the 21”?

Beside the range, and disadvantages with the 21” versus the 19”? Does you car feel stiffer on the street with the 21”?
A little. But I prefer a lot of driving feedback and they are definitely stickier and handle a bit better. It isn’t huge, though - the 19s ride wonderfully too.

A little. But I prefer a lot of driving feedback and they are definitely stickier and handle a bit better. It isn’t huge, though - the 19s ride wonderfully too.
I just don’t like the 19” look on the Air. It kills its beautiful shape.

Service was out to ours today and confirmed that this is indeed a standard ethernet port... they plugged their standard laptop into it to run diagnostics on our NFC readers (our valet cards were not working, in the end they determined they simply had never been programmed/paired to the car, all fixed now).

I agree. I have both sets because for road trips the 19s are worth it for two reasons 1) range, and 2) potholes / bad roads.
I was thinking to get the 20s for the Touring. What do you think of those compared with the 19s?

Saw the 20 “ wheels at Millbrae yesterday. Looks really good.
The 20s are my clear favorite, in terms of looks. But no snow tires available makes them impractical for me.

Maybe if I ever move back to the Bay Area, I’ll swap them out.

I ordered the 19" because I need winter tires and I like the wheels better than the other options.
My plan is to buy a set of summer tires and wheels ... don't know if I'll go 20 or 21 yet.
PXL_20221103_145841998.jpg

Back