Just got your Air? Common questions answered!

When I picked up my car the odometer had just 10 miles on it.

Mine had 7 (but the paperwork had 100, as with everyone else). Perhaps yours was subject to more pre-delivery inspection.

Be careful with Launch Mode. You might puke or pee or both!! :eek::cool:
Sounds like fun... though is it really... safe... on public streets? (Movie quote: <buzz..>. Is. It. Safe?)
And, does it end up spinning the tires, or does it do a pretty good job of avoiding a "burn out"? (Is there a "drift mode", lol?)

Sounds like fun... though is it really... safe... on public streets? (Movie quote: <buzz..>. Is. It. Safe?)
And, does it end up spinning the tires, or does it do a pretty good job of avoiding a "burn out"? (Is there a "drift mode", lol?)
On the 19s, they’ll spin but stay stable. On the 21s, they don’t spin.

And you can turn off traction control.

On the 19s, they’ll spin but stay stable. On the 21s, they don’t spin.

And you can turn off traction control.
I suspect this is more related to the rubber than the wheel size, e.g. summer only grippy tires vs less grippy all season tires.
I take it that launch control forces traction control on, which seems to be what The Stig said in one of his hill climb videos w/ an Air GTP (launch control to start, then immediately turn off traction control to give him more direct control).

Oh, and the 19" wheels are only 0.27% smaller in circumference than the 21", so that is likely to make little difference.

Oh, and the 19" wheels are only 0.27% smaller in circumference than the 21", so that is likely to make little difference.
Yeah, agreed - I think it’s the rubber not the size. That said, right now, they’re one and the same.

So I just finalized paperwork and saw that my odometer said 200 miles.....that seems really really high. Can anyone share what their cars had when they were delivered....I don't want a semi-new car.
Thanks in advance. They are also sending the 19 winter wheels and tire setup with my car will update folks on the setup.
The paperwork I received today also states an odometer of 200. I am wondering if that is a placeholder/default value given ours are the same.

The paperwork I received today also states an odometer of 200. I am wondering if that is a placeholder/default value given ours are the same.
Me too! I pick the car up Monday and the paperwork says 200 miles. And I am originally from Minnesota (Lake Minnetonka). Maybe they are picking on us.

Me too! I pick the car up Monday and the paperwork says 200 miles. And I am originally from Minnesota (Lake Minnetonka). Maybe they are picking on us.
My paperwork (NH) said "100 miles", but my DA said it was a placeholder; it would actually be considerably less. It ended up being 45 miles on the odometer upon delivery.

Let me know how it goes and what actual mileage was. I am hoping for this week/early next for delivery (Edina).

just signed my paperwork, it said 200 miles, i am in fl so maybe distance from service center? riviere beach to bradenton 180 miles? or just random

just signed my paperwork, it said 200 miles, i am in fl so maybe distance from service center? riviere beach to bradenton 180 miles? or just random
Paperwork says 200 for everyone. Used to say 100. It’s whatever is the maximum allowed to be defined as “new” so that they don’t have to track each mile on each car. Usually delivered with many fewer miles.

Paperwork says 200 for everyone. Used to say 100. It’s whatever is the maximum allowed to be defined as “new” so that they don’t have to track each mile on each car. Usually delivered with many fewer miles.
Yup. Mine said 100. Actually had 40 something. Would rather have a few more miles so I know they tested it a little.

just got word. 9/17 home delivery in the morning. expect late morning live 3 plus hrs from service center

I have confirmed 9/20 delivery. Any word on yours?
My car is at GI and Lucid is arranging transport for home delivery. I haven't heard from GI about a delivery date yet. Since the car passed initial checks at GI, my DA called to let me know and ask that I pay.

Let me know how it goes and what actual mileage was. I am hoping for this week/early next for delivery (Edina).
30 miles. The hardware on the Lucid Air is great. The software is terrible. Lucid had better step up their game as to software.

Anyone successfully locate a fuse box? I read elsewhere here that there is one somewhere in the box behind the mirror, and one in trunk (rear), but not sure where to look. Also would be great to have the fuses mapped so we know which ones are ACC and which ones not to tap.

Anyone successfully locate a fuse box? I read elsewhere here that there is one somewhere in the box behind the mirror, and one in trunk (rear), but not sure where to look. Also would be great to have the fuses mapped so we know which ones are ACC and which ones not to tap.
One is in the trunk on the right side, where the 12v battery is under the cigarette lighter port. Another is in the frunk underneath the plastic panel (and another panel underneath that). There may be another one but I’m not sure.

Back