• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Issues with seat moving and Hold setting

eric

Cars
Grand touring
10k miles. Multiple prior problems. Two new issues this weekend.
Yesterday, the passenger seat spontaneously started to fold the passenger in half. The pilot panel was unresponsive. I had to stop the car and use the buttons on the side of the seat to unfold the passenger. Thankfully, I was on a side road and not the highway.
Today, the car decided to accelerate on its own. Both from a stopped position and while moving. If I didn't step on the brake, this would occur. It started while backing out of my garage. When I took my foot off the brake the car would speed up, even on a mild incline. To be clear: the car went faster as noted on the speedometer and perception with no pedal being touched. Thankfully the brake worked! My car is unsafe.

Thankfully the brake worked! My car is unsafe.
Please adjust 2 settings to:

1) Regen: HIGH
2) Vehicle HOLD

I like the settings above because it's intuitive. If all my feet are off in the air, the car stops. The car only goes if the accelerator is pressed. If nothing is pressed then nothing goes. Great way to avoid pedal misapplication resulting in unintended acceleration.

10k miles. Multiple prior problems. Two new issues this weekend.
Yesterday, the passenger seat spontaneously started to fold the passenger in half. The pilot panel was unresponsive. I had to stop the car and use the buttons on the side of the seat to unfold the passenger. Thankfully, I was on a side road and not the highway.
Today, the car decided to accelerate on its own. Both from a stopped position and while moving. If I didn't step on the brake, this would occur. It started while backing out of my garage. When I took my foot off the brake the car would speed up, even on a mild incline. To be clear: the car went faster as noted on the speedometer and perception with no pedal being touched. Thankfully the brake worked! My car is unsafe.
I have mine set with High regen and Hold as well. Occasionally an update or something else will cause the settings to disappear, and suddenly the car is rolling when you don't expect it to. If it's something that happened suddenly, go into Settings and make sure everything is as you expect it to be. If everything is correct, then I would definitely call Service.

Back