iOS 16 - CarPlay

Hmmm, I think there may have been one occasion…(or maybe two at most?) that I’ve been more than a little snarky on here. Oopsie.

Hmmm, I think there may have been one occasion…(or maybe two at most?) that I’ve been more than a little snarky on here. Oopsie.
Here’s to a more civil 2023 for all of us! Believe me the stress of last minute end of year delivery was driving me crazy. Now just need the rain to stop so I can take a lengthy decompression drive in my Lucid! 😀

Well, I would certainly question what a post like that adds to the conversation, at least.

The reason negative posts seem to get more pushback is that negative posts are often cries for help, and people can’t help you when you aren’t being specific enough about what’s causing the issue. Or they are just ranting into the atmosphere, which is a great way to vent your personal frustrations, but they don’t make coming here very appealing to the rest of us.

We are a community. We need to be conscious of what the community wants above all. So while some folks like to accuse us of “policing” their speech, what they are failing to see is the vast majority of our members practically begging us to take a much MORE active roll in shutting down the more unproductive negativity.

If we were collectively all in a room together, this would probably be far easier to see. I sure know I can feel when I’m getting the stink eye in a room full of people a lot easier than when I’m sitting on my couch typing away.

But such is the nature of the internet, where social interactions are much less natural. So we try to be fair and strike a balance.

Hope that helps.
“they are just ranting into the atmosphere, which is a great way to vent your personal frustrations, but they don’t make coming here very appealing to the rest of us.”

This is exactly what turns me off about negative comments. I follow this forum because I love this car and I like to hear other people’s comments and suggestions about how to use/drive the car and make it better. It is a real turnoff when people denigrate lucid or the people who run the company.

“they are just ranting into the atmosphere, which is a great way to vent your personal frustrations, but they don’t make coming here very appealing to the rest of us.”

This is exactly what turns me off about negative comments. I follow this forum because I love this car and I like to hear other people’s comments and suggestions about how to use/drive the car and make it better. It is a real turnoff when people denigrate lucid or the people who run the company.
Thanks for mentioning that. Every Lucid employee I’ve encountered seems to care about doing a good job and is truly enthusiastic about the vehicle, not just being a “representative”. These people work VERY hard, including the DAs many complain about regarding communication, and while I 100% acknowledge there have been some failures with quality and service along the way, I think they’re worth giving the benefit of the doubt.

I am very confident in saying that we will 100% get CarPlay by the end of this year.
Such a teaser!
I think we'll have it in the next week. If I'm wrong, would you give me $100?

Today is January 1st, not April 1st!
Off-topic: Look up the history behind "April Fools" day, previously known as "April Fish" day. Strongly related to January 1.

I’m not going to make any bets on release dates. But it does make sense to me that there have been no updates for the past few weeks. First, it’s the holidays, and you don’t want to release anything when some or all of the team is going to be out of the office.

Second, they were pushing hard to deliver cars up until the very last minute on Saturday. Adding a software update into the mix (all those cars are supposed to be delivered with the “latest” version) would have added unnecessary hours to an already very tight timeframe.

My guess is we’ll see a return to the regular update schedule by the end of this week. What will be included in the first update is anyone’s guess.

I’m not going to make any bets on release dates. But it does make sense to me that there have been no updates for the past few weeks. First, it’s the holidays, and you don’t want to release anything when some or all of the team is going to be out of the office.

Second, they were pushing hard to deliver cars up until the very last minute on Saturday. Adding a software update into the mix (all those cars are supposed to be delivered with the “latest” version) would have added unnecessary hours to an already very tight timeframe.

My guess is we’ll see a return to the regular update schedule by the end of this week. What will be included in the first update is anyone’s guess.
100% agree with @joec. From my experience, Lucid did have all hands on deck to facilitate the EOY deliveries. When I went to the studio to pick up my car last week, one of the guys helping with deliveries said he was detailed from HQ in California and is part of the software development team, not an SA. I can't imagine what kind of response there would be if updates rolled out and there were issues while the software guys were out working at the studios or getting time off for the holidays.

The week is half-way over.... still the same prediction?
My car is still at the detailers getting ceramic, so I'm fine if it comes out next week.

The week is half-way over.... still the same prediction?
Well, if I'm wrong, I'll look forward to you sending me the $100 😆

Back