iOS 16 - CarPlay

and if you're correct...?
Then you and thousands of others have AirPlay et al! (I didn't say anything about a payout if I'm right, I'm no fool)
But if no new big release pops out tomorrow, I have my doubts they'll release on a Friday ...

I don't expect anything this week. Most companies operate on skeleton staff the first 1 to 2 weeks of January so unless something critical needs to be addressed in the software like a security flaw I wouldn't expect to see anything this week or next week. Deployments i've managed in the past we go on a code \ infra lock from December 15th to January 15th .

I don't expect anything this week. Most companies operate on skeleton staff the first 1 to 2 weeks of January so unless something critical needs to be addressed in the software like a security flaw I wouldn't expect to see anything this week or next week. Deployments i've managed in the past we go on a code \ infra lock from December 15th to January 15th .
I've always done the same, with the variation that "heavy" or large deployments are off the table during that period, but lightweight deployments may be considered based on urgency. I wouldn't completely shut down for what amounts to a month, but base the work and support activity on the number of people who can support it. So I agree, a major deployment isn't likely this (short) week, but I might be surprised if there are no update pushes next week. It is all about risk management, right? That's why I asked Bobby for $100 if I was wrong 😆

I've always done the same, with the variation that "heavy" or large deployments are off the table during that period, but lightweight deployments may be considered based on urgency. I wouldn't completely shut down for what amounts to a month, but base the work and support activity on the number of people who can support it. So I agree, a major deployment isn't likely this (short) week, but I might be surprised if there are no update pushes next week. It is all about risk management, right? That's why I asked Bobby for $100 if I was wrong 😆
OK, a wager: if CarPlay is released by the end of next week, we owe each other a beer. If not, we owe each other two beers. But you have to come to San Diego to collect. It's too damn cold in San Jose.

OK, a wager: if CarPlay is released by the end of next week, we owe each other a beer. If not, we owe each other two beers. But you have to come to San Diego to collect. It's too damn cold in San Jose.
I'll have to schedule that trip after my Touring arrives and I shake out any infant problems. Too far to drive to San Diego in this weather on my motorcycle even with rain gear and heated vest. And exchanging virtual beers just isn't the same as real ones. Let's set up a pool, you can create the app. I'll take the 16th of this month. You can claim the 1st through 4th!

It's too damn cold in San Jose.
IMG_1365.jpeg
IMG_1366.jpeg

Gotta love Californians.

Jealousy will get you nowhere! But actually in my area there's a warm front hitting us, to be followed by (supposedly) record breaking rain, flooding, downed trees, power outages, loss of human life, to quote the weather folk. I lived in Monument CO for 4 years, 7,500' elevation, 10' average annual snowfall, with a 300' driveway. And lived in Ontario Canada for years as well. By the way, I see that "24 degrees, but actual 32 degrees" thing there, so no whining. I like to cross-country ski when the temp is in the low teens. But we digress!

Well, if I'm wrong, I'll look forward to you sending me the $100 😆
I thought that I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.... 😇 🤣

Jealousy will get you nowhere! But actually in my area there's a warm front hitting us, to be followed by (supposedly) record breaking rain, flooding, downed trees, power outages, loss of human life, to quote the weather folk. I lived in Monument CO for 4 years, 7,500' elevation, 10' average annual snowfall, with a 300' driveway. And lived in Ontario Canada for years as well. By the way, I see that "24 degrees, but actual 32 degrees" thing there, so no whining. I like to cross-country ski when the temp is in the low teens. But we digress!
Oh heck, it positively balmy today here. Compared to late December, when it was -25. I leave my coat at home on days like today.

But I'm adamant that "feels like" temperature is the one that matters. I couldn't care less what the actual temperature is. I don't work for NOAA.

Been reading up on that storm coming. "Atmospheric River" is one of those terms that make you convinced the weather folk are just making $h!t up at this point.

I suspect this is going to be the case with many automakers making the new CarPlay "DOA".

I wouldn't say DOA. They are still going to implement the new CarPlay. Just not on every screen. I imagine the customizability will still be available on those screens that display CarPlay.

The beauty of the new CarPlay is that it's infinitely customizable to suit the needs of the driver and manufacturer. BMW and others can limit the spots where display can happen. They can choose not to integrate certain instruments, etc. But ultimately, they will still be using the new system. They won't have a choice. The system runs on the phone, not the car.

And in the end, customers will decide whether the manufacturer's limitations are okay with them.

I wouldn't say DOA. They are still going to implement the new CarPlay. Just not on every screen. I imagine the customizability will still be available on those screens that display CarPlay.

The beauty of the new CarPlay is that it's infinitely customizable to suit the needs of the driver and manufacturer. BMW and others can limit the spots where display can happen. They can choose not to integrate certain instruments, etc. But ultimately, they will still be using the new system. They won't have a choice. The system runs on the phone, not the car.

And in the end, customers will decide whether the manufacturer's limitations are okay with them.
I think what Apple wants vs what Apple will get with this new version are 2 different things. I agree, the benefit will be in the customization but if you're all in on the new CarPlay then why would you bother having an internal software development team as it's basically 2 OS's competing with each other.

I think what Apple wants vs what Apple will get with this new version are 2 different things. I agree, the benefit will be in the customization but if you're all in on the new CarPlay then why would you bother having an internal software development team as it's basically 2 OS's competing with each other.
Because of people like me. Never want CarPlay as my car OS, ever.

In Lucid-speak, it will be here "SOON".

Now, is "SOON" defined in reasonable, human terms or geological terms?

It gets here when it gets here, obviously not "hopefully by year-end" as stated by high level Lucid personnel, but maybe next week, maybe next month, maybe next year, maybe never. Well, maybe not "never", but, hopefully, SOON.;);)

In Lucid-speak, it will be here "SOON".

Now, is "SOON" defined in reasonable, human terms or geological terms?

It gets here when it gets here, obviously not "hopefully by year-end" as stated by high level Lucid personnel, but maybe next week, maybe next month, maybe next year, maybe never. Well, maybe not "never", but, hopefully, SOON.;);)
Well, they didn't say 2022 year end...so..that's open to interpretation right?🤷‍♂️

Back