iOS 16 - CarPlay

Does that mean we should stop talking about CarPlay or Android whatever until December 2023, or 2024, maybe the end of the decade? Wait, when is the Chinese/Lunar New Year? Maybe he meant that, or Rosh Hashanah or Nowruz or Pahela Baishakh or Diwali? Those are the various "New Year" celebrations that google spit back at me.

I am not a CarPlay guy so-to-speak as my previous daily driver did not have it, but I am someone who expects people to do what they say or reset expectations when they don't, for whatever reason.

Does that mean we should stop talking about CarPlay or Android whatever until December 2023, or 2024, maybe the end of the decade? Wait, when is the Chinese/Lunar New Year? Maybe he meant that, or Rosh Hashanah or Nowruz or Pahela Baishakh or Diwali? Those are the various "New Year" celebrations that google spit back at me.

I am not a CarPlay guy so-to-speak as my previous daily driver did not have it, but I am someone who expects people to do what they say or reset expectations when they don't, for whatever reason.
Same, my last post was just a little tongue in cheek. I'm mad at the CarPlay guys because Android Auto is being held back for these dudes!

Also a joke 😁

Same, my last post was just a little tongue in cheek. I'm mad at the CarPlay guys because Android Auto is being held back for these dudes!

Also a joke 😁
Yea, I know. I just like to needle you and @borski at times, lighten the conversation a bit, while still addressing the elephant in the room.;):cool:

While we are waiting... Google HD maps are rolling out in Polestar and Volvo https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/5/23540392/google-maps-hd-volvo-ex90-polestar-3-ces
I don’t know what Google HD Map is all about, I v cannot find samples. However, Google 3D Map on Polestar 2 instrument cluster is very refined.
E25040DE-3D7D-48B8-9B0C-95E0E7B21D13.jpeg

Attachments

• B9B3E144-EF02-4707-9D19-97ADCD7543CB.jpeg
    B9B3E144-EF02-4707-9D19-97ADCD7543CB.jpeg
    600.2 KB · Views: 72
It's intriguing to see apple's plans to fully integrate carplay into a car's control system. While it's disappointing that Lucid wasn't listed as a partner, the advantage of supporting various screen sizes could benefit them.
Looking forward to the release, even if it's expected to be later next year as mentioned.

Back