FEATURE Introducing RangeXChange V2V charging for Lucid

I received an email from Emmanuel - Lucid Customer Care: "Next avaliable batch of the RangeXchange will be in June" 😬

Last years update was March and now June, hope its June this year 😅

No blessings for Range X Change yet, it seems Lucid mean June 2025 :D

Support told me they would be back in March. They’re already 3 months past that. Looks like they released it for the press but low priority to support it
Already used it twice!

True, but what I said still holds true
I mean that’s great that you got one when it was launched, but doesn’t help anyone who’s been waiting for a refresh of stock in the last 6 months (which is what the discussion is about)

They only released one batch. Never produced it again
Yes, they sold our the first run quickly. I ordered Nov 20 and received Dec 9. I asked at the opening of the Atlanta service center. More are on the way. It will return to the store. No date was provided.

Yes, they sold our the first run quickly. I ordered Nov 20 and received Dec 9. I asked at the opening of the Atlanta service center. More are on the way. It will return to the store. No date was provided.
They dont have any yet, all we get is back stock so and so month and again and again same story since last December 🙁

I have one butI used it only to test it. I really did not find the need to use it because my other EV also has EA charging till the end of next year and it has 300 mile range. (reallworld highway 260 miles at 70mph local 330 miles). My use case perhaps will be to help a stranded EV owner or use my other EV for 120V appliances/device at 3.6kW in emergency or camp with 2 cars and take Lucid to a charger after charging the other. Rare use.

The Range Xchange cable is worth the wait. I used it to rescue my wife’s XC40 EV with a bad charging curve and bad range.

Since then we have traded the XC40 EV for a Volvo V60 Polestar Plug In Hybrid wagon. The reality for non-Tesla drivers who take spontaneous road trips like we do is that you need the range of a Lucid if you want reduced delays and stress from an overburdened underserviced CCS network. I’ve proven that point with a Polestar 2 in California and a Kia EV6 in Colorado (it got great efficiency but still took 90 minutes to go from 10% to 76% at 32F outside, Kia preconditioning is BS). I tried to talk her into getting a Lucid Pure which is the same price as the V60 PHEV but she wanted a wagon and the backup plan of plug in hybrid, so it’s a good compromise…and the ONLY plug in hybrid wagon in the US!

Back