Insurance Megathread

Interesting to me how many of us in this forum have chosen to have an umbrella policy. Ask a random assortment of licensed drivers if they have an umbrella policy and they will say sure: when the weather forecast is for rain i bring an umbrella.

Interesting to me how many of us in this forum have chosen to have an umbrella policy. Ask a random assortment of licensed drivers if they have an umbrella policy and they will say sure: when the weather forecast is for rain i bring an umbrella.
The difference is the net worth of individuals who can afford this car. The members here are not representative of a normal slice of society.

I tried progressive online for home and auto without adding Lucid and no umbrella insurance. That came to $3300 vs $3200 with Umbrella insurance
at Travellers plus 1780 extra if I add GT. So, in the zip code 94539 Fremont, CA, progressive is very expensive.
I also found Progressive very expensive and that was with the Costco discount. I stayed with USAA. They were the best of all that I checked and that surprised me.

Okay you all have me thoroughly confused on insurance now. I live in Michigan and here companies quote auto insurance for six months, it renews every six months NOT a year. All conversations I have seen here give their insurance premiums per year is that really what you mean? My company quoted me $1800 for six months just for the Lucid Air, that is if they decide to insure it at all. I see others in this forum tell of their cost for one year. What gives?

I was messing with quotes on Lucid air for insurance cause friend told me their GT costs 2250$ per 6 month premium. Our Plaid costs 600$ for 6 months. I really couldn’t quite understand how their insurance premium was so much higher. It’s more than 3x mine so just wanted to check with general crowd.

I haven’t received my Air yet but Geico is quoting me at $1100/6mo if I add it to my policy which has 2 existing cars on it, which is a $600/6mo increase.

USAA is $1360/yr (with multi-policy/car discounts in NH). After being hit, sustaining substantial damage to the rear passenger door and bumper, and seeing the initial repair estimate, I am just hoping my rates don't skyrocket. Two months and counting on repairs, but there is hope I will get it within the next couple weeks. Finding a qualified adjustor and waiting on parts for a new car proved to be some of the hiccups in the process.

State Farm, who I’d been with for 40 years and never had a claim other than glass, wanted $1300 per six months. I went with Progressive at $809 per six months. $1000 deductibles and $0 glass.

I was messing with quotes on Lucid air for insurance cause friend told me their GT costs 2250$ per 6 month premium. Our Plaid costs 600$ for 6 months. I really couldn’t quite understand how their insurance premium was so much higher. It’s more than 3x mine so just wanted to check with general crowd.
My AGT is $109 per month. That is with a multi car and home discount.

State Farm, who I’d been with for 40 years and never had a claim other than glass, wanted $1300 per six months. I went with Progressive at $809 per six months. $1000 deductibles and $0 glass.
State Farm charges me $109 per month

I just insured my AGT with absolutely full coverage including multi million dollar liability coverage, through Chubb for an annual (12 month) price of $2004.

Okay you all have me thoroughly confused on insurance now. I live in Michigan and here companies quote auto insurance for six months, it renews every six months NOT a year. All conversations I have seen here give their insurance premiums per year is that really what you mean? My company quoted me $1800 for six months just for the Lucid Air, that is if they decide to insure it at all. I see others in this forum tell of their cost for one year. What gives?
It varies; PURE charges me annually, but GEICO used to charge me every six months. That's why most people post their costs annually, since it's easier to compare apples to apples.

The insurance conversations are always so confusing because there are *so* many variables: driving history, location, insurer, limits, deductibles, collision only or also comprehensive, whether glass coverage is offered or not, whether gap coverage is offered or not, etc. It is so individualized it is extremely hard to compare except on an individual basis.

You simply have to be careful getting quotes because some companies like to tell you a six-month quote, but my insurance company, Chubb gives me an annual premium, and I can divide it up and pay it. Anyway, I want, I choose to pay it in six month intervals, and each payment is $1002, making the annual amount $2004 for very very full coverage

Reactions: RAK
3871ED2C-C100-4665-986A-9F94C1CD398D.jpeg

Back