• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Insurance Megathread

Interesting. Travelers didn’t recognize my VIN and the Lucid in general.

Essurance gave me the best rate. Roughly $200/mo. in Philly which actually isn’t that bad.

Wow what the heck for 12 months. Travelers quoted me $1600+ for 6 months and I have the cheaper Pure too
$1600/6mo is $3200/yr, only $400 less... the insurance difference between Pure & GT is not really all that great, and mostly things that insurance would never see a claim on: software, integrated stereo, etc... the larger battery is the primary difference: fire, major accident which likely leads to the car being totaled, theft, perhaps the glass roof (but perhaps the metal one would be even more expensive to fix, not that clear to me), etc.

I received my GT VIN on Monday and got a fairly reasonable quote from Statefarm ~$1400 per year in AZ. Since everyone's coverage varies it is difficult to compare. Lucid was not in Statefarm's main system but they could still access the rates on another system.

Your quote from State Farm is excellent. I've checked around with Traveler's, USAA & State Farm & SF was almost $2k cheaper than USAA (where I've been insured for 30 years with a decent record).

Just got quoted $562 for 6 months with Progressive. $50 glass deductible.

Your quote from State Farm is excellent. I've checked around with Traveler's, USAA & State Farm & SF was almost $2k cheaper than USAA (where I've been insured for 30 years with a decent record).
Note that I believe unlike many insurance companies, State Farm is "mutualized" (I believe that roughly translates into "owned by the policy holders"), and thus has incentive to keep prices low (while still running a successful business).

I am currently waiting on my GT's return after (20 days into ownership) being tail ended by a Ford F650 (26,000 gvwt, likely 15-20K at the time of the strike... just a light "tap" at a stop light)... repair bill: $27,4009sh (plus whatever more they find, not expecting any as I believe they were very efficient in looking). This is of interest as SF has paid the bill (with still about a month to go)... They told me that this was the "first Lucid Air" claim for them, and it took a path of a week and 4 adjustors to get to the "special products" group which handle high end new vehicles.... but, as I said, they paid. Now, yes, they will be going against the other driver (who admitted to the police their causing the accident), but I'm expecting a "like new" repair (and believe the shop... as I should at that price).

So yes, I'm impressed by SF (30 years of car & house)... and I don't know how they will be adjusting rates given that they now have experience (if they do... don't blame me, speak with the driver that that Ford F650 landscaping company truck that had a load of bricks).

I got the call yesterday with my VIN number for my GT. Made some calls for insurance quotes today and got nowhere. They never heard of Lucid! For those of you who already received delivery, where did you go for insurance?
Geico insured me...it ain't inexpensive

I got the call yesterday with my VIN number for my GT. Made some calls for insurance quotes today and got nowhere. They never heard of Lucid! For those of you who already received delivery, where did you go for insurance?
Chubb

Wow thats super cheap. Are you like the only resident and car in your area?
I was pleasantly surprised as well. I do have 2 other cars on my policy currently and so the Lucid would be the 3rd, but I don't know how much of a difference that makes.

I was pleasantly surprised as well. I do have 2 other cars on my policy currently and so the Lucid would be the 3rd, but I don't know how much of a difference that makes.
Hmmmm I suppose it depends how much you plan to drive it. Multi car discount lowers it a bit but wow thats the cheapest I've seen it

Here's mine through Travelers:
Glass deductible is $50.

View attachment 7836
Mine is also with travelers. BTW, the new car replacement is not really a new car. They will shop around for you for a car with the equivalent specs or condition. We are better off taking the cash and shopping on our own. For example, if my car is totaled, I may take cash from Travelers and buy a used GT or something else. My total premium for Lucid is $1751 per yr with $250 deductible for coll and comp. I did not bother with roadside assistance. We have it through Lucid initially and I have 200 miles with AAA premium which includes trip interruption and even international medical evacuation.

Mine is also with travelers. BTW, the new car replacement is not really a new car. They will shop around for you for a car with the equivalent specs or condition. We are better off taking the cash and shopping on our own. For example, if my car is totaled, I may take cash from Travelers and buy a used GT or something else. My total premium for Lucid is $1751 per yr with $250 deductible for coll and comp. I did not bother with roadside assistance. We have it through Lucid initially and I have 200 miles with AAA premium which includes trip interruption and even international medical evacuation.
If you have “agreed value” insurance, that’s usually great because the agreed value is actually realistic. My agreed value is $191k due to the improvements too (DE, ppf, radar/laser) but in a total loss they’d pay out the agreed value rather than shipping for something of whatever value it happens to be depreciated to.

It’s adjusted once a year, iirc.

This is with PURE.

We used to have Travellers, but they more than doubled our homeowner insurance (after doubling the year before) and had to switch to farmers a year ago. My auto policies increased but my home insurance decrease more than made up for that. So I don’t know what quote I would have had with them, but my Farmers quote was $2200 (for 12 months) when I got my Lucid in July.

If you have “agreed value” insurance, that’s usually great because the agreed value is actually realistic. My agreed value is $191k due to the improvements too (DE, ppf, radar/laser) but in a total loss they’d pay out the agreed value rather than shipping for something of whatever value it happens to be depreciated to.

It’s adjusted once a year, iirc.

This is with PURE.
Adjusted once a year agreed value basically takes into consideration the depreciation and current market value. Right?

A few people have posted about their positive experience with "Pure" as an insurance provider. I recently reached out to them, interested in moving over from State Farm, and discovered that they do not off insurance for vehicles unless you have and qualify for at least $1M in replacement value coverage for your home through them. I'm not going to lie, their response after my request was extremely elitist as my property value is only worth a measly $700k. For those of you who have their policies, do you have both and are they really that good?

Stick with State Farm, they can connect the liability coverage to your liablity umbrella, which will likely save you money on your auto rates.

Stick with State Farm, they can connect the liability coverage to your liablity umbrella, which will likely save you money on your auto rates.
For the most part, State Farm has been fairly hassle free on my end. Living in Orlando, FL though, the rates have recently increased and I'm not quite so confident that I'm not over paying:

$1,087.61 / 6 mos Is my general costs atm

Back