Insurance Megathread

Any insurance recommendation in Houston TX I have current insurance with Fidelity. Will get a quote soon.

I was pleasantly surprised with Costo- 250/500/100 for insured, 250/500 uninsured with $1000 deductible at $966 for 6 mos. They would also pick up coverage of my second car for notably less that what I have with Kemper currently. Solid rate. I'm in TX.

View attachment 4647
This a great will check with Costco Insurance

I got the call yesterday with my VIN number for my GT. Made some calls for insurance quotes today and got nowhere. They never heard of Lucid! For those of you who already received delivery, where did you go for insurance?
Same issue here. Took AAA 3 days to get back to me, finally able to insure.

I am shopping for insurance for Lucid plus 2 other cars, home and umbrella insurance.
The quote I received using a VIN number of GT was 1780 per year with Travellers
250/500 Comprehensive $500 deductible Collision $1000 deductible Glass only $50 deductible.
The car I am waiting for is fully loaded Pure AWD. Once I get VIN I can get a quote but does this
seem reasonable compared to others?

I am shopping for insurance for Lucid plus 2 other cars, home and umbrella insurance.
250/500 Comprehensive $500 deductible Collision $1000 deductible Glass only $50 deductible.
The car I am waiting for is fully loaded Pure AWD. Once I get VIN I can get a quote but does this
Suggest trying Progressive online. I found this excellent and the best value.

This depends hugely on your location (adjacent zip codes can vary quite a bit), driving record, age, teen drivers, etc. It's virtually impossible to answer this question in any meaningful way without posting uncomfortably private information on a public forum.

Your best bet is just to get quotes from everyone and compare for yourself.

I tried progressive online for home and auto without adding Lucid and no umbrella insurance. That came to $3300 vs $3200 with Umbrella insurance
at Travellers plus 1780 extra if I add GT. So, in the zip code 94539 Fremont, CA, progressive is very expensive.

I just paid my premium for the next 12 months and it was $1762. Here in Maine my deductibles were Coll-$500, NC-$250, Glass $0. Policy covers 2 cars and home.

Considering what a lot of others have gotten in the Bay Area, that seems quite reasonable.

I just paid my premium for the next 12 months and it was $1762. Here in Maine my deductibles were Coll-$500, NC-$250, Glass $0. Policy covers 2 cars and home.
Which company? Also Umbrella insurance?

I tried progressive online for home and auto without adding Lucid and no umbrella insurance. That came to $3300 vs $3200 with Umbrella insurance
at Travellers plus 1780 extra if I add GT. So, in the zip code 94539 Fremont, CA, progressive is very expensive.

Extra $100 for an umbrella...that is cheap.

I have Allstate
The GT-Performance is the 4th vehicle on the policy, similar coverage to other folks, $600 deductible, $0 for glass
Also have our condo and an umbrella with them
The Lucid was only $1080 for 12 months
For reference the NSX is over $2700

I have Allstate
The GT-Performance is the 4th vehicle on the policy, similar coverage to other folks, $600 deductible, $0 for glass
Also have our condo and an umbrella with them
The Lucid was only $1080 for 12 months
For reference the NSX is over $2700
Thank you. I will check allstate.

I have costco/connect home and auto. They wouldnt insure my agt due to the high lucid price. So they sent me to their underrighters that also refused. So, I went with progressive. Its 2x$475 for 12 months and includes all categories of coverage and also highest coverage in all of those categories but with $2500 deductable except from glass where i did $0 deductable. I have no tickes, no claims, home owner, all everything else in favorable state. Note that progressive only insures lucid agt up to $150000 so thats what i did. The few extra $1000s agt cost above that progressive didnt insure iam ok with. They didnt have new car replacment. To move my costco home and auto (two cars) to progressive wouldnt have lowered my total insurance cost, so i stay with both companies. Im in WA.

I have costco/connect home and auto. They wouldnt insure my agt due to the high lucid price. So they sent me to their underrighters that also refused. So, I went with progressive. Its 2x$475 for 12 months and includes all categories of coverage and also highest coverage in all of those categories but with $2500 deductable except from glass where i did $0 deductable. I have no tickes, no claims, home owner, all everything else in favorable state. Note that progressive only insures lucid agt up to $150000 so thats what i did. The few extra $1000s agt cost above that progressive didnt insure iam ok with. They didnt have new car replacment. To move my costco home and auto (two cars) to progressive wouldnt have lowered my total insurance cost, so i stay with both companies. Im in WA.
I was with Costco ameriprise with 2 cars and home insurance for about 10 years 2002 to 2012 and had 1 accident and the 98 ls400 was worth 10k according to them. Then they increased premium by 60 %. I switched to aarp Hartford and added umbrella insurance 5M. The premium increase was 30% vs 60% Costco. However Hartford will not insure ev and they will not allow my 2 cars home and auto with Hartford if I go to someone else for ev. I am forced to shop around.

I was with Costco ameriprise with 2 cars and home insurance for about 10 years 2002 to 2012 and had 1 accident and the 98 ls400 was worth 10k according to them. Then they increased premium by 60 %. I switched to aarp Hartford and added umbrella insurance 5M. The premium increase was 30% vs 60% Costco. However Hartford will not insure ev and they will not allow my 2 cars home and auto with Hartford if I go to someone else for ev. I am forced to shop around.
Ive been with costco insurance home and auto since 2010 and when they used ameriprise too. Good i havent had an accident. Progressive has a good web site thatll give you the rates once youve entered all info.

If you’re in the Bay Area, get a quote from Geico. I did some comparisons a while back and they had the cheapest rates for me.

Back