Info on Android Auto?

histal

Cars
grand touring
Lucid mentioned on their website that the Air is compatible with Android Auto. I wonder if this can be implemented sooner than Apple Carplay because it is easier to install it onto their software? Does anyone have any information about this? I know that Tidal is available for Android, so us Android users would have a great choice for music if that comes to fruition.

Lucid mentioned on their website that the Air is compatible with Android Auto. I wonder if this can be implemented sooner than Apple Carplay because it is easier to install it onto their software? Does anyone have any information about this? I know that Tidal is available for Android, so us Android users would have a great choice for music if that comes to fruition.
In a recent interview with Rawlinson at SXSW, he seemed to imply CarPlay is further along than Android Auto. But both are definitely planned for a future release.

Android Auto also just went through a major change to support different types of form factor display + dual screen: https://www.gsmarena.com/google_det...r_splitscreen_is_the_new_norm_-news-54299.php

The optimist in me is hoping that's why there's a small bit of delay, and any "hacking around" that the Lucid engineers were trying to do in order to make AA work with their dual screen setup turned out to be pointless because now there's native support for it.

Back