Getting Android Auto into the Lucid

Longtime lurker and Pure owner here. Having the exact same issue as @AtlTiger78 unfortunately. I bought the linked AI box, followed the instructions, but my screen didn't auto resize either. I have no top right corner of my screen so it's impossible to exit an app or go back in a menu. Does anyone know where in the settings I can change the screen resolution?

Here's Netflix running off of the AI box but with no upper right corner, I can't navigate through the app.

PXL_20240313_125729656.jpg

Longtime lurker and Pure owner here. Having the exact same issue as @AtlTiger78 unfortunately. I bought the linked AI box, followed the instructions, but my screen didn't auto resize either. I have no top right corner of my screen so it's impossible to exit an app or go back in a menu. Does anyone know where in the settings I can change the screen resolution?

Here's Netflix running off of the AI box but with no upper right corner, I can't navigate through the app.

View attachment 19211
Hi, I found this.

Once you get into developer options there is a "cutout" option that I kept switching until I got most of the screen in to hit the back button etc. Not perfect but gets you mostly there.

Thanks for this. Great to have bookmarked for those who can't stand being without AA.

Hi, I found this.

Once you get into developer options there is a "cutout" option that I kept switching until I got most of the screen in to hit the back button etc. Not perfect but gets you mostly there.
After browsing all the options, if the factory reset didn't get your screen right, this seems like the only way.

Hi, I found this.

Thanks! It seems like the best option for me was the "Punch Hole" cutout because I can at least navigate back on menus now. Definitely not optimal. If anyone figures out a better solution, please share!

What I find funny is that the Lucid Media system is run on Android and they only support Apple CarPlay. You would think it would be easier to integrate Android Auto and not force us to look for 3rd party solutions to give us what we should have had from the start.

It's not.

I'm currently using the Carlinkit 4.0 which is $67 on Amazon. Same size issue as some are experiencing here, but connects to AA quickly once you touch the Carplay icon on the screen. Not as much video functionality as the one being used here.

CarlinKit 4.0 CarPlay Wireless Adapter,Android Auto Wireless Dongle for OEM Wired CarPlay Cars,2023 OTA Upgrade-2 in 1,5Ghz WiFi Seamless Auto-Connect,Two Line, CPC200-CP2A for iPhone 6+/Android 11+ https://a.co/d/do5fDEX

I'm currently using the Carlinkit 4.0 which is $67 on Amazon. Same size issue as some are experiencing here, but connects to AA quickly once you touch the Carplay icon on the screen. Not as much video functionality as the one being used here.

CarlinKit 4.0 CarPlay Wireless Adapter,Android Auto Wireless Dongle for OEM Wired CarPlay Cars,2023 OTA Upgrade-2 in 1,5Ghz WiFi Seamless Auto-Connect,Two Line, CPC200-CP2A for iPhone 6+/Android 11+ https://a.co/d/do5fDEX
Just fiddled with the video resolution settings on the app I downloaded from the carlinkit site and it has improved the image sizing on my screen.

Yea, it connects, but the screen sizing issue will always be present. The AI boxes fix that issue

The reference was to "You would think it would be easier to integrate Android Auto and not force us to look for 3rd party solutions to give us what we should have had from the start."

aka "It's not easier to integrate Android Auto just because the car runs Android Automotive"

Yea, it connects, but the screen sizing issue will always be present. The AI boxes fix that issue
Looks pretty good though for 1/3 the cost.

Attachments

• 20240319_071707.jpg
    20240319_071707.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 325
@hydbob Thank you. This post was key to getting AA into my Lucid Air. I bought this one (not an affiliate link)

CarlinKit Android AI Box Adapter-2023 New with Android 13.0/Netflix/YouTube/Wireless CarPlay&Android Auto/GPS/4G,Magic Streaming Box for Wired CarPlay and Touchsreen Car,8+128GB with SIM/TF Card.

due to it having Android 13, 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.

1TB FAT32 Card Supported, Musicolet remembers the scanned file for quick startup:
I was able to use a 1TB MicroSDXC formatted using FAT32 loaded with HiRes (FLAC, ALAC, DSD0 music with the key finding a media player (Musicolet) that caches (stores) the scanned content so there isn't a repetitive scan of the card each time the car starts; Onkyo didn't store the scan, Fiio didn't play content at all, PlexAMP didn't have the ability to use a local filesystem.
1711037840997.png

Integration With Valentine 1 Radar Detector:
I loaded JBV1 which connects with Valentine 1's Bluetooth LE dongle and presents radar warnings and maps on the dash.
1711037904164.png

SiriusXM:
I loaded the app from Google Play and logged in to my existing subscription negating the need to license the internal radio for SiriusXM; they both use the internet and I feel the UI is better in the Google App Version - it has all the settings I configured for it on my phone making it very easy/familiar to use. My only concern would be consuming the 2GB of monthly data provisioned to the sim; I doubt it'll approach that volume of data consumption each month for compressed music.

Phone Integration:
Despite having a T-Mobile sim donated from my iPad, the built in phone app and Google Voice did not work. The bluetooth phone app that came with the CarLinKit works fine though. I suspect having T-Mobile provision the sim as a phone would solve this issue, however, I don't need a distinct phone number for the CarLinKit, just a viable phone option.

Next Apps:
I'll be installing all the EV Charging apps. I will not install the Lucid App as I do not want a digital key permanently residing in the car. Please do reply with any apps installed you've found useful.

Attachments

• 1711037811541.png
    1711037811541.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 90
Only issue I'm facing is the play/pause button on the steering wheel not working when I'm playing audio on the device (spotify).

Anyone else facing the same issue?

Back