Getting Android Auto into the Lucid

PS: Carlinkit advertises Android 12. The current Android operating system is Android 14.
True, I think the newer boxes have a newer version. As long as you get an AI box it should work.

I fully agree with Halodde's post. I definitely value the pet safety feature (we have a dog who loves our Lucid), that was not part of the promise when I bought the car. I was promised Android Auto. It should not have to be a work-around with a third-party device. I've owned my Lucid Air Touring for 13 months and still no AA. It doesn't matter that only about 25 percent of owners use Android. A promise is a promise. I know we've been through this a score of times on the forum and I apologize for the redundancy.

You’re not wrong, but I’d like for us to stop mentioning it on this thread. Everyone here is aware of how everyone else feels about AA.

For now, use the workaround or don’t, but let’s keep this related to that.

I can't help it.... I still smile every time I cancel my blinker!!!😹

How would it act as car hotspot? I am interested in that particular feature

How would it act as car hotspot? I am interested in that particular feature
You'd have to get a SIM card and stick it in there and then can connect to it as a hot spot with the car.

You'd have to get a SIM card and stick it in there and then can connect to it as a hot spot with the car.
Yep - I have the hotspot sim car that I can just pop it in. However, I also have CP. So, not sure it will behave when the car is CP enabled.. Any ideas?

Yep - I have the hotspot sim car that I can just pop it in. However, I also have CP. So, not sure it will behave when the car is CP enabled.. Any ideas?
In theory, it should just give the unit access to the internet and allow you to use the apps on the unit itself without bothering to hook up the AutoKit/Android Auto. I've ran the Carlinkit in WiFi mode, using my phone as a hotspot instead of running AutoKit and everything seemed to work as expected running through the Wired CP interface.

Tbh, I don't have the trust in the mfg to login to my accounts on the device so I've never bothered to put a sim card in it

Tried this today on a newer version (Carlinkit Android 13 CarPlay Ai Box) and it worked flawlessly. Very easy setup. Will test it in the upcoming days and see if it's any good.

Tried this today on a newer version (Carlinkit Android 13 CarPlay Ai Box) and it worked flawlessly. Very easy setup. Will test it in the upcoming days and see if it's any good.
It pretty much works for me. I got it primarily for Waze & am working my way thru the other apps.

Might be paranoid, but I'm reluctant to use this workaround in case Lucid is analyzing stats and sees enough of an uptick in carplay use that it further deprioritizes native AA. The carlinkit kit is basically just using the carplay function as a display.

Also with multiple users, I fear it may be an annoyance if someone has an iPhone but the car grabs the Carplay from the carlinkit instead since it's gonna stay plugged in via USB.

Might be paranoid, but I'm reluctant to use this workaround in case Lucid is analyzing stats and sees enough of an uptick in carplay use that it further deprioritizes native AA. The carlinkit kit is basically just using the carplay function as a display.

Also with multiple users, I fear it may be an annoyance if someone has an iPhone but the car grabs the Carplay from the carlinkit instead since it's gonna stay plugged in via USB.
It also can act as a wireless car play adapter....even though the car doesn't need one

On your phone, open your Bluetooth menu and look for a device called "Autokit Ambient". Pair to it.
Once it's paired, look for the app on the Lucid screen that says "Autokit".
View attachment 19070

Tap AutoKit and you will see the AutoKit loading screen.

View attachment 19071

You'll go through some first time Android Auto setup.
You're now in Android Auto.

View attachment 19072
Thanks this is great! Does anyone have the issue where the interface does not resize properly? My screen looks like attached and I can't navigate back because my menu bar is blocking.

Attachments

• 20240312_191134.jpg
    20240312_191134.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
Thanks this is great! Does anyone have the issue where the interface does not resize properly? My screen looks like attached and I can't navigate back because my menu bar is blocking.
Intersting. My auto adjusted the first time it booted up. I'll mess with the menu later and see if I can find a way to auto resize.

Intersting. My auto adjusted the first time it booted up. I'll mess with the menu later and see if I can find a way to auto resize.
Thanks. I also looked but could not find. I did a factory reset of the device and did a logo reset to just try again and similar results

Thanks. I also looked but could not find. I did a factory reset of the device and did a logo reset to just try again and similar results
Which one did you get? the AI box?

Yes, the one you linked in the post.
I was able to get it into developer mode and change a few "cutout" settings and at least got the height right. The width does not match your screen shot. I will let you know if I find something else.

I was able to get it into developer mode and change a few "cutout" settings and at least got the height right. The width does not match your screen shot. I will let you know if I find something else.
You should also try a forced reboot of your cars computer too. Typically the screen real estate is controlled by the 4

Back