Getting Android Auto into the Lucid

I am afraid if you want to keep your Twraps phone charger on that USB C plug, you are out of luck. Unfortunately, that is the USB port that is tied to the onboard CarPlay.

There may be some way to connect more than one plug to the same USB plug...I have never tried it, but you can most likely find one on Amazon. Android Auto trumps anything else I could think of using.

Good luck and if plugging two into one C plug works, drop me a note...I would be interested to know.
That’s not true. You can use either of the front two USB ports for CarPlay. I have personally used both.

Do these CarlinKit boxes only plug into the smaller USB C plug in the armrest or can it also use the larger USB A plug? I'm currently using my USB C plug for the Twraps phone charger and don't want to give that up.
I just installed my Carlinkit, and I'm so far successfully using the A outlet, preserving the C outlet for phone charging.

I am afraid if you want to keep your Twraps phone charger on that USB C plug, you are out of luck. Unfortunately, that is the USB port that is tied to the onboard CarPlay.

There may be some way to connect more than one plug to the same USB plug...I have never tried it, but you can most likely find one on Amazon. Android Auto trumps anything else I could think of using.

Good luck and if plugging two into one C plug works, drop me a note...I would be interested to know.
Not true. The other USB plug works just fine.

Back