ICE-ing is infuriating and awesome Tesla surprise..

lucidtouringman

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Roadtripping in my AGT through Alabama and coming across some serious ICE-ing which is frustrating to see! Why do people do this? Rhetorical question I know..but while I've been ok on charge..this can make or break trips for others.. potentially with kids etc. Argh..so rude!

Now for the positive something...I wanted to plug into a Tesla destination charger and dutifully pulled out my adapter only to walk up to the charger to find a curious little 'magic dock'! Didn't know these babies existed until today .I thought these were only a Super charger feature..but check these photos out..and in true Tesla fashion..charging initiated in like 8 seconds...such a cool little experience today..

Attachments

• PXL_20240702_235737554.jpg
    PXL_20240702_235737554.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 188
  • PXL_20240702_235622079.jpg
    PXL_20240702_235622079.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 182
  • PXL_20240702_235705034.jpg
    PXL_20240702_235705034.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
  • PXL_20240702_235657260.jpg
    PXL_20240702_235657260.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 152
  • PXL_20240702_235710691.jpg
    PXL_20240702_235710691.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 141
  • PXL_20240702_235716093.jpg
    PXL_20240702_235716093.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 147
  • PXL_20240702_235846138.jpg
    PXL_20240702_235846138.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 150
  • PXL_20240702_235944268.jpg
    PXL_20240702_235944268.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 192
Wait, what? First you changed from lucidpureman to lucidtouringman, now it’s lucidgrandtouringman? 🤣
Oh my lord..thanks..I'm fixing my post right now...typo ..I'm very much still a Touring owner 😊

Roadtripping in my AGT through Alabama and coming across some serious ICE-ing which is frustrating to see! Why do people do this? Rhetorical question I know..but while I've been ok on charge..this can make or break trips for others.. potentially with kids etc. Argh..so rude!

Now for the positive something...I wanted to plug into a Tesla destination charger and dutifully pulled out my adapter only to walk up to the charger to find a curious little 'magic dock'! Didn't know these babies existed until today .I thought these were only a Super charger feature..but check these photos out..and in true Tesla fashion..charging initiated in like 8 seconds...such a cool little experience today..
Funny how it's generally trucks.
That's Tesla's new "Universal" wall connector. It workls with both Tesla and J1772 cars, and is very reasonably priced.

I'm unable to change my initial post so correcting my typo here .I'm not an AGT owner...that was a typo..very much still AT for me ..sorry!

What’s ice-ing? Is it “ rolling coal”

What those feeble minds don’t understand is that Tesla started the EV revolution- an American company

Imagine what would happen if an EV owner parked in front of a gas pump! Would have added this to my post but don’t see a way to edit…

What’s ice-ing? Is it “ rolling coal”

What those feeble minds don’t understand is that Tesla started the EV revolution- an American company
"The act of ICE-ing is to park in a space intended for electric cars, without making use of, or having any need for, the charger."

From...

I’m sorry this happened to you. Petroleum companies $ and influence with support from the GOP and the orange orangutan has created enough FUD-fear uncertainty and doubt- that somehow EV’s are UN-American-what lunacy! Fortunately I’ve yet to experience this. I’ve given the better part of my life to this country and am active LE I know this won’t go well for offenders.
A local Alabama guy in his truck asked me what it was that I was driving ..when I told him the brand name..and added that they're designed in the US and built 100% in Arizona, his exact comments were .."Alright...Nice looking car..Go Trump..! "..and then proceeded to gun his Ford 250 diesel leaving me very confused ...

A local Alabama guy in his truck asked me what it was that I was driving ..when I told him the brand name..and added that they're designed in the US and built 100% in Arizona, his exact comments were .."Alright...Nice looking car..Go Trump..! "..and then proceeded to gun his Ford 250 diesel leaving me very confused ...
This is such an Alabama thing… 🤣

A local Alabama guy in his truck asked me what it was that I was driving ..when I told him the brand name..and added that they're designed in the US and built 100% in Arizona, his exact comments were .."Alright...Nice looking car..Go Trump..! "..and then proceeded to gun his Ford 250 diesel leaving me very confused

This is such an Alabama thing 🤣
Roger that, Alabama should learn to live off their own tax base.

Okay, folks. Understand the frustrations, but let’s keep the politics for political forums? We don’t want to derail the conversation.

Your post is the first time seeing this in Alabama. I am uncertain of the ability to get the vehicle towed if blocking and need to charge. Such regulations may be behind in the state, but don't quote me on this. Finding a station and it working in Alabama has improved though still a journey of patience and planning.

There are an abundance of RV camps in the state. I highly recommend buying a converter for the RV style plug as an emergency option in more remote places of the country. You will find people amenable after a brief explanation of the car, refocus of any political commentary back to American made and excellence of the car, and like with most things patience.

Interesting! I'm curious to know what charging power you got, approximately what the cost per kWh was, and if the towers with a 'magic dock' were well-marked.

Not that I'm defending these ICE-ers, but it certainly doesn't help when stores put the chargers in some of their prime parking spots. We're charging, so we have time to walk a little further to/from the store. Also, let's not forget those EV owners who think these spots are intended for them whether they are charging or not!

I’m ashamed to say that I have de-ICEd once - it was a super busy convenience store with zero parking open anywhere except for at a gas pump that had a yellow tag over the handle, which usually means it is busted (but I don’t know if it was for sure). I ran in, grabbed my one item, and ran out - sure I was going to see a key mark in my paint.

Also, let's not forget those EV owners who think these spots are intended for them whether they are charging or not!
There are very, very few of those. Most of them know very well that the space is intended for people actually charging the vehicle but they are as self centered entitled individuals as the ones driving ICE vehicles who do the same thing. In some ways, IMHO, they are worse as they know better and still do the selfish thing.

Interesting! I'm curious to know what charging power you got, approximately what the cost per kWh was, and if the towers with a 'magic dock' were well-marked.
Power was 11kw..just like a typical home charger. And it was all free. The docks were NOT marked as magic chargers..they just looked like regular Tesla destination chargers from a distance.

There are very, very few of those. Most of them know very well that the space is intended for people actually charging the vehicle but they are as self centered entitled individuals as the ones driving ICE vehicles who do the same thing. In some ways, IMHO, they are worse as they know better and still do the selfish thing.
Yup..agreed. There was a truck that parked diagonally across two spots to ensure maximum disruption to EV charging spots. I was too surprised to take a photo but it was impressive to see the lengths people have gone to here to prevent EV charging.

Those were universal destination chargers (L2), not magic dock superchargers (50kW L3).

Back