Mix feelings after 1 week of ownership

Use whatever you’d like. I originally described the profile switching long ago, back when the logo reset didn’t exist. Some called it the “Bobby reset” back then. The logo reset replaced it. The locking and unlocking does nothing since the car never sleeps in that sequence, unless you are standing outside of key range and waiting for the contacters to release. Some used to call this the blinker reset where we’d leave a blinker on and wait for it to turn itself off to indicate the car has gone to sleep. Your success with simply locking and unlocking it is likely coincidental. This is a known fact from face to face meeting with the Lucid software team. Think of it this way: why exit to lock and unlock? Why now just tap the lock button a couple times? Certainly do what makes you happy but it’s important to me and the other mods to have accurate information here for others.
It very well might be coincidental but 2 times It has worked. Hopefully I never have to use any of the mentioned methods but if I do, I know which one I will use. Clearly there are more than one way to get around the issue I have/had.

Can anyone remember when “issue” replaced the word, “problem”? I know it’s been a gradual thing, practically unnoticed. Living languages like English, are like that, as words change meanings, or as words are put to different use.

To this day, I don’t have issues. But I have problems. Lots and lots of problems. Fortunately none of them involve my Lucid key fob.
I agree. The phrase "I've got 99 issues, but a keyfob ain't one" just doesn't flow....

giphy (3).gif

I've had my pure for about 9 months.

My pain points:
1. (literally) is bumping my head on entry. I'm 6', so not usually tall. Wish I had paid better attention pre-order. However, this was never a problem for me in past cars.

2. Trunk will not open with the trunk button and the key fob in my pocket. I need to first go to a side door and unlock the car first. Anyone else have this issue? Can it be fixed by Lucid?

3. Seat materials is thin/poor quality. Seat bottom is wrinkled.

4. I was not aware of the limited time nature of the Sirius subscription (sales issue). AM/FM sort of works, but reception is not strong.

5. Not a Lucid issue, but not at all happy with the supercharger situation. Not enough chargers. 3-4 stations compared to dozens at Tesla locations. Most of the time no stations available & waiting line.

6. Door will not stay open. Never had this problem before in other cars. If you push the door out it swings back closed.

7. I'm disappointed with the range. While better then my previous car (Tesla S 90D), it is nowhere near EPA range. I'm a conservative driver. I've only tried sports mode once.

8. The cup holders. Most of the time I need to press/pull hard to get the cup into out of position.

What I like/love:
1. The surround view. I never had this before and it is great. Would not buy another car without this feature.

2. The info displays.

Given the cost overall grade is a C.

Last edited:
I've had my pure for about 9 months.

My pain points:
1. (literally) is bumping my head on entry. I'm 6', so not usually tall. Wish I had paid better attention pre-order. However, this was never a problem for me in past cars.
Interesting. Wonder if there's a different spec on Pure vs Touring. I'm 6'2" 200 and never had any issues getting in and out. Love the easy entry seat/wheel thing too.

My pain points:
I'm also about 6', I have no issue there. I guess we all sit down differently.
2. Trunk will not open with the trunk button and the key fob in my pocket. I need to first go to a side door and unlock the car first. Anyone else have this issue? Can it be fixed by Lucid?
This was definitely an oversight. There is no fob sensor in the back, and the trunk button doesn't seem to give it the same nudge to unlock that pressing the door handles does either. You can use the morse code sequence on your fob to open it, or what I do more often is ask Siri to open it via my Apple Watch.
3. Seat materials is thin/poor quality. Seat bottom is wrinkled.
Not what I've heard or experienced generally. I think a few people here have had issues with that and got a fix under warranty?
6. Door will not stay open. Never had this problem before in other cars. If you push the door out it swings back closed.
Seems normal to me. Like in other cars I've owned, there are two "sticking points". If you open it about halfway, it should settle into place and stay there even if on a hill. Same if you open it all the way. If it doesn't work like that for you, you may need to get something adjusted.
7. I'm disappointed with the range. While better then my previous car (Tesla S 90D), it is nowhere near EPA range. I'm a conservative driver. I've only tried sports mode once.
Many discussions on this. It achieves EPA range under EPA conditions. This shouldn't be a surprise coming from Tesla, they use the same tests and are off from "normal" driving by about the same amount in about the same ways.
8. The cup holders. Most of the time I need to press/pull hard to get the cup into out of position.
Yep, they're a little small, but I just got a smaller thermos. Not a big deal in the big picture.

I used to hit my head, especially with a hat on, but changed the way I enter the car. I previously stood parallel to the car and put my right leg in and sat down at the same time. Now I stand with my butt towards the seat, sit down and then swing my legs in.
This is on my wish list.

The only recurring problem I have had with my car in the last year or so is proximity lock/unlock. About 10 - 20 percent of the time my car will not lock when I get out and walk away. It stays unlocked with music blaring! I usually watch for it now but occasionally I forget and discover it when I have to return to the vehicle. Since I am having my battery replaced in a couple weeks I will have the Seattle service center check it out.

The only other slightly disconcerting experience I had was on a drive about a month ago. The pilot panel went nuts and was flashing on off and my mirrors started spontaneously changing positions. The entire system went berserk and the screens became unresponsive. I pulled over, did a logo reset, and that fixed everything.

I hope your frustrations are resolved quickly .

Back