Mix feelings after 1 week of ownership

My pain points:
- VERY buggy code. Sorry but I expect more
What specific bugs are you experiencing? Be very specific here, so your fellow owners can try to help you. There are literally millions of miles of combine knowledge here on this forum.

- I have had garbled voice/audio. The fix has been to park the car, get out, and lock and unlock. Not very good when you are driving down the highway :(
The fix you are describing does nothing. There's something else wrong. In what particular situation is the voice or audio garbled? What sources?

- The key fobs aren't good. They work sometimes and it's not the battery. I even changed the batter after 2 days and still issues. Today it didn't open until I pressed the button. The car was locked but the mirrors wasn't folded in. Once I unlocked and locked the car back they folded in.
The key fob actually work very well (although I much prefer mobile key). You shouldn't need to press the button. If your door was locked but mirror wasn't folded in, something is wrong. Again, please give us some specifics. Does this happen all the time? Can you please make a video of it occurring? Again, fellow owners here will try to help you figure out if this is a problem that requires service.

- Walking up to the car with my phone works sometimes.
This is a common problem. To wake the car, the system sends an SMS to it. Many owners have noticed that this can vary. When my car is parked in the garage, sometimes it literally refuses to wake up. I know that they are working on this, but the functional design of it is lacking.

- I have lost SiriusXM favorites.
- SiriusXM favorites don't update.
- Not being able to go to the next SiriusXM station via steering wheel.
it sounds like you are having several problems with SiriusXM app. That app is written by SiriusXM, not Lucid. It would be a useful idea to give them objective feedback.

- Only being able to access Radio, Nav, Phone vial the Glass Cockpit. Should be able to go between them via the Pilot Panel.
You can use any of those on the Pilot Panel, but only one it is simultaneously displayed on the upper panel. This has been on the wishlist a long time, and I completely agree it would be nice to have this. That said, such a functionality was never promised and therefore cannot be expected.

- No Android Audio (yes I knew this).
There are workarounds for this problem posted elsewhere on the form. Users have reported excellent experiences using a simple device that can be purchased from Amazon.

My wife has an iPhone, I have an Android. Both of us have issue where we walk up to the car and sometimes it opens and sometimes it doesn't. Our phones was setup by the Lucid delivery guy. I will check to see if we are both in the same profiles. We also have the same problems with our key fobs.

I just did the logo reset and hopefully that solves my issues. If it doesn't I will reach out to Lucid service.
Does your wife drive the car frequently? Many have found the profiles system frustrating. Many of the problems in my car vanished when I changed it to just my profile and just my phone. My wife drives the car very, very seldom so this works out for us. If you have both phones and key fobs battling for attention from the car, this can sometimes cause issues. My suggestion is you remove the battery from one key fob, turn off Bluetooth on both of your phones, and then see if the other key fob is working properly. By the process of elimination, you can figure out which one is an issue.

those are all valid feedback and i have experienced most of them. i cancelled my SiriusXM after my trial ended because it wouldn't sync my favorites.

the key fob is really annoying to use. it works about 70% of the time and the rest of the time I'm scrambling to press the fob without taking it out of pocket because it didn't auto unlock. I have tried the mobile key but it's less reliable so i gave up on it.

Tesla destination chargers still require an adapter, no?
SiriusXM favorites now DO sync with the OTA version 2.2.2 update. You have to go into settings in the SiriusXM app on the pilot panel, enter your SiriusXM login credentials once and then forever synced.

Also both times I had the issue I was hours away from my home. I personally will not do a soft or hard reset unless I am at home in the event something happens. Pulling off the highway into a gas station and locking and unlocking is a safer way to get it back working.
With all due respect, locking and unlocking is not safer. The logo reset is a soft reboot, which is safer than any other kind of reboot, including letting the car go to sleep, both for you and the car.

Yes, you should still be pulled over somewhere. But please use the resets instead of locking the car and getting out.

With all due respect, locking and unlocking is not safer. The logo reset is a soft reboot, which is safer than any other kind of reboot, including letting the car go to sleep, both for you and the car.

Yes, you should still be pulled over somewhere. But please use the resets instead of locking the car and getting out.
Thanks for your suggestion but both times I had issues I was around 3 hours away from my home. I'm not going to do a reset that far from home when the fix was to lock and unlock my car. Again when it happened I didn't know about the soft reset. Hopefully it doesn't happen again (fingers crossed).

SiriusXM favorites now DO sync with the OTA version 2.2.2 update. You have to go into settings in the SiriusXM app on the pilot panel, enter your SiriusXM login credentials once and then forever synced.
I was hoping that would fix my issue but it didn't. Maybe the soft reset will take care of things.

Does your wife drive the car frequently? Many have found the profiles system frustrating. Many of the problems in my car vanished when I changed it to just my profile and just my phone. My wife drives the car very, very seldom so this works out for us. If you have both phones and key fobs battling for attention from the car, this can sometimes cause issues. My suggestion is you remove the battery from one key fob, turn off Bluetooth on both of your phones, and then see if the other key fob is working properly. By the process of elimination, you can figure out which one is an issue.
Will do. Thx

Thanks for your suggestion but both times I had issues I was around 3 hours away from my home. I'm not going to do a reset that far from home when the fix was to lock and unlock my car. Again when it happened I didn't know about the soft reset. Hopefully it doesn't happen again (fingers crossed).
I've driven over 37k since I got the car last year. I'm regularly several hours from home or my destination. I use the logo reset more often than I'd like to have to do it. But my point in saying this is that your reluctance to use it might be at least somewhat unnecessary. I've never had a problem related to that reset. Changing to a different driver profile (or guest) and back helps sometimes, too.

Here's a mobile app auto open/close question for you... I find that this feature works pretty well running in the background on my AA phone, BUT... I keep my rowing skull parked next to the car. If I walk by it to get the boat, the car dutifully unlocks, of course only to be ignored. The lights go out, the radio turns off, and it sits there silently with the door handles extended until it locks again as I leave. When I return with the boat an hour or two later, the car does not unlock this time, no matter how long I fuss around the boat nearby doing. I find that I have to restart the phone to get the feature functioning normally again. Is it possible that the app's and/or car's software is smart (dumb?) enough to log having unlocked the car in error, and then not do so again as a security measure?

I feel you might just need to get a little more comfortable with the logo reset. That is the one thing that I have never heard any issue on. It is super quick and almost always works. Truly like a 1 minute fix. You stay inside your car and no one knows what’s going on except the people in the car. Not a single word (that I’ve seen) about the logo reset stalling the car.
I’m not sure if your reluctance is for personal safety or car stalling but either is unfounded. IMO
It’s been a week… you’ll start feeling more comfortable soon. 😁

Here's a mobile app auto open/close question for you... I find that this feature works pretty well running in the background on my AA phone, BUT... I keep my rowing skull parked next to the car. If I walk by it to get the boat, the car dutifully unlocks, of course only to be ignored. The lights go out, the radio turns off, and it sits there silently with the door handles extended until it locks again as I leave. When I return with the boat an hour or two later, the car does not unlock this time, no matter how long I fuss around the boat nearby doing. I find that I have to restart the phone to get the feature functioning normally again. Is it possible that the app's and/or car's software is smart (dumb?) enough to log having unlocked the car in error, and then not do so again as a security measure?
If the car unlocks a certain number of times via detected movement from the keyfob or mobile key and the doors are not opened, it will eventually stop responding to those movements, yes. But not for only one time detecting an open. I believe it's something like 10 times in a row within an hour. So something else must be going on in your case.

If the car unlocks a certain number of times via detected movement from the keyfob or mobile key and the doors are not opened, it will eventually stop responding to those movements, yes. But not for only one time detecting an open. I believe it's something like 10 times in a row within an hour. So something else must be going on in your case.

Thanks for the insight! I do tend to go back and forth around ten minutes retrieving and attaching the outrigger, oars and other prep work, so it's possible that I do trigger it a number of times. Probably not ten, but several. Thanks again. I wonder if a lot of the issues noted are not people who live in a regular home, and are unknowingly triggering the car in their garage numerous times.

Can anyone remember when “issue” replaced the word, “problem”? I know it’s been a gradual thing, practically unnoticed. Living languages like English, are like that, as words change meanings, or as words are put to different use.

To this day, I don’t have issues. But I have problems. Lots and lots of problems. Fortunately none of them involve my Lucid key fob.

So, let me get this straight... You have a problem with my use of the word issue? Well, I take umbrage with that! Do you have an issue with my use of the word 'umbrage', or is that not a problem? Or is it vice versa? Either way, I'm going back to bed. (I gotta stop looking at the forum when I get up to pee.)

I've driven over 37k since I got the car last year. I'm regularly several hours from home or my destination. I use the logo reset more often than I'd like to have to do it. But my point in saying this is that your reluctance to use it might be at least somewhat unnecessary. I've never had a problem related to that reset. Changing to a different driver profile (or guest) and back helps sometimes, too.
First I hope I don't have to use the logo reset often. That in itself isn't good in my mind.

Driving your car 37K miles in one year is rock star. I'm sure it is a blast to drive.

Finally clearly there are multiple ways I have to fix my issue:
- Logo Reset (which is yours and others go to)
- Changing to a different profile (new option it appears)
- Locking and unlocking the car (my preference). Not sure why some say this doesn't do anything when clearly it has worked the two times i have used it.

My advice is use whatever works for you.

First I hope I don't have to use the logo reset often. That in itself isn't good in my mind.

Driving your car 37K miles in one year is rock star. I'm sure it is a blast to drive.

- Locking and unlocking the car (my preference). Not sure why some say this doesn't do anything when clearly it has worked the two times i have used it.

Agreed. The early dream and GT owners have seen vast improvements in the software over time. I've seen some in my year of ownership and I expect it will continue to improve so that things like this become less and less necessary

I've had the car for a year now and I've done a reset maybe 4 times. A couple of those were to work around bugs which Lucid has since resolved in updates. Not a regular thing at all for me at least.

Bobby's FAQ has some detail on the different resets, they all do different things. The profile switch is kind of like logging out and back in on a computer vs rebooting, it squashes some demons, but not all of them.

First, on locking and unlocking, I suspect the reason some people are less comfortable with that is it comes with the risk of getting locked out of your car if something is already misbehaving. I don't think that's likely, but it's more likely than if you don't get out of the car to begin with. Second, just FYI, you can lock the car while sitting in it (using the fob or mobile app) and it will do exactly the same thing. Step on the brake to wake it back up. No risk of getting locked out. Finally, people are saying it does nothing. That's clearly an exaggeration. It does things. It puts the car to sleep. In my experience that absolutely is enough to give it a kick in the pants to make some issues go away temporarily. However, just like putting a laptop to sleep, it does leave a whole bunch of crap sitting there that may likely make the issue come back. If it works, great. An actual reboot (logo reset) is more likely to clean things up and make the issue actually go away though rather than just hiding it for a little bit.

I do agree with everyone here saying there's no reason to be wary of the logo reset. It has never stranded anyone to my knowledge, it isn't a hard reset at all, it's just like pushing the "reboot" button on your computer. Good quick way to get a clean slate. It's so much more likely to come back better than ever vs causing a new problem.

Use whatever you’d like. I originally described the profile switching long ago, back when the logo reset didn’t exist. Some called it the “Bobby reset” back then. The logo reset replaced it. The locking and unlocking does nothing since the car never sleeps in that sequence, unless you are standing outside of key range and waiting for the contacters to release. Some used to call this the blinker reset where we’d leave a blinker on and wait for it to turn itself off to indicate the car has gone to sleep. Your success with simply locking and unlocking it is likely coincidental. This is a known fact from face to face meeting with the Lucid software team. Think of it this way: why exit to lock and unlock? Why now just tap the lock button a couple times? Certainly do what makes you happy but it’s important to me and the other mods to have accurate information here for others.

The locking and unlocking does nothing since the car never sleeps in that sequence.
I stand corrected on that then, you'd know better. My experience has been that locking and walking away for a minute has fixed some issues for me.

I stand corrected on that then, you'd know better. My experience has been that locking and walking away for a minute has fixed some issues for me.
Yes, the blinker reset. I have edited my post to add that.

Back