ICE-ing is infuriating and awesome Tesla surprise..

There are an abundance of RV camps in the state. I highly recommend buying a converter for the RV style plug as an emergency option in more remote places of the country.
Is it not just a 14-50? Is an RV plug different somehow? Educate me!

You will find people amenable after a brief explanation of the car, refocus of any political commentary back to American made and excellence of the car, and like with most things patience.
Yeah, amazing what just finding common ground can accomplish. There are multiple lessons to be learned in that one sentence right there.

Not that I'm defending these ICE-ers, but it certainly doesn't help when stores put the chargers in some of their prime parking spots. We're charging, so we have time to walk a little further to/from the store. Also, let's not forget those EV owners who think these spots are intended for them whether they are charging or not!
Nah, I’m all for the prime placement. Over time, we want to encourage EV adoption. The HOV stickers went a long way toward that too, but so does prime parking placement like this.

If it gets people off ICE for their dailies, I think that’s worth it long term, even if short-term it has its issues.

I see that the icing pickup is a business vehicle….it would be a shame if he starting getting a lot of one star reviews. ;)

I see that the icing pickup is a business vehicle….it would be a shame if he starting getting a lot of one star reviews. ;)
I know you might be joking, but please don't do that. We have no idea whether that car is the owner himself, an employee, or somebody else entirely. Besides, the driver parking there has nothing to do with the business.

Is it not just a 14-50? Is an RV plug different somehow...
There are also TT-30 (120V 30A) receptacles at some RV stops. They're not easy to take advantage of with Lucid's mobile cable, as Lucid doesn't make a TT-30 input adapter, and you can't adjust the car's charging current down to 24A if you used a TT-30 to 14-50 plug adapter. A third-party mobile EVSE could get you 120V at 24A from a TT-30.

Is it not just a 14-50? Is an RV plug different somehow? Educate me!

Yeah, amazing what just finding common ground can accomplish. There are multiple lessons to be learned in that one sentence right there.

Nah, I’m all for the prime placement. Over time, we want to encourage EV adoption. The HOV stickers went a long way toward that too, but so does prime parking placement like this.

If it gets people off ICE for their dailies, I think that’s worth it long term, even if short-term it has its issues.
There is the "regular" plug Lucid provides then this one. I bought this adaptor with zero issues. Not sure what the plug is called other than a 3 prong 220-240v plug.

There is a female end for the Lucid one to hook into. I know some folks may question doing this, but it is reserved for emergency cases or when we go to the family cabin in West Virginia (nearest Level 2 chargers are 1+ hour in Snowshoe, WV; nearest RV site a 10 minute walk down the road). We had zero issues with the plug and Lucid adjusting accordingly.

Attachments

• PXL_20240703_195837452.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240703_195837452.MP.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 18
There is the "regular" plug Lucid provides then this one. I bought this adaptor with zero issues. Not sure what the plug is called other than a 3 prong 220-240v plug.
That's a 120 volt 30 amp TT-30 plug. Which adapter did you buy?

There is a female end for the Lucid one to hook into. I know some folks may question doing this, but it is reserved for emergency cases or when we go to the family cabin in West Virginia (nearest Level 2 chargers are 1+ hour in Snowshoe, WV; nearest RV site a 10 minute walk down the road). We had zero issues with the plug and Lucid adjusting accordingly.
That would be the TT-30 plug that @DeaneG was talking about above.

It’s probably worth getting a separate third party EVSE cable rather than an adaptor.

...We either need something like this or a separate third party EVSE (there’s a bunch of promising ones that have interchangeable plugs) or Lucid to give us the ability to set the max charging current.
I've always wanted a J+ Booster 2 because it's cool. But I have no practical justification.

I'm charging at an EA now the car next to me connected with an 80% charge and charged to 100%. Timer said it had been connect 45 minutes when I arrived (was at 98%). Finished charging 10 minutes ago so now it's racking up idle fees. So tied up the 150kw charger for over 55 minutes (and counting) to go from 80% to 100%.

I'm charging at an EA now the car next to me connected with an 80% charge and charged to 100%. Timer said it had been connect 45 minutes when I arrived (was at 98%). Finished charging 10 minutes ago so now it's racking up idle fees. So tied up the 150kw charger for over 55 minutes (and counting) to go from 80% to 100%.

To be fair, we don't know whether he did so because he is leaving on a trip with a long and somewhat unavoidable first leg and needs the extra electrons or if he is just a dick.

Well I left 10 minutes after sending that. There were 3 people waiting and I had gotten to 65%. The car was still there and owed over $4 (and counting) in late fees. There is no reason to start a DCFC when you're already at 80%. I don't care how far you're going. Do that at home not at a public station.

Well I left 10 minutes after sending that. There were 3 people waiting and I had gotten to 65%. The car was still there and owed over $4 (and counting) in late fees. There is no reason to start a DCFC when you're already at 80%. I don't care how far you're going. Do that at home not at a public station.
And if you are away from home and in the middle of a long trip with the next charger 500 miles away? About to cross the NV desert or similar? Ive been 400 miles from a charger before. Makes you charge a little more.

Just North of NYC not even close to a chatging desert. Chargers in every direction on all major roads 30 miles, 60 miles, 150 miles. Even at 80% their range had to be close to 400 miles (at Northeastern speeds of 70 - 75). Besides the 45 minutes to get from 80 to 100 they were finished charging for more than 15 minutes when I left. They were not even around to promptly disconnect when finished.

Back