How well do your ventilated seats work?

Maverick

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid GT
I had made the mistake of posting this in the middle of a thread that wasn't really discussing this, but I'm interested to know how well others' ventilated seats are working. I've had mine checked out at the service center, but nothing seems to have changed. They tell me that there is air being sucked in, but they can't tell me whether the seats are being properly cooled. Apart of the occasional slight cooling feeling on my lower back, I really don't feel much. My wife, who hates cooled seats, doesn't feel much of anything either. I'm trying to figure out if it's a very very subtle cooling even on high or it should feel like I'm sitting on an ice block. Any responses would be appreciated as this is probably the biggest disappointment I have with the car at this point.

I found them to be better with the recent OTA update

With both vehicles' seats set on "high", our Honda Odyssey ventilated seats move a bit more air than the Lucid seats, but the Air's ventilation is still effective in keeping our backsides from sweating. Perhaps it's because the Air's seats also have the airbags for the massage feature, thus impeding the flow of air a bit through the cushions?

Mine works “OK” but not great, removes heat in a medium way, obviously doesn’t actively cool as we know. My point of reference is the Genesis G90 back seat which will cryogenically preserve you if you want.

They work very well if you also turn on the floor vents, as it will suck cool air in and push it out through the seat. They are *ventilated* seats, not *cooled* seats.
Oooh clever hack, thanks.

I never have understood ventilated seats. My ‘19 SL550 has ventilated seats and when you get into a 100F car the seats initially bathe you in 100F air.

My F250 on the other hand has air conditioned seats and you can make ice cubes in your butt crack with them…..

I have found them mediocre at best, especially initially. I need to get the update and see what happens

They work very well if you also turn on the floor vents, as it will suck cool air in and push it out through the seat. They are *ventilated* seats, not *cooled* seats.
I actually think you have that backwards. I agree that typical seats have a fan underneath that push the air out. And your suggestion is spot on for that; however, the Service Center manager told me that the "ventilated" part means they actually pull air in and cool the seat that way. No idea why that is supposed to work, but supposedly if you take a piece of tissue paper or other light material, it will pull the paper towards the seat and not blow it away.

Someone on the forum needs to do a toilet paper test on the seats and see which way the air goes. I would think pulling air into the seat would be so blocked by the person’s body and clothing it would be ineffective….

I actually think you have that backwards. I agree that typical seats have a fan underneath that push the air out. And your suggestion is spot on for that; however, the Service Center manager told me that the "ventilated" part means they actually pull air in and cool the seat that way. No idea why that is supposed to work, but supposedly if you take a piece of tissue paper or other light material, it will pull the paper towards the seat and not blow it away.
I haven't done this test, and can't since I'm in Europe on my honeymoon, but can attest that the foot vents on definitely made the seats themselves colder. 🤷‍♂️

Someone on the forum needs to do a toilet paper test on the seats and see which way the air goes. I would think pulling air into the seat would be so blocked by the person’s body and clothing it would be ineffective….
@Alex performed that test. The picture is buried somewhere on this forum

I haven't done this test, and can't since I'm in Europe on my honeymoon, but can attest that the foot vents on definitely made the seats themselves colder. 🤷‍♂️
Honeymoon! Congrats!

Back