How well do your ventilated seats work?

They work very well if you also turn on the floor vents, as it will suck cool air in and push it out through the seat. They are *ventilated* seats, not *cooled* seats.
Interesting. My BMW 530e has ventilated but not cooled seats. I can only feel the effect if I have been exercising and am sweaty. I will try this and see if it works on my DD while I wait for my Pure.

I agree with Bunny...our GV80 will freeze your a$$ off! I find I can only withstand it on the lowest level.

I would hope the Air would perform as well as a brand new to market SUV that costs 1/2 as much.

I agree with Bunny...our GV80 will freeze your a$$ off! I find I can only withstand it on the lowest level.

I would hope the Air would perform as well as a brand new to market SUV that costs 1/2 as much.
It doesn’t because it’s a different style of cooling sadly (air conditioned vs cold air blown from underneath). I will say, today was 106 out and I had my a/c on 5-7 and my ventilated seats on high and I was quite comfortable. I wasn’t even pushing the cold air on my feet as @borski stated. You can definitely feel the cool air, and it certainly won’t freeze you.

It doesn’t because it’s a different style of cooling sadly (air conditioned vs cold air blown from underneath). I will say, today was 106 out and I had my a/c on 5-7 and my ventilated seats on high and I was quite comfortable. I wasn’t even pushing the cold air on my feet as @borski stated. You can definitely feel the cool air, and it certainly won’t freeze you.
So...sitting on your car with no shirt on will NOT cool you because the air can't be sucked through your skin. Or so I was told... 🤔

Had a chance to try out my ventilated seats today. (Believe it or not, it’s 60 degrees today, despite being -25 less than a week ago.) They worked well in cooling me off after giving the car a nice wash. The borski trick of turning on the floor vents worked like a charm.

Saving final judgement until summer, of course. But so far, so good.

Now that it is spring/summer in the Chicago-land area, I’ve finally had the opportunity to test out the “ventilated” seats and I must admit I’m a little underwhelmed. I don’t think knew that there was a difference between “ventilated” and “cooled” seats and I honestly feel a little duped now that I’ve experienced the difference. I’m looking forward to testing the Borski trick that I’ve just read about!

We've had a few days here where my car has baked at my office parking spot which is a brick wall that faces west, I thought the seat did an adequate job. I also run the passenger seat ventilation just to bring down the ambient temperature of the passenger seat which IMO also helps cool the cockpit space faster.

Does anyone run the backseat ventilation to help cool or warm the cockpit faster?

The fan and cooling in the Lucid seats definitely not as strong as the wife’s Range Rover. That being said it’s still a welcome addition to the overwhelmed AC at times.

I guess I should've said the back seat climate control as that's what I was referring to.
you can manually turn on rear climate settings from the pilot panel, but otherwise, it needs someone back there to auto turn on

I find that my drivers side ventilated seat works really well but for some reason the passenger side just doesn’t cool as well… I can hear the fans turning on but it just doesn’t seem to flow as much air as the drivers seat.

I find that my drivers side ventilated seat works really well but for some reason the passenger side just doesn’t cool as well… I can hear the fans turning on but it just doesn’t seem to flow as much air as the drivers seat.
Hi, @Air_GT. Thanks for sharing. I advise contacting your service center if you haven't done so already. They can evaluate the issue.

Cooling seats are not great. They are cooler than ambient temp, but not much air flow at all.
In fact, the entire cooling system in the car is poor, given the size of the interior. Air flow should be MUCH stronger!

Cooling seats are not great. They are cooler than ambient temp, but not much air flow at all.
In fact, the entire cooling system in the car is poor, given the size of the interior. Air flow should be MUCH stronger!
Turn on the rear vents if you need to cool quickly as well. They default to off especially if the seat sensors are not triggers in the back.

I love my ventilated seats. They keep my buttocks appropriately cooled.

Back