How to tell if a car has DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro

doorTrope

Reaction score
I'm considering a used Lucid. Most configuration options are easy to spot but I'm not sure how to tell if a car has DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro. Are there easy ways to figure this out? Someone in another thread mentioned if "ADAS goes into Highway Assist mode" it has DreamDrive Pro. But I'm not sure exactly how to test that.

Thanks in advance

I'm considering a used Lucid. Most configuration options are easy to spot but I'm not sure how to tell if a car has DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro. Are there easy ways to figure this out? Someone in another thread mentioned if "ADAS goes into Highway Assist mode" it has DreamDrive Pro. But I'm not sure exactly how to test that.

Thanks in advance
On the dashboard or Lucid Mobile App, you should see the manual which has all the features of your car.

DreamDrive Pro is easy as the B-Pillar camera are only present if you have Pro, not Premium or regular. There is also the LIDAR sensor bump in the center of the “grille”, which is flat if you don’t have Pro.

SurrealSound Pro is a bit harder as there were a number of Pures (and maybe Tourings) that shipped with a trial of Pro and all of the necessary speakers/components. After the trial, the extra processing and Atmos processing is turned off if it was just the trial. Then some none-Pro cars simply don’t have the hardware and will not have the higher A-Pillar speakers, for example. All GTs from 2022-2023 have both Pro packages, I believe 2024 was the first year these items were not automatic on the GT, but that could also be 2025.

Hopefully any used Air would still have the window sticker.

Thanks in advance
I ran into a similar question a year ago when I bought a used Lucid. The Monroney label indicated it had both DDP and SSP and the functionality was in the car, but what I didn't realize was it was the trial version then and it disappeared sometime after I purchased it.

Lucid was very understanding and helpful after the fact and they suggested that I should have just called them, provided the VIN number and they could tell me what the car has as full included functionality. It's the safest thing you can do.

It will also show up in My upgrades inside the lucid motors portal

Attachments

• IMG_9412.webp
    IMG_9412.webp
    44.6 KB · Views: 49
I ran into a similar question a year ago when I bought a used Lucid. The Monroney label indicated it had both DDP and SSP and the functionality was in the car, but what I didn't realize was it was the trial version then and it disappeared sometime after I purchased it.

Lucid was very understanding and helpful after the fact and they suggested that I should have just called them, provided the VIN number and they could tell me what the car has as full included functionality. It's the safest thing you can do.
Interesting. I tried just that (calling CS) for a car I was considering buying. They flat out told me they couldn't disclose details about options on someone else's car. I ended up walking into a Lucid service center and the fella there was happy to check. Don't know whether he was supposed to or not, but he did.

DreamDrive Pro is easy as the B-Pillar camera are only present if you have Pro, not Premium or regular. There is also the LIDAR sensor bump in the center of the “grille”, which is flat if you don’t have Pro.

SurrealSound Pro is a bit harder as there were a number of Pures (and maybe Tourings) that shipped with a trial of Pro and all of the necessary speakers/components. After the trial, the extra processing and Atmos processing is turned off if it was just the trial. Then some none-Pro cars simply don’t have the hardware and will not have the higher A-Pillar speakers, for example. All GTs from 2022-2023 have both Pro packages, I believe 2024 was the first year these items were not automatic on the GT, but that could also be 2025.

Hopefully any used Air would still have the window sticker.
Any chance you have a picture of the higher A pillar speaker you are talking about? Or maybe a picture of one without it? (If there is ANY speaker higher on the A pillar, is that indicative of SSP hardware?) I'm looking on the secondary market for a car with SSP, but finding that a few folks just don't know whether the car has it or not when I ask. Thanks for the info!

SS Pro speakers:
2023_Lucid_Air_Dashboard_1.webp

Not sure about the ones by the dash, but the speakers up by the sun visors will not be present without SS pro hardware.

Thank you everyone for your replies. This has been supper useful so far.

Interesting. I tried just that (calling CS) for a car I was considering buying. They flat out told me they couldn't disclose details about options on someone else's car. I ended up walking into a Lucid service center and the fella there was happy to check. Don't know whether he was supposed to or not, but he did.
Well yes that's fair. The car was being sold by a dealership. I presume the dealership would have needed to call them and provide the information. Anyone selling a car (with good faith) should have no issue doing that.

rking1022,
I had the same thing happened this past week. Saw a used Touring and called Lucid and asked about options and they told me they could not give that information. I told them that the car was setting on a used car lot and they still would not provide me that information.

SS Pro speakers:
View attachment 23108
Not sure about the ones by the dash, but the speakers up by the sun visors will not be present without SS pro hardware.
Thank you. I'm thankful for you folks in this forum that take time to help those of us with less knowledge. Now to go find my car so I can be part of the family...

Back