DreamDrive Premium and HA

ColonelBadger

Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
IQZT5SXS
OK I'm confused as to whether my Touring has Highway Assist or not. My vehicle has DreamDrive Premium. I believe my sales person, on the run through the car said it did, but this morning when I attempted to enable it on a highway, I just got Adaptive Cruise. It's possible it's not supported on the road I was on, but googling and this forum seems to suggest HA is only available on Pro. But I also found some threads where it was mentioned its part of DreamDrive basic?!?

Sorry for the Noob question.

HA is part of Pro. You’ve got pretty much everything but HA with Premium.

Got it thank you. It's not particularly clear on the Lucid site, at least when you select vehicles with the different DD none seem to list HA. The DreamDrive Megathread also started saying that HA was part of basic. So was pretty confused.

There was probably some confusion in the thread because all cars initially came with a free DDP trial. So, even those of us who didn't order it or buy it had it for a few months. Then went back to standard DD (basic). So, as far as I know, HA was never included with standard DD. But it might have appeared that way depending on what the person posting was trying to convey.

It’s also worth bearing in mind there wasn’t always a DD Premium.

Originally the levels were DD Basic and Pro - later they added Premium as a sort of “middle ground,” so that undoubtedly led to some confusion for folks.

HA has always only been included with Pro though.

With premium, you have the 360 camera and adaptive cruise. I doubt you’ll miss HA.
If you log into your account on the website, there maybe an option to upgrade to DDPro?

With premium, you have the 360 camera and adaptive cruise. I doubt you’ll miss HA.
If you log into your account on the website, there maybe an option to upgrade to DDPro?
Hi - why do you say you doubt he'll miss the HA? I am new to Lucid Air Pure and was expecting basic adaptive cruise control and lane centering but apparently the Pure is missing basic lane centering feature (which my 5+ year old gas volkswagen offered at less than half the price). Any input on what HA actually does is appreciated. Will also go read through the manual to find it later.

Hi - why do you say you doubt he'll miss the HA? I am new to Lucid Air Pure and was expecting basic adaptive cruise control and lane centering but apparently the Pure is missing basic lane centering feature (which my 5+ year old gas volkswagen offered at less than half the price). Any input on what HA actually does is appreciated. Will also go read through the manual to find it later.
So you paid more than 2x your other car's price without reading about what you were buying? 🤔
All Airs have adaptive cruise control, DreamDrive Premium adds the 360º camera view for parking, and Highway Assist from the DreamDrive Pro package adds highway lane centering on top of that.

So you paid more than 2x your other car's price without reading about what you were buying? 🤔
All Airs have adaptive cruise control, DreamDrive Premium adds the 360º camera view for parking, and Highway Assist from the DreamDrive Pro package adds highway lane centering on top of that.
that's right - you have about 1-2 minutes to decide to get a car when inventory is available so you don't have time to analyze everything. Adaptive is the most important thing and it works well; just very odd the basic lane keeping is not part of it. And these aren't cars to buy these are cars to lease.

Also, my question was to scal_air and it still stands, what is 'missable' regarding the HA functionality?

that's right - you have about 1-2 minutes to decide to get a car when inventory is available so you don't have time to analyze everything. Adaptive is the most important thing and it works well; just very odd the basic lane keeping is not part of it. And these aren't cars to buy these are cars to lease.

Also, my question was to scal_air and it still stands, what is 'missable' regarding the HA functionality?

When I first got my Touring with DDPro, I quickly found that adaptive cruise control gave me better efficiency ( ie more miles) than driving without. I found that the 360 view was very helpful for parking. As you pointed out, lane centering is part of HA. I pretty much drove for 9 months without trying HA and when I did, I couldn't toggle it on. Turns out, there was some calibration error present since delivery that prevented me from going into HA. I waited an additional 3 months to have it looked at because I wanted to wait and get the annual service at the same time because it needed to be done at the service center. I also had the rear trunk latch realigned. Now that I can engage HA, I still rarely use it - a combination of my own preferences/prejudices and the local heavy traffic. If you are used to the automated lane centering, I suppose you maybe disappointed but for me..🤷‍♂️

OK I'm confused as to whether my Touring has Highway Assist or not. My vehicle has DreamDrive Premium. I believe my sales person, on the run through the car said it did, but this morning when I attempted to enable it on a highway, I just got Adaptive Cruise. It's possible it's not supported on the road I was on, but googling and this forum seems to suggest HA is only available on Pro. But I also found some threads where it was mentioned its part of DreamDrive basic?!?

Sorry for the Noob question.
It works only on interstate highways and some us highways or state highways.

It works only on interstate highways and some us highways or state highways.
When I first got my Touring with DDPro, I quickly found that adaptive cruise control gave me better efficiency ( ie more miles) than driving without. I found that the 360 view was very helpful for parking. As you pointed out, lane centering is part of HA. I pretty much drove for 9 months without trying HA and when I did, I couldn't toggle it on. Turns out, there was some calibration error present since delivery that prevented me from going into HA. I waited an additional 3 months to have it looked at because I wanted to wait and get the annual service at the same time because it needed to be done at the service center. I also had the rear trunk latch realigned. Now that I can engage HA, I still rarely use it - a combination of my own preferences/prejudices and the local heavy traffic. If you are used to the automated lane centering, I suppose you maybe disappointed but for me..🤷‍♂️
I see thanks! And glad you mentioned trunk latch. My trunk, within first day, already makes weird crunchy noises and one time even stopped responding and I had to slam it shut manually. Weird.

Back