DreamDrive Premium at a DreamDrive Pro Price?

How about making the UI more robust first?? Focus on fixing the bugs and then add in the highly requested features that the majority of owners want.

How are you going to develop DDP for anyone to trust if you can’t write a software that can reliably control my rear sunshade? Does anyone’s rear sunshade control not work consistently or is it just on my car???

How about making the UI more robust first?? Focus on fixing the bugs and then add in the highly requested features that the majority of owners want.

How are you going to develop DDP for anyone to trust if you can’t write a software that can reliably control my rear sunshade? Does anyone’s rear sunshade control not work consistently or is it just on my car???
Umm….. Never had an issue with any of the shades in 2+ years of ownership. Have you spoken to customer care about it?

I think it’s just you. I’ve never seen anyone here post anything about sunshade control before. Except that some folks accidentally raise and lower their side sunshades when they mean to open or close their windows. But that’s user error.

The rear sunshade works perfectly for every time.

Umm….. Never had an issue with any of the shades in 2+ years of ownership. Have you spoken to customer care about it?
I plan on it. I have to hit the rear sunshade button on the screen like 10 times for something to happen. I don’t get it.

We have different definitions of 'basic stuff'. Highway Assist works great, and steers well, and I have no issues with it, so it suits my needs. Sure, I'm looking forward to Lane Change Assist and Highway Pilot, but I happen to be fine with HA for now.
I'm really surprised to hear that you think Highway Assist works well, unless you regularly travel straight, highly improved roads with no on/off ramps interrupting the lane markings. Anything less than that and the car, while it usually stays in the lane, must pretty much look like a drunk driver up ahead. Add a significant curve, a cross-wind, or interrupt a lane marker, and the car is often all over the place. Keeping one's eyes on the road is of course a must, but the constant dings to pay attention, when I AM paying attention, is annoying. More annoying yet is the crazy way you must constantly apply pressure adjustments to the steering wheel in an unsuccessful effort to stop the 'hands off' alert. Put it all together, and it's earlier and less stressful to just give up and drive the car, so what's the point of it all?

I love the car, and as such, I get the desire to overlook its shortcomings, but shortcomings they are. And these marginal features are not remotely approaching autonomous driving. I think we have a right to expect something better by now. Perhaps I'm wrong.

I plan on it. I have to hit the rear sunshade button on the screen like 10 times for something to happen. I don’t get it.

Have service take a look; this is not the normal experience.

I'm really surprised to hear that you think Highway Assist works well, unless you regularly travel straight, highly improved roads with no on/off ramps interrupting the lane markings. Anything less than that and the car, while it usually stays in the lane, must pretty much look like a drunk driver up ahead. Add a significant curve, a cross-wind, or interrupt a lane marker, and the car is often all over the place.
I have not had the same experience. It stays in the lane without a problem for me, and doesn’t waver, on curves and even when ramps are upcoming.

It *used* to get confused by on/off ramps, and I’m always watchful, but it hasn’t in many updates now.

Keeping one's eyes on the road is of course a must, but the constant dings to pay attention, when I AM paying attention, is annoying. More annoying yet is the crazy way you must constantly apply pressure adjustments to the steering wheel in an unsuccessful effort to stop the 'hands off' alert.
The way I hold the wheel (hand at 9 o clock, elbow on the windowsill) prevents the nagging - and this just happens to be how I have always held the wheel in all my cars. It only nags me like once every 5-10 minutes when I hold it the way I do, so again… different experience.

Put it all together, and it's earlier and less stressful to just give up and drive the car, so what's the point of it all?
I mean, I do love driving the car, so mostly I drive the car. But I often use HA in heavy traffic, because it rarely comes to an actual full stop (we get lots of stop and go, but rarely have parking lots on highways in the Bay Area). I also use it often in the mornings on long drives when I haven’t had my coffee yet, or it hasn’t kicked in, because it’s helpful in paying attention by letting me focus on slightly fewer things.

I love the car, and as such, I get the desire to overlook its shortcomings, but shortcomings they are. And these marginal features are not remotely approaching autonomous driving. I think we have a right to expect something better by now. Perhaps I'm wrong.
I promise I’m not trying to overlook its shortcomings. Could it be better? Absolutely.

I just don’t have an issue with HA. Really.

Have service take a look; this is not the normal experience.

I have not had the same experience. It stays in the lane without a problem for me, and doesn’t waver, on curves and even when ramps are upcoming.

It *used* to get confused by on/off ramps, and I’m always watchful, but it hasn’t in many updates now.

The way I hold the wheel (hand at 9 o clock, elbow on the windowsill) prevents the nagging - and this just happens to be how I have always held the wheel in all my cars. It only nags me like once every 5-10 minutes when I hold it the way I do, so again… different experience.

I mean, I do love driving the car, so mostly I drive the car. But I often use HA in heavy traffic, because it rarely comes to an actual full stop (we get lots of stop and go, but rarely have parking lots on highways in the Bay Area). I also use it often in the mornings on long drives when I haven’t had my coffee yet, or it hasn’t kicked in, because it’s helpful in paying attention by letting me focus on slightly fewer things.

I promise I’m not trying to overlook its shortcomings. Could it be better? Absolutely.

I just don’t have an issue with HA. Really.

I can certainly see how HA would work well for you in heavy, slow moving traffic, although I wonder how it would perform in the far right lane, with a lot of merging traffic. Middle lanes at least address a lot of that, as well as the often interrupted lane line markings at on/off ramps.

I'm really surprised to hear that you think Highway Assist works well, unless you regularly travel straight, highly improved roads with no on/off ramps interrupting the lane markings. Anything less than that and the car, while it usually stays in the lane, must pretty much look like a drunk driver up ahead. Add a significant curve, a cross-wind, or interrupt a lane marker, and the car is often all over the place. Keeping one's eyes on the road is of course a must, but the constant dings to pay attention, when I AM paying attention, is annoying. More annoying yet is the crazy way you must constantly apply pressure adjustments to the steering wheel in an unsuccessful effort to stop the 'hands off' alert. Put it all together, and it's earlier and less stressful to just give up and drive the car, so what's the point of it all?

They are trying to sell cars, they didn’t expect the downturn in EV sentiment, Covid, inflation etc….if all was well, I’m sure they would have invested more into dream drive pro. Why would they spend on something that is not a feature that will sell more cars? Lucid needs to put everything into the Gravity and let the software trickle down to the Air.

Companies survival depends on Gravity not dream drive pro!

I never trust these autonomous cars, why put your life in something that doesn’t work 100%….just my opinion.

I can certainly see how HA would work well for you in heavy, slow moving traffic, although I wonder how it would perform in the far right lane, with a lot of merging traffic. Middle lanes at least address a lot of that, as well as the often interrupted lane line markings at on/off ramps.
My DE basically lives in the left lane because I like driving fast lol. I only use the right lane when exiting or entering, but we have plenty of left lane merges/ramps/exits.

Yeah I live in the left lane, too. Another issue is with lane splitting motorcycles in California. I can see or hear them coming and I try to bias the car to the left. It continues to try and center and probably makes the motorcyclists uneasy.

My DE basically lives in the left lane because I like driving fast lol. I only use the right lane when exiting or entering, but we have plenty of left lane merges/ramps/exits.
I go 55 in the left lane.

Back