• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wouldn't the BMS be running in all of the modes? Or is it trying to do a better job optimizing the battery in sprint mode (if so, is the same true in swift mode too)?
I suspect there are also other settings (e.g. regen, etc) that affect the battery usage in non-Smooth mode.
It would be nice to have a 3 column chart of all the settings that are modified by each mode (and effects such as the battery usage).
Smooth and Swift have same horsepower; only suspension and steering different.

I'm reading speculation and guesswork rather than knowledge about how these modes actually differ.

I’m starting to get concerned as I’m still averaging about 2.4-2.5 KWh pretty consistently. That equates to barely 60% or about 285 miles of range. I really expected the car to realistically be in the 350-375 Mile area of range. I do live on a steep hill ( about 500 feet elevation) that I travel twice a day going to and from work but I’m not goosing the car nearly what I used to in the first heady month of ownership. I also don’t always put it back in the garage but it hasn’t been that hot in the north east. I now have 3100 miles on the car so it should be fairly broken in.I’m running the 21 inch rims and tires. Any suggestions?
my daily change in elevation is 1500' ... down is amazing @6.4 all the way, and back up is harsher .... but invariably my school run used to end at 2.9-3.3 average for the trip (20-30miles)

for me the "change" occurred at 3600miles.

the other big change was charging at HOME not at the DC fast charger - which has a significant tax immediately after charging

I have 21s

the other big change was charging at HOME not at the DC fast charger - which has a significant tax immediately after charging.

Was home charging significant tax or DC charger?

my daily change in elevation is 1500' ... down is amazing @6.4 all the way, and back up is harsher .... but invariably my school run used to end at 2.9-3.3 average for the trip (20-30miles)

the other big change was charging at HOME not at the DC fast charger - which has a significant tax immediately after charging

I have 21s
I’m getting about the same average right now 2.8 -3.2 (19” wheels). Short trips take a toll due to the loss with the BMS fans. Longer trips should show a better average due to that. (All my driving, except the way home from the delivery center have been short trips).

I have charged both at EA (Once) and at home (twice). It was actually the home charging that lost the charge while sitting From 80% to 77% within a few hours after the charge. Again, BMS fans are likely the culprit. My fast charge was done on the road and I drove for another 30’. I think that is the difference. When I got home, the loss was not evident overnight.

I ran a limited trial on supercharger vs home. Trying to keep all variables the same I averaged 3.0coming off home charging and 2.5 coming off the supercharger running from 85 to 15 percent. Could it really be that simple?

I ran a limited trial on supercharger vs home. Trying to keep all variables the same I averaged 3.0coming off home charging and 2.5 coming off the supercharger running from 85 to 15 percent. Could it really be that simple?
On my road trip to Maine I home level 2 charged to 90% before leaving, then EA 150kw charged on the way back (pulled 180kw off of it), and got 4.0 mi/kwh the whole trip. Not sure if home charging vs DC fast affects efficiency that much.

Attachments

• E52BBB48-9E02-42BD-9C5C-BB624C3AFA3C.jpeg
    E52BBB48-9E02-42BD-9C5C-BB624C3AFA3C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
On my road trip to Maine I home level 2 charged to 90% before leaving, then EA 150kw charged on the way back (pulled 180kw off of it), and got 4.0 mi/kwh the whole trip. Not sure if home charging vs DC fast affects efficiency that much.
Should not affect driving efficiency. Perhaps more the efficiency when calculating how much charge is lost when sitting in the garage due to the BMS fans.

Just did 110 miles today at 3.7 mi/kW (GT on 21s)-- that's about 89% EPA.

If you recall from my prior posts, I previously NEVER saw above 3.1 no matter what I did. Getting over 1,500 miles and v1.2.6 definitely have improved things. I've even seen over 4 on occasion. Car appears to be calculating differently and more accurately now (for example, my kW used number used to blink between 5 and whatever number it was actually on).

Overall, very encouraging improvements. For everyone getting sub-3, hang in there!

(for example, my kW used number used to blink between 5 and whatever number it was actually on).
LOL
I have this too
My car does this as well. In the trip display “Since last charge,” it will blink between some low number of kWh and then the real number. So I’m not crazy then. Is perhaps the low number the kWh not used driving and the other is total used since last charge?

My mi/kWh is extremely low in “since last charged” department, it’s like 1.1 only. But when I reset going out to drive, it’s somewhere between 2.9 ~ 3.4 miles depends on time of day. Garage is sucking out all my efficiency. My garage door is facing East, it has a window facing street that I recent removed that tree blocking that window view. Grrrrr…. Now I’m thinking about how to cool this garage.

My car does this as well. In the trip display “Since last charge,” it will blink between some low number of kWh and then the real number. So I’m not crazy then. Is perhaps the low number the kWh not used driving and the other is total used since last charge?
I've sent customer services a video ... acknowledged but no resolution yet

I've sent customer services a video ... acknowledged but no resolution yet
Let us know what they say about it.

My mi/kWh is extremely low in “since last charged” department, it’s like 1.1 only. But when I reset going out to drive, it’s somewhere between 2.9 ~ 3.4 miles depends on time of day. Garage is sucking out all my efficiency. My garage door is facing East, it has a window facing street that I recent removed that tree blocking that window view. Grrrrr…. Now I’m thinking about how to cool this garage.
Are you charging at home and overnight? If you can, try and charge less often or only when you are going to drive immediately after. It makes a big difference in loss. You shouldn't have anything more than the 1-3 mi loss overnight that way. One of the great things about this car is that you don't have to charge often. Last time I charged was 2 weeks ago and I still have 40+% range left and loss has been negligible.

Typo, I meant my garage door is facing WEST.
Are you charging at home and overnight? If you can, try and charge less often or only when you are going to drive immediately after. It makes a big difference in loss. You shouldn't have anything more than the 1-3 mi loss overnight that way. One of the great things about this car is that you don't have to charge often. Last time I charged was 2 weeks ago and I still have 40+% range left and loss has been negligible.
I only charge in EA station at the moment which is 3 miles away from home. I have ordered electrician to install 220 in garage and have been waiting. I noticed if I just charge in EA and come home park right away, for sure the huge phantom drain will happen. I don’t charge much, only charge up to 80% ~ 85%, they last me awhile. I also enjoy going to EA station check out other kind of EVs.

Typo, I meant my garage door is facing WEST.

I only charge in EA station at the moment which is 3 miles away from home. I have ordered electrician to install 220 in garage and have been waiting. I noticed if I just charge in EA and come home park right away, for sure the huge phantom drain will happen. I don’t charge much, only charge up to 80% ~ 85%, they last me awhile. I also enjoy going to EA station check out other kind of EVs.
You may find that if you lock the car immediately after exiting with the fob the phantom loss will be less. That has been my experience.

You may find that if you lock the car immediately after exiting with the fob the phantom loss will be less. That has been my experience.
Hey, I think you may be on to something. Before I went oversea, I was strictly using fob. That entire time only drained 11% over 27 days sleeping in garage. After I got back with 1.2.6 and 1.2.7 update and mobile 1.16 update, I started not bothering with fob and just carry phone in and out and let it sleep on its own, it drain 2-3% daily. Obviously aside from changing my behavior, there is also weather difference. When I left country, it was 84F, now is 105F.

Back