How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have one of the first Pure AWD at 11000 miles but I'm only getting 3.37 mi/kwh average. Most of my trips have been 3.2 mi/kwh mixed but mostly city driving in Los Angeles, Southern California. At 70mph HA, I get 3.4-3.6 mi/kwh on average. How are you getting such good numbers??

Because he enjoys sitting in Los Angeles city traffic. 😜

I have one of the first Pure AWD at 11000 miles but I'm only getting 3.37 mi/kwh average. Most of my trips have been 3.2 mi/kwh mixed but mostly city driving in Los Angeles, Southern California. At 70mph HA, I get 3.4-3.6 mi/kwh on average. How are you getting such good numbers??
This sounds very similar to the efficiency numbers I am getting in my Pure for the past 2,200 miles.

My commute is relatively flat from the Marina Del Rey to DTLA, and not really punching it between lights. I maintain tire psi between 49/50.

Driving on a state or US 2-lane type highway, flat terrain, cruise control at 55 mph, I have achieved 4.8 and above.

ICE’s achieve top efficiency usually 45-55 mph mainly due to transmission gearing.

EV’s have no such problem so the laws of physics prevail, which includes wind resistance. EPA and other EV efficiency tests show EV highway efficiency is lower than city driving especially with regen.

11200 miles - 4.9mi/kWh. i'm not sure if this accurate though because last time i did the math i would've gotten around 424miles per charge. i also swapped my tires around 5k mark from 21" to 19". not sure if that was accounted here 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• PXL_20231121_170104640.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231121_170104640.MP.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 54
11200 miles - 4.9mi/kWh. i'm not sure if this accurate though because last time i did the math i would've gotten around 424miles per charge. i also swapped my tires around 5k mark from 21" to 19". not sure if that was accounted here 🤷‍♂️
4.9 m/kwh is pretty hard to believe for lifetime driving. Are you sure that is correct?

I get about 3.9 m/kwh in my Touring with 19 inch tires and metal roof. So pretty efficient. And I drive pretty normal.

4.9 m/kwh is pretty hard to believe for lifetime driving. Are you sure that is correct?

I get about 3.9 m/kwh in my Touring with 19 inch tires and metal roof. So pretty efficient. And I drive pretty normal.
agree. something is off with their calculation.

I'm sadly data-obsessed, one might say...so one day in I'm getting 4.9 but ALL city driving. LOL. I am so excited to see how this evolves.

I'm guessing I will get around 4.5 usually, and then around 2.8 on road trips.

I'm sadly data-obsessed, one might say...so one day in I'm getting 4.9 but ALL city driving. LOL. I am so excited to see how this evolves.

I'm guessing I will get around 4.5 usually, and then around 2.8 on road trips.
my Pure does better on highway and worse in city, are you getting better mileage in. the city?

That looks like you are going downhill then get on flatbed tow truck back to top of hill, then repeat x100.

my Pure does better on highway and worse in city, are you getting better mileage in. the city?

All my EVs are better in city than in the highway, especially 75mph+.

Lucid Pure with 20" wheels AWD - using my history average range per kWh. On road trips, I plug in my last range (miles per kWh) to doublecheck the navigator's estimate after charging.
View attachment 15878
I’ve got the same config as you and I am only getting about 200mi with 80% charge. Car is only about 10 days old. Am I crazy or is that way below spec?

I’ve got the same config as you and I am only getting about 200mi with 80% charge. Car is only about 10 days old. Am I crazy or is that way below spec?
Please take a few moments to read the many threads here on the forum that speak about this as well as the FAQs at www.lucidupdates.com.

A pure with 20 inch wheels gets 384 miles based on EPA calculation. If you drive a bit aggressive enjoying the speed of the car, you would get about 70% of EPA, depending on other things like temperature, elevation increases, etc. 70% of 384 is 269. If you charge to 80%, then you can get 215 miles of range. Look at your trip computer to see how your efficiency is going. You are probably getting 3 or 3.1 m/kwh. Remember the since last charge tracking also includes kWh lost while the car is sleeping or sitting around. So track your efficiency with trip A or B. I leave one as my lifetime efficiency and only play with the other.

If you want to test, drive your car on smooth mode, with high gen (high gen is best for efficiency), and drive it without accelerating rapidly and try to not speed. If you do that, you should get closer to 4 m/kwh. Do it for like a day or so to compare your efficiency. If you get 4 m/kwh in your car an 80% charge should get you about 280 miles.

But, who wants to drive like that? Haha

Not sure how many people would notice, but a big change occurred in the "estimated miles remaining at end of journey" reading. As of the last update (.42) I noticed a large improvement. I live at 9,000 ft. elevation just inside of the Rockies near the flatlands. Yesterday (my first trip up the hill after the update) I noticed it predicted my car would lose 53 miles of range on the 16-mile drive home. It's estimate was off by only ONE mile. Previously this was NOT the case. Now I'm preparing to go back down the hill and I put it in my navigation screen and it predicts I'll arrive at my destination with 23 MORE miles than is currently on the range indicator(!). This means that the nav software now takes in to account elevation changes. It's a 3,700 ft. climb to my house from town. It used to predict I'd lose only the 17 miles in the climb, not the case anymore. Nice work. Thumbs up.

Air Grand Touring with 19” tires, aero covers removed. I live in eastern PA. Rolling hills. We drive 75% suburban routes, 25% highway. Lifetime (6000 mi) efficiency with our admittedly heavy right feet is 3.4mi/kw

Air GT here... 19" wheels, lots of mountain driving very little freeway, mostly around town 30 to 50mph, light foot on the pedal. Lifetime efficiency since new (1,700 miles) exactly 4.0 miles per kwh.

Back