How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
When I drive carefully and within 2-3 mph of the speed limit I get 4.2 kWh/m very consistently. Midwest mostly flat terrain, 40 deg temps. Than is about 90% of rated efficiency.

Drove exactly 198 miles (N. Virginia to Charlottesville). Car charged to 464 miles. Beautiful weather, therefore no AC/Heat, no massager, no cooling or heating of seats, opened the windows occasionally when the speed limit went down to 45 or lower. Used Active Cruise and Highway Assist most of the way. Stayed no more than 7 miles of posted speed limit when at 55 mph or higher. I have done this trip four times with the Lucid in very cold to mildly cold to very nice spring weather.

This trip I got exactly 200 miles remaining out of 464 miles at the start and I drove 198 miles. The car used 264 miles to get us there. About a 25% difference.

I just drive! On a 4 lane freeway, I'm the guy in the 2nd from the left lane, using the far left lane to pass when needed, interior temp is on auto/sync and at a comfortable temp, and the music plays my favorite tunes. This vehicle is not made to drive like you are driving Miss Daisy. Don't overthink, enjoy. 😎

I just drive! On a 4 lane freeway, I'm the guy in the 2nd from the left lane, using the far left lane to pass when needed, interior temp is on auto/sync and at a comfortable temp, and the music plays my favorite tunes. This vehicle is not made to drive like you are driving Miss Daisy. Don't overthink, enjoy. 😎
If you are referring to my earlier post, I have driven on extended trips enough to know that I am not getting what is advertised and wanted to make sure it wasn't my driving. That is why I decided to control the environment and my driving as much as possible to see if I get anything close to the rated mileage. If were - 10% not a big deal, but -25% is not good. Unfortunately, it's extremely hard to drive at or below speed limit to test this since drivers in Virginia have no patience.

Reactions: DBV
If you are referring to my earlier post, I have driven on extended trips enough to know that I am not getting what is advertised and wanted to make sure it wasn't my driving. That is why I decided to control the environment and my driving as much as possible to see if I get anything close to the rated mileage. If were - 10% not a big deal, but -25% is not good. Unfortunately, it's extremely hard to drive at or below speed limit to test this since drivers in Virginia have no patience.
With my "just drive" mode of operating, I am getting 3.2 kWh/m. The is a combo of freeway and local road driving. Air Touring, 21in wheels.

Anyone can do whatever they want for their personal enjoyment. Any day. Any moment.

To drive with great finesse to extract the greatest efficiency from this vehicle is an art form. It takes some skill. That is a legitimate endeavor and it is very cool in its own right.

To goose it when entering a highway and blowing away the jerk who does not let you merge, that is also very cool. Try the 45-85 acceleration zone sometime. 😁

The point is, this is a great, maybe even a phenomenal vehicle. Everyone is free to enjoy the various dimensions of that as it tickles your fancy any given day, or any given moment.

Just driving around town with temperatures improving I am getting lot better mileage. Today 13.7 mile trip to work I got 3.7 miles/KWH whereas before I would get 2.8 miles/KWH. Never knew weather played such a big role in efficiency. I am interested in the Gravity but want to order it only if they have a heat pump. With bigger volume to heat and cool in the gravity more HVAC efficiency I think is important.

I thought I'd post an update here.

Touring
Driven for 3 &1/2 months (every month I'm putting on more miles).

What I've noticed that matters most is outdoor temp. Now that it's 70-90 degrees here (low 55-65), I've notice improvement without changing any driving style. In fact, I drive less "efficiently now" than I did during the mild winter (I'm in Nevada). During the winter, I was getting about 3.4.

I should add all of my driving is "suburbs" in style & range. Rarely am I on the freeway.

Trip A: When I enabled High Regen braking
Trip B: Lifetime

Since Last Charge: I've always viewed as meaningless because it includes phantom drain, and so is not an accurate predictor of driving mileage efficiency and thus range.

Attachments

• PXL_20230414_013248365.jpg
    PXL_20230414_013248365.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 96
What's the highest anyone has achieved on a fairly decent drive of about 100 miles at least ?
I'm guessing 4.6-4.7 range is the maximum we can extract right ?

What's the highest anyone has achieved on a fairly decent drive of about 100 miles at least ?
I'm guessing 4.6-4.7 range is the maximum we can extract right ?

I just did a 200 mile drive through the mountains of Idaho and Wyoming last week and got 4.6 m/kWh
Pretty damn awesome!!

Attachments

• IMG_9049.jpeg
    IMG_9049.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
I just did a 200 mile drive through the mountains of Idaho and Wyoming last week and got 4.6 m/kWh
Pretty damn awesome!!

What kind of speed were you doing to achieve that? I can’t even imagine, not here in Southern California.

What kind of speed were you doing to achieve that? I can’t even imagine, not here in Southern California.

The conditions were ideal , with temperatures in the upper 60s. I ranged from 50-65 mph, which is also ideal. The roads are curvy and 2 lanes , so traveling at higher speed isn’t really an option.
On my way out, I gained about 1400 feet of elevation and naturally lost it on the way back. I was really amazed at my efficiency on this trip.

The conditions were ideal , with temperatures in the upper 60s. I ranged from 50-65 mph, which is also ideal. The roads are curvy and 2 lanes , so traveling at higher speed isn’t really an option.
On my way out, I gained about 1400 feet of elevation and naturally lost it on the way back. I was really amazed at my efficiency on this trip.

Good on you! Now I know the speeds I should be shooting for. We do have a back roads less than 30 minutes away from the city. I should drive them one afternoon, and check on my efficiency then. Thanks for your data points.

Good on you! Now I know the speeds I should be shooting for. We do have a back roads less than 30 minutes away from the city. I should drive them one afternoon, and check on my efficiency then. Thanks for your data points.

You are welcome. It is possible to get those numbers but conditions have to be just right. I didn’t really use much AC and it was just one of those perfect days for a cruise through the hills. When I drive faster my numbers naturally drop, but even so, the range is more than enough . Forgot to mention; have a GT with 19 inch wheels.

Last edited:
You are welcome. It is possible to get those numbers but conditions have to be just right. I didn’t really use much AC and it was just one of those perfect days for a cruise through the hills. When I drive faster my numbers naturally drop, but even so, the range is more than enough . Forgot to mention; have a GT with 19 inch wheels.

I tried hard and got 3.8 mi/kWh, I’m GT 21”.

But my life time 11k miles is 3.0 mi/kWh.

I had 21s for 18k miles averaging 3.1mi/kwh. I've had 19s for the past 300 miles and am averaging 3.6mi/kwh with those. So for 21s I've been getting 81% of EPA and on the 19s I've been getting 90% of EPA.

Pretty damn awesome!!
I just completed a 1,600 mile drive from Ft. Lauderdale to Cleveland, Ohio, then on to DC, a mix of mostly highway but around town driving too. I admit, not good at going slow, because the long range eliminates range anxiety. I averaged only 3.3m/kWh, so getting 350 to 410 miles of range at highway speeds. Only one section of the route was worrying, West Virginia. No chargers in those "hills of the ignorant". Met several EV owners that had to take long routes around because of a lack of range. I was able to cross WVa with no problem. Didn't see a single Taycan on the highway, their lack of range relegates them to being city cars.

Back