• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Another trip from FL -> Georgia. @TheNewAero_Alexander maybe added a 0.1 difference to my normal efficiency (not much and barely noticeable).
I'm at 21k miles and very similar results. I haven't reset Trip A or B in awhile. They bounce between 2.9 and 3.0.

Attachments

• IMG_1116.jpeg
    IMG_1116.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 86
Here is a screenshot after 20k miles , 17k on 19s. My mileage has been getting better. As I stated before between more conservative driving, 19s, better weather and breaking in I’m doing pretty good
IMG_5914.jpeg

Completed the beach trip I mentioned above to the Outer Banks, NC. Air GT, 19" with Aero blades removed, 4 adult passengers, luggage, cooler, golf clubs loaded to the gills. 92* temp, clear, slight breeze, traveling with or faster than traffic at 60-75 mph, air conditioning running. Stopped in Newport News, VA at about 250 mile mark as last EA available before the "ion dessert" and was very suprised to see that I was at 4.0 mi/kwh after leaving home at 100% SOC. Did find a couple EVGo locations to keep me going later on. Return trip not as successful with heavy rain, lots of slow downs/stop and go. Stopped in Fredericksburg VA on way back home at EA 150w charging station and was pulling 174kw. managed 3.8 mi/kWh returning. All in all very pleased.

Completed the beach trip I mentioned above to the Outer Banks, NC. Air GT, 19" with Aero blades removed, 4 adult passengers, luggage, cooler, golf clubs loaded to the gills. 92* temp, clear, slight breeze, traveling with or faster than traffic at 60-75 mph, air conditioning running. Stopped in Newport News, VA at about 250 mile mark as last EA available before the "ion dessert" and was very suprised to see that I was at 4.0 mi/kwh after leaving home at 100% SOC. Did find a couple EVGo locations to keep me going later on. Return trip not as successful with heavy rain, lots of slow downs/stop and go. Stopped in Fredericksburg VA on way back home at EA 150w charging station and was pulling 174kw. managed 3.8 mi/kWh returning. All in all very pleased.
Any significant elevation between locations? I noticed that has a big impact on efficiency, but then again, I was driving through some mountain ranges.

Not much, reside at 640' elevation going to sea level......
That might help explain my mileage as that is nearly the elevation I go through in my first mile to work with a 200 foot hill in the second to third mile. Mile four and five are flat. And I do this twice a day as I come home for lunch. However Lucids regen on the high setting is much stronger than my old model S. It will stop me on some of the steepest hills if I let it. That must help some but I know recapturing that energy is not 100 percent efficient.

My range so far on Lucid granted I am in Arizona and got car in June so it’s been only summer weather with it now being around 100-110 highs for us.

Lucid Air Grand Touring
20 inch Vossen wheels after market

I don’t have any efficient aero covers
IMG_9693.jpeg
IMG_9410.jpeg

My range so far on Lucid granted I am in Arizona and got car in June so it’s been only summer weather with it now being around 100-110 highs for us.

Lucid Air Grand Touring

View attachment 14184View attachment 14185
Speed and driving style are the number one determinants of range. Do an experiment: drive very gently, feathering the throttle during acceleration, and limit yourself to a maximum of 65 mph. Do that for about 50 miles after resetting and see what your efficiency is.

Speed and driving style are the number one determinants of range. Do an experiment: drive very gently, feathering the throttle during acceleration, and limit yourself to a maximum of 65 mph. Do that for about 50 miles after resetting and see what your efficiency is.
That’s not really possible 90% of my commute is freeways where minimum speed is 65mph most people go 80+

It's the same for ICE vehicles. The faster you go and harder you push the car, it uses more fuel (energy) and you'll never hit the EPA estimates for that car. The only problem I have is how the software calculates and shows me what my range in miles are which I don't trust and may never trust because how I use it that day. SOC% for the win like my other battery powered items I use daily like my phone, laptop, watch, earphones, etc.

Was getting 3.6mi/kwh, acc set to 73, DEP with 19s

Been averaging 3.6 to 3.8 mi/kwh in warm weather with air conditioning rolling on 19-inch wheels in my Touring in mixed local and freeway driving. At 60 mph with little wind and no significant elevation changes I can achieve 4.2 mi/kwh.
My main complaint is not with my Lucid's efficiency, but with how all EVs are rated. There should be a notice with all EVs that the last 15-10 percent of the charge should only be used in an emergency and not included when calculating range.

Lol I get 2.5. But that’s because I drive it like I stole it because it’s fun.

When trying (or road tripping, sometimes) I can get 3.5-4.0 on the 21s. It ain’t fun tho with 1111HP haha

4.2-4.4 in the flat Midwest at 75F and 75 mph.

3.3 in flat Florida at 96F and 75mph.

Lucid Air Grand Touring

View attachment 14184View attachment 14185
Regarding aero wheels, think about this. At 80mph, the top edge of the tire in motion is traveling through the air at 160 mph. The forward velocity plus the rotational velocity. Think about how big an impact aerodynamics has at 160 mph. Now the wheel itself is a few inches below the outer tire edge and therefore moving at less velocity than 160 mph, but the point still holds. The efficiency impact of aero wheels can be significant.

To be clear, on 19s I get much much better. Like 3.5-4.5 depending on how heavy my foot is. But I don’t go nuts on the 19s, as they’re not as sticky and thus not as fun.

For road trips and the winter they’re great, though.

I am hearing from a lot of owners that they are getting no where near the estimated range published on the Lucid Motors site. I know this is not uncommon of any EV, including Tesla. But I am curious what range you are actually getting with your "normal" driving - however you normally drive.
I’m in Canada. Now in the summer about 65% in the winter I was getting about 35%

Back