• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wow... You must be in the coastal plains of OC somewhere. Mild temps, flat roads and not a lot of start/stops. Very impressive!
Thanks! I drive on PCH about 60% of the time, between OC and Torrance (close to the Lucid Studio there), and on the 405 about 40% of the time, so a couple of hills, but nothing too strenuous. Can have quite a bit of start/stop in Long Beach and Torrance during rush hour, so I try not to accelerate too hard when the lights turn green, even when traffic is terribly frustrating... lol!

Must be torture driving 50 MPH with all the elderly drivers in the slow lane, without any AC, and no music to listen 😜. That's impressive. I get excited if I can get 3.5 between charges.

Must be torture driving 50 MPH with all the elderly drivers in the slow lane, without any AC, and no music to listen 😜. That's impressive. I get excited if I can get 3.5 between charges.
Lol, thanks! And yes, it's horrible... nothing more than underwear for clothes when I'm driving during the summer... 😜🤣

Four thousand miles driven in my Lucid Air Touring, and achieving 4.7 miles/kWh.

Here’s the history of my range so far:
1000 miles = 4.16 miles/kWh
2000 miles = 4.46 miles/kWh
3014 miles = 4.588 miles/kWh on June 23, 2023
4000 miles = 4.700 miles/kWh on July 22, 2023

Didn’t think to take photos for recordkeeping after the first two thousand miles, but attached are the photos near/at the 3000 and 4000 miles. I’m approaching 5000 miles, so will post the result for it soon, so please stay tuned.
Wow very impressive.
What is your average speed? And where do you live? I'm assuming it's pretty flat and good temperatures year round?

Wow very impressive.
What is your average speed? And where do you live? I'm assuming it's pretty flat and good temperatures year round?
Thanks! I'm probably averaging 40-50 mph in SoCal (on PCH and the 405), driving city 60% of the time and highway about 40% of the time. There are a couple of hills along my daily route, but nothing too steep. And yes, temp is good year-round.

Four thousand miles driven in my Lucid Air Touring, and achieving 4.7 miles/kWh.

Didn’t think to take photos for recordkeeping after the first two thousand miles, but attached are the photos near/at the 3000 and 4000 miles. I’m approaching 5000 miles, so will post the result for it soon, so please stay tuned.
You are my hero. When I get my Pure AWD I want to see if I can get those kind of stats! My long term stat on my Tesla 90D (AWD) is 3.8.

Thanks! I'm probably averaging 40-50 mph in SoCal (on PCH and the 405), driving city 60% of the time and highway about 40% of the time. There are a couple of hills along my daily route, but nothing too steep. And yes, temp is good year-round.
And Edmunds goes and complains they can't get 500 mile range in their longterm Lucid. And they call themselves automobile journalists!! Should be ashamed!

And Edmunds goes and complains they can't get 500 mile range in their longterm Lucid. And they call themselves automobile journalists!! Should be ashamed!

Tom squashed any myth of sub 500 in the first few weeks of the AGT release

And here I was impressed with my 4.3m/kWh over the first 400 miles. I’m humbled.

A GT vs a T (with less weight from a smaller battery as well as less power)... a Granny Smith to Red Delicious comparison...

What speeds were you going? Elevations?
Speed was averaging 65 and I suspect any impact of elevation change was minor since my efficiency out and back was almost the same.

Which version do you have and how‘s your efficiency? BTW, 19” on mine.

Speed was averaging 65 and I suspect any impact of elevation change was minor since my efficiency out and back was almost the same.

Which version do you have and how‘s your efficiency? BTW, 19” on mine.
Don’t have the car right now, we are looking for one in inventory that matches our specs!

You are my hero. When I get my Pure AWD I want to see if I can get those kind of stats! My long term stat on my Tesla 90D (AWD) is 3.8.
Aww, thanks! I look forward to seeing your stats in the Pure.

Maybe Edmunds should hire me to do their test drives? 😜🤣

Thanks! My first 400 miles were in the 3 miles/kWh area, so you've had a better start than me.
What do you attribute the increase in efficiency to? Better technique, motors breaking in (if that’s a thing) or something else?

What do you attribute the increase in efficiency to? Better technique, motors breaking in (if that’s a thing) or something else?
I would definitely attribute to technique. Also, I started to care more about range with the Lucid after the first month of driving. Didn't care with the Tesla 3, but I managed to pushed the gen 1 Toyota Mirai from 312 miles to over 450 miles range. Have had lots of practice over the years with the Prius and Honda Insight too, so I guess it all quickly came back to me for my Lucid... lol!

Has anyone been anywhere near the 500 mile mark with the AGT?
I know it's been done with DE, but with battery chemistry being different, etc.. I wonder if it's possible with AGT? Haven't seen any tests either.

I read the Edmund review in detail, apparently they achieved 505 with their DE, but got 435 with the AGT which is why they wrote that review we all saw which wasn't that great

Has anyone been anywhere near the 500 mile mark with the AGT?
I know it's been done with DE, but with battery chemistry being different, etc.. I wonder if it's possible with AGT? Haven't seen any tests either.

I read the Edmund review in detail, apparently they achieved 505 with their DE, but got 435 with the AGT which is why they wrote that review we all saw which wasn't that great

Great question! Now I’m wondering why I or anyone else, didn’t think to ask about the 500 mile mark earlier.

Back