How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I lose 1-2% which is much higher than what you see.
I was losing that much but then I started manually locking (instead of just walking away) and moved my keys further into the house. Not sure if one or both did the trick, but overnight drain is much less.

Pushing the handle in to lock? Not using fob/app/key card.
Yea, the front part of the handle, push it in hard to lock/unlock when fob/phone are nearby

I was losing that much but then I started manually locking (instead of just walking away) and moved my keys further into the house. Not sure if one or both did the trick, but overnight drain is much less.
I reduced my drain by just moving my keys more than 10 yards away from the vehicle and not opening the app.

Has anyone used a Tesla destination charger with an adapter to charge a Lucid? Is that possible?, I’ve seen adapters out there and Tesla destination chargers(not superchargers) are more available around me than ElectrifyAmerica.

Has anyone used a Tesla destination charger with an adapter to charge a Lucid? Is that possible?, I’ve seen adapters out there and Tesla destination chargers(not superchargers) are more available around me than ElectrifyAmerica.
Just remember that the destination chargers are level 2 and not level 3 like the EA ones.

So 3821.1 Miles in a week of ownership 1321 kWh used 2.9 mi/kWh was my average mostly highway.
This morning no wind 44 degrees just off the charger I drove 47 miles never going over 55 mostly, 45 and under driving SUPER conservative, no heat, radio no heated seats or A/C
I got 3.1 mi/kWh which i think is unacceptable. If the battery were full it would be an equivalent range of 347 which is 26% less the the stated range.

I see videos of Lucid motors and other youtubers getting with in 20 miles of the stated max range. Almost 4000 miles of driving and with a lot effort, trying to get close to the max range I'm ALWAYS SHORT by at least 120 miles... Something is wrong with this car.

My tesla if I drove under 50 could easily exceed the max range stated by tesla
Hmmm, I got 3.3 mi/kWh today and that was with doing a launch in sprint mode and some hills and going 85 sometimes on the interstate combined with a lot of in town stop and go, climate set to 68 and one seat massage run. It was 51 degrees here. I think something might be wrong with your car.

I find all of this quite disheartening. Seems as though only the youtuber has gotten anywhere close to the rated miles.

I’m coming from Teslas, where I long ago had to accept that none of our Teslas would even come close to to the EPA rated numbers.

I was hoping that it would be different with the Lucid Air, but evidently it is not. This is disappointing.

I find all of this quite disheartening. Seems as though only the youtuber has gotten anywhere close to the rated miles.

I’m coming from Teslas, where I long ago had to accept that none of our Teslas would even come close to to the EPA rated numbers.

I was hoping that it would be different with the Lucid Air, but evidently it is not. This is disappointing.

I'm no expert so I'll butcher this but Tesla and Lucid do the more involved EPA testing so they get to use their raw result number as the EPA estimate.

Most other companies use an alternative method which then requires them to use just a % of the resulting number.

This is why some other car companies "beat" the EPA estimate when Lucid and Tesla are less likely to.

I'm the end, the EPA are really just meant to be used to compare cars using a standard and not as a real world estimate.

But, when comparing estimates that use the same method it is reasonable to expect the 500 mile range car to go 25% further than the 400 mile rated car (again while using the same test)

When Tom managed to go over 500 miles in the lucid it was because he was, in real world circumstances, relatively closely matching the extremely controlled conditions of the EPA tests.

Given real world variables and the EPA testing method Tesla and Lucid use they will never reach the ratings but there is no question about Lucid easily beating the range of every other EV out there now.

I think Lucid is going to have some issues with ICE owners coming over to EVs. I'm one of them, and had I not been religiously reading this board well in advance of getting the car, I would have been floored by actual range. For some reason, I have an inclination to think of EPA as pretty close to what you get. The YouTube video only helped back that up. The reality is that we don't think about range with the ICE cars. In fact, whenever I'd be running low on gas, I'd speed up to find the next gas station. But when you look at EPA estimates versus reality in ICE vehicles, I'm pretty confident you'd find the same results. My truck shows a highway EPA of 23 mpg. I'd bet it's actually closer to 16-17 with my regular driving (roughly 70%). I'm getting similar to slightly better numbers with the Lucid. Additionally, we don't charge up past 80% most times, and we don't typically let the charge go down close to empty.

The point is that when you factor 60% of the cars total charge capability (80% down to 20%) and take 70% of that (speed, AC, hills, heat/cold, etc), I get what my range will be on a given drive. Since I'm driving in the city most days, it doesn't bother me in the least. That's about 200 miles which will still be a lot more than other EVs out there. But I think there is a tendency to transfix the 516 without discounting for all of the variables above and then being disappointed even when there is no road trip planned. I still feel this way from time to time, but it's getting better. On my trip back from LA, I know that by slowing down to 75 mph and using the AC more minimally, I can get more like 0.9 actual miles for every mile of range I drop. Given that, I think it is very possible to do 85-90% of range. But I'm so used to driving ICE cars that I never bothered to look into how different variable impact EPA rating on ALL cars. And I can tell you, AC definitely plays a big role on the Lucid.

But if I modulate my thinking towards daily driving and plan a little bit for any roadtrips, it really is a decent experience from a range standpoint. Sure, I wish I could drive farther on a road trip, but I also thought I'd be able to drive more than 400 miles in the truck when I got it, and I can't. And for those of you getting 21" wheels, don't forget to discount off the 516 for that :).

I think Lucid is going to have some issues with ICE owners coming over to EVs. I'm one of them, and had I not been religiously reading this board well in advance of getting the car, I would have been floored by actual range. For some reason, I have an inclination to think of EPA as pretty close to what you get. The YouTube video only helped back that up. The reality is that we don't think about range with the ICE cars. In fact, whenever I'd be running low on gas, I'd speed up to find the next gas station. But when you look at EPA estimates versus reality in ICE vehicles, I'm pretty confident you'd find the same results. My truck shows a highway EPA of 23 mpg. I'd bet it's actually closer to 16-17 with my regular driving (roughly 70%). I'm getting similar to slightly better numbers with the Lucid. Additionally, we don't charge up past 80% most times, and we don't typically let the charge go down close to empty.

The point is that when you factor 60% of the cars total charge capability (80% down to 20%) and take 70% of that (speed, AC, hills, heat/cold, etc), I get what my range will be on a given drive. Since I'm driving in the city most days, it doesn't bother me in the least. That's about 200 miles which will still be a lot more than other EVs out there. But I think there is a tendency to transfix the 516 without discounting for all of the variables above and then being disappointed even when there is no road trip planned. I still feel this way from time to time, but it's getting better. On my trip back from LA, I know that by slowing down to 75 mph and using the AC more minimally, I can get more like 0.9 actual miles for every mile of range I drop. Given that, I think it is very possible to do 85-90% of range. But I'm so used to driving ICE cars that I never bothered to look into how different variable impact EPA rating on ALL cars. And I can tell you, AC definitely plays a big role on the Lucid.

But if I modulate my thinking towards daily driving and plan a little bit for any roadtrips, it really is a decent experience from a range standpoint. Sure, I wish I could drive farther on a road trip, but I also thought I'd be able to drive more than 400 miles in the truck when I got it, and I can't. And for those of you getting 21" wheels, don't forget to discount off the 516 for that :).

"The point is that when you factor 60% of the cars total charge capability (80% down to 20%) and take 70% of that (speed, AC, hills, heat/cold"

This is the formula. Maybe you can tweak driving minimally to get the 70% to 75-80 and as you become more comfortable drop the bottom number from 20 to 10 so you can get 3-4 hour legs on a toad trip. That is what I am shooting for with Lucid that you really cannot get with any other car.

If I had the AC on my Mercedes’ I’d drop from 34 to 28mpg, and if it was around town driving I’d get 25mpg, giving me about 280 miles of range max. The Lucid already performs better than that, driving 117 miles starting at 82% state of charge and I got 278 miles left, and that was with doing a launch, driving around town, going up and down hills over bridges, using the massage seat and temp being 54 degrees outside. So if people are wanting EVs to beat gas cars, well there you go, Lucid has done it and my numbers are good even without 70mph flat surface perfect weather controlled test.

If I had the AC on my Mercedes’ I’d drop from 34 to 28mpg, and if it was around town driving I’d get 25mpg, giving me about 280 miles of range max. The Lucid already performs better than that, driving 117 miles starting at 82% state of charge and I got 278 miles left, and that was with doing a launch, driving around town, going up and down hills over bridges, using the massage seat and temp being 54 degrees outside. So if people are wanting EVs to beat gas cars, well there you go, Lucid has done it and my numbers are good even without 70mph flat surface perfect weather controlled test.
This. I am so glad this was brought up. On top of that... You never have to worry about a partially empty tank when you wake up in the morning and have to fill up on the way to work.

I also know of Gas cars that claim a specific EPA rating, and fall short. Lucid hands down has best range, and best efficiency of power.

"The point is that when you factor 60% of the cars total charge capability (80% down to 20%) and take 70% of that (speed, AC, hills, heat/cold"

This is the formula. Maybe you can tweak driving minimally to get the 70% to 75-80 and as you become more comfortable drop the bottom number from 20 to 10 so you can get 3-4 hour legs on a toad trip. That is what I am shooting for with Lucid that you really cannot get with any other car.
And yet I am STILL told that wanting a minimum of 500 miles of range is overkill. it’s really not and the reason I have only considered the Lucid as an EV to replace our SUV for trips.

This. I am so glad this was brought up. On top of that... You never have to worry about a partially empty tank when you wake up in the morning and have to fill up on the way to work.
unless the charger software glitched and didn’t charge overnight which has happened to us once OR your spouse forgets to plug it in the night before which happens more often.

unless the charger software glitched and didn’t charge overnight which has happened to us once OR your spouse forgets to plug it in the night before which happens more often.
Admittedly, I had the primary and secondary controller fuse blow on my Volvo T8. Vehicle would not charge at all (was nice that the ICE still worked!). It was all replaced under warranty, but it definitely is still a concern for me on other EVs. FYI, I was using only the standard cable that came with my volvo for charging. So unsure what caused the FUSE issues.

Back