How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
First time trying Degenerative Braking at high setting, I read it somewhere 3 weeks ago that it can improve range. It is basically one pedal driving. I love it! Although I think it is possible to break 3.5/3.6 mi/kWh barrier, but I think it would also mean boring driving. I have 21” wheel, 3.4 mi/kWh is big improvement from 2.8~3.2 mi/kWh I used to get, I suspect as I putting up more mileage, those average would definitely keep improve.

I like how Tesla has constant graph at dashboard to show instantaneous energy economy. I don’t think it would be hard to program statistical graph, to whoever developer is reading, please make it happen like you did of other suggestions. TY!

AE71B2AE-D47E-4EEC-946A-5A7F523D299E.jpeg

This weekend, I put in 850 miles on mainly highways. I’m finding that on highways cruising at 75 to 80 mph on ACC, I get 3.5 mi/kWh. Going slower on winding roads over hills, I can get 4.0+ mi/kWh. I have a an AGT with 19” wheels. It was 90+F, so I had the AC cooling to 72F.

This is a long way off from the EPA range of 4.6 mi/kWh. But I’d go nuts if I drove like what’s expected on an EPA test.

Also, this was fun to see

CBE6219B-A6C8-4A45-ABEE-71A5DA5DD378.jpeg

Was that on a 350 kWh charger? Also, your range seems to vary between 75-85% EPA. Not super shabby I guess. Seems like that’s what can be expected from the lucid.

75% of EPA range with the freedom to drive how I want seems to be a good trade-off
Yup. I did an 800 round trip to Canada a week ago. I love the cold so the AC was set to 68 with 8 fan speed and seat fan turned on too. Used ACC virtually the whole trip and averaged 3.5 overall which was totally fine to me.

All my charging breaks on road trips, between the bathroom break, grabbing a snack or food, checking emails, talking to a person or two who inevitably asks about the car while charging have been total pleasures and no inconvenience at all.

You do get to be a spoiled brat though. I did 2 charges while in Canada at Electrify Canada. One was $12 US and the other $8 US and I felt like I was being robbed. :p

I did slightly miscalculate on the trip home since I was trying to minimize the "paid" charging in Canada purely out of principle.

The first EA charger coming south is in Lebanon/Hanover NH. With everything cranking I was going to reach it with about 20 miles range left. That was cutting it too close for me as I'm still getting used to ranges. I turned off the AC and ACC for a relatively short time and arrived with 50 miles left.

Yup. I did an 800 round trip to Canada a week ago. I love the cold so the AC was set to 68 with 8 fan speed and seat fan turned on too. Used ACC virtually the whole trip and averaged 3.5 overall which was totally fine to me.

All my charging breaks on road trips, between the bathroom break, grabbing a snack or food, checking emails, talking to a person or two who inevitably asks about the car while charging have been total pleasures and no inconvenience at all.

You do get to be a spoiled brat though. I did 2 charges while in Canada at Electrify Canada. One was $12 US and the other $8 US and I felt like I was being robbed. :p

I did slightly miscalculate on the trip home since I was trying to minimize the "paid" charging in Canada purely out of principle.

The first EA charger coming south is in Lebanon/Hanover NH. With everything cranking I was going to reach it with about 20 miles range left. That was cutting it too close for me as I'm still getting used to ranges. I turned off the AC and ACC for a relatively short time and arrived with 50 miles left.
So our Electrify America free charging doesn’t extend to Electrify Canada? Was hoping it would haha since Canadian Air owners get free Electrify Canada charging. Shame.

So our Electrify America free charging doesn’t extend to Electrify Canada? Was hoping it would haha since Canadian Air owners get free Electrify Canada charging. Shame.
Correct. I did try first just to be sure. I don't think Canadians can use EA for free either.

Yup, stall 3 at the Auburn mall. 75% of EPA range with the freedom to drive how I want seems to be a good trade-off.

I don't have mine yet but I have been figuring on getting 75% of EPA range for the stated reasons. If I wanted to have a BEV and then drive it like a Leaf, I would buy a Leaf.

Yup, stall 3 at the Auburn mall. 75% of EPA range with the freedom to drive how I want seems to be a good trade-off.
OMG, the Auburn Mall. Just had a flashback to my teenage years. :) Last time I was back in Mass (maybe 3 years ago?) I saw only 1 EV - a Mercedes B Class - in the entire week I was there. It is good to know things are changing.

I’m still stuck at mostly 2.2-2.4 with occasional forays to 2.8 or so. Just hit 2500 miles. Isn’t this supposed to be broken in around now? I’m get a little concerned as I’m running the AC a bit but running in smooth at least 2/3 of the time

Raw deal for Canadians then since the Electrify Canada network is pretty sparse at the moment!
I don’t think it is that great anywhere except California. In Dallas they have two in the boonies and since they are an hour away I personally do not know if they really exist. EA did respond to my Tweet a couple of weeks back that they will consider Dallas.

I’m still stuck at mostly 2.2-2.4 with occasional forays to 2.8 or so. Just hit 2500 miles. Isn’t this supposed to be broken in around now? I’m get a little concerned as I’m running the AC a bit but running in smooth at least 2/3 of the time
Haha I started at 3.6 and now I'm down to 3.1 over 7000 miles. Guess I have a lead foot...

CBA6B055-5CE3-404F-9EED-62DC3C881398.jpeg
OMG, the Auburn Mall. Just had a flashback to my teenage years. :) Last time I was back in Mass (maybe 3 years ago?) I saw only 1 EV - a Mercedes B Class - in the entire week I was there. It is good to know things are changing.

I was telling my wife about this legendary Lucid driver named @GEWC who could coax every possible mile per kWh out of her car. She wants to take lessons.

Also, say Hi! to the best part of the Auburn mall these days.

I don't have mine yet but I have been figuring on getting 75% of EPA range for the stated reasons. If I wanted to have a BEV and then drive it like a Leaf, I would buy a Leaf.

If going off Pure #s and not using top or bottom 20%, the range left is 183. I don’t know if that’s good or bad 😂 but I guess that’s kind of nonsense to not use the top/bottom 20% when going on longer trips, which would net around 300.

My guy set mine to 90/10 range but said use the full range when traveling long distances. All these items that you dont hear about the EPA Estimated range especially for us first time EV Owners. Still the longest range as rated by the EPA.

My guy set mine to 90/10 range but said use the full range when traveling long distances. All these items that you dont hear about the EPA Estimated range especially for us first time EV Owners. Still the longest range as rated by the EPA.
I think you hinted at it - the idea is not to hit too high or low. Too lazy to Google but what’s the logic behind not going 0 or 100%? Not that anyone should be aiming for 0% from a planning perspective but why not top off? As a theory, does anyone know if there are any built-in battery buffers (eg 100% is actually 110%)?

I think you hinted at it - the idea is not to hit too high or low. Too lazy to Google but what’s the logic behind not going 0 or 100%? Not that anyone should be aiming for 0% from a planning perspective but why not top off? As a theory, does anyone know if there are any built-in battery buffers (eg 100% is actually 110%)?
I’m not sure if there’s a solid objectively provable battery reason not to routinely charge to 100%, but I typically choose not to because it takes much longer to get from 80 to 100 then it does to get from 20 to 80.

Back