How is your after-purchase experience? Discussion for general thoughts, customer support, maintenance and resale value etc.

nasilemak

Please discuss the following 3 points:

1. Albeit the short supply, when I browsed the classified section, it seems like lucid cars are not holding its value and people are struggling to resell them. Anyone care to share their experience or thoughts in reselling?

2. Anyone ran into any issues and how has it been your experience dealing with them? Is it a huge headache and time sink when things go wrong? Or support has been great and help is accessible?

3. If above 2 are not applicable, how has it been since your Lucid ownership? Any regrets or thoughts? Mostly curious about expectations vs reality.

There are dozens of threads on all of the above. Try searching the forums :)

1. Now isn’t a good time to resell any luxury car, but the sales have ranged depending on how quickly the owners wanted to sell.

2. There are a lot of threads about the service experience, which is largely phenomenal, with the notable exception of the Riviera Beach service center which seems to be having issues at present.

3. I have zero regrets, especially with the 2.0 software. It’s the best car I’ve ever driven.

Despite the pockets of dissatisfaction ( a few justified) we see on the forums , most , including myself , are happy with the vehicle. Personally I have never driven anything that remotely approaches the level of fun and excitement I get from this car. The surreal sound is the icing in the cake. Tidal is a must to listen to hifi and Dolby Atmos.
I fortunately have not needed service, but the few times I called with questions , they were prompt, helpful and courteous .
The delivery experience was spot on and I had no fit and finish issues.
Just an overall positive for me , in every aspect thus far .

Despite the pockets of dissatisfaction ( a few justified) we see on the forums , most , including myself , are happy with the vehicle. Personally I have never driven anything that remotely approaches the level of fun and excitement I get from this car. The surreal sound is the icing in the cake. Tidal is a must to listen to hifi and Dolby Atmos.
I fortunately have not needed service, but the few times I called with questions , they were prompt, helpful and courteous .
The delivery experience was spot on and I had no fit and finish issues.
Just an overall positive for me , in every aspect thus far .
There are dozens of threads on all of the above. Try searching the forums :)

1. Now isn’t a good time to resell any luxury car, but the sales have ranged depending on how quickly the owners wanted to sell.

2. There are a lot of threads about the service experience, which is largely phenomenal, with the notable exception of the Riviera Beach service center which seems to be having issues at present.

3. I have zero regrets, especially with the 2.0 software. It’s the best car I’ve ever driven.
thanks both!

curious if the experience will be the same for the upcoming touring and pure (aside from the specs downgrade)

thanks both!

curious if the experience will be the same for the upcoming touring and pure (aside from the specs downgrade)
I would imagine it will be similar.

If you are going to get the pure or touring I would very very strongly recommend you upgrade to the Dolby Atmos speaker system, especially if you are a huge music fan. I am not exaggerating at all when I say I go for rides and make a few extra turns on my way home from work, just to listen to the system . It is that good , and for me personally , makes the experience with the car that much better. Some Atmos encoded songs just put a huge smile on my face.
Even without Atmos, Tidal master quality recordings are fantastic.

I know the main focus of the car is range , and the incredible driving experience, but the theatre surround sound is really the icing on the cake.

The surreal sound is the icing in the cake. Tidal is a must to listen to hifi and Dolby Atmos.
If you are going to get the pure or touring I would very very strongly recommend you upgrade to the Dolby Atmos speaker system, especially if you are a huge music fan. I am not exaggerating at all when I say I go for rides and make a few extra turns on my way home from work, just to listen to the system . It is that good , and for me personally , makes the experience with the car that much better. Some Atmos encoded songs just put a huge smile on my face.
Even without Atmos, Tidal master quality recordings are fantastic.
Is Tidal free when you get the car? Looking forward to the pure whenever it comes out, but have never used anything other than blutooth audio or radio in previous cars.

Absolutely ZERO regrets on this car. She is a wonderful driving car. And the range, oh how I love the range on trips. Luxurious comfort all around. Lots of room and the software gets better by the month.

Is Tidal free when you get the car? Looking forward to the pure whenever it comes out, but have never used anything other than blutooth audio or radio in previous cars.
Tidal is a subscription service and is 19.99 a month for hifi , which gets you master quality and Dolby Atmos , on selected tracks. Not all songs are encoded in master , but many are. Only some songs are Atmos encoded , but even for just a select few , it is worth it.
I ( and I think many others ) would strongly recommend getting the subscription. The master quality and Atmos make the driving experience that much better. I am now a firm believer in this quality of music and in the sound system. There is no comparison ; Bluetooth sounds boring after you have immersed yourself in Tidal’s selection. I will say that it takes a bit of fiddling to really appreciate the system and what it is capable of, but worth it. I adjusted the bass to +6 ( some like + 4), and treble and mid down a bit , but there are differing opinions on this subject.
Sorry for the extended post here, but this subject gets me excited because it can be such an incredible experience to immerse oneself in music while cruising down the road in this smooth beast of a car. I no longer even think about Carplay, but I admit, some folks really benefit from it , or android auto. Just my take!! Good luck

1. Albeit the short supply, when I browsed the classified section, it seems like lucid cars are not holding its value and people are struggling to resell them. Anyone care to share their experience or thoughts in reselling?

2. Anyone ran into any issues and how has it been your experience dealing with them? Is it a huge headache and time sink when things go wrong? Or support has been great and help is accessible?

3. If above 2 are not applicable, how has it been since your Lucid ownership? Any regrets or thoughts? Mostly curious about expectations vs reality.
1. Most cars depreciate. The economy is slowing and secondary market will follow. Why are you worried about that, anyway? This is certainly a nice car but in no way an exotic that will appreciate in value.
2. I have used the mobile service once, and it was excellent. My service technician here in San Diego, Frank, was on time, extremely knowledgeable, and fixed my (minor) concerns on the first try.
3. I absolutely love the car. I am always willing to take a chance on new technology, and I’m thrilled with my decision. If you’re the kind of person that worries about all of the stuff you’ve asked, you may be better off with an established, non-EV car/brand.

1. I agree with Borski that the used market is down.
2. Lucid support, both customer support and the Houston service center, have been great. I hope that they can keep the level of support up as more cars hit the road. I have had more repair issues than with any of our other cars, but I will chalk that up to Lucid's startup pains.
3. I enjoy driving my DE but until the software gets much better it is still a compromise. There are cabin design features that I don't like but will have to live with such as, there should be physical buttons for mirror and steering wheel adjustment, door locking and opening the glove box.

Reactions: NPN
3. I enjoy driving my DE but until the software gets much better it is still a compromise. There are cabin design features that I don't like but will have to live with such as, there should be physical buttons for mirror and steering wheel adjustment, door locking and opening the glove box.

I agree but, alas, all car makers are going in this direction. I believe there should be physical switches/buttons for those features that we would want/need to fiddle with as we drive. The rest I don't care about. Go ahead and bury them in menues.

I agree but, alas, all car makers are going in this direction. I believe there should be physical switches/buttons for those features that we would want/need to fiddle with as we drive. The rest I don't care about. Go ahead and bury them in menues.
I am sure that the reason some car makers are moving away from physical buttons is that you will, someday in the future, just get into the car and say "Alexa, take me to the office". 😇

1. I agree with Borski that the used market is down.
2. Lucid support, both customer support and the Houston service center, have been great. I hope that they can keep the level of support up as more cars hit the road. I have had more repair issues than with any of our other cars, but I will chalk that up to Lucid's startup pains.
I must admit, I would love a glovebox handle!! The lack of one, perplexes me a bit. Not a big deal, just a 🤔.

I don't get or understand the need for steering wheel and mirror adjustments to be physical switches. At least on the Lucid they are only 1 push away which I think is a good compromise. Also, the Lucid has 2 dedicated lock buttons, why do we need a physical one?

I don't get or understand the need for steering wheel and mirror adjustments to be physical switches. At least on the Lucid they are only 1 push away which I think is a good compromise. Also, the Lucid has 2 dedicated lock buttons, why do we need a physical one?
First, physical switches are a much more natural interface for these adjustments. Second, try adjusting them while driving using a touch screen.

1. Most cars depreciate. The economy is slowing and secondary market will follow. Why are you worried about that, anyway? This is certainly a nice car but in no way an exotic that will appreciate in value.
2. I have used the mobile service once, and it was excellent. My service technician here in San Diego, Frank, was on time, extremely knowledgeable, and fixed my (minor) concerns on the first try.
3. I absolutely love the car. I am always willing to take a chance on new technology, and I’m thrilled with my decision. If you’re the kind of person that worries about all of the stuff you’ve asked, you may be better off with an established, non-EV car/brand.

Frank Collins came by my house yesterday! A real pro, and a really, really nice guy. He had my problem sorted out within minutes.

Wow! Yesterday, I got a call from my 2 Seattle DAs just wanting to followup my delivery and see how I was enjoying me AGT. Shout out to both Joshua and Zaid for doing that. They also wanted to know if I was aware of the 3rd Q production numbers, which I was. They shared with me they are still swamped with deliveries and are kept hopping get them out. Such followup interest and efforts are a great reflection upon them and the rest of the Lucid team. Still lovin' my car and lovin' more and more each day!

First, physical switches are a much more natural interface for these adjustments. Second, try adjusting them while driving using a touch screen.
Yea but my question is why are these adjustments that you need to make while driving? Surely after a few drives you would have got your seat and mirrors sorted out into a position you are used to?

Yea but my question is why are these adjustments that you need to make while driving? Surely after a few drives you would have got your seat and mirrors sorted out into a position you are used to?
I stand by my statements. If you are happy without them, then so be it.

Back