Honestly, what do you miss?

PhotoEye

DE Number
I absolutely love driving my DE, but .....

I do miss
- a hook behind the driver to hang my jacket
- a handle above the passenger door for my wife to use trying to get out of the car
- a rear seat arm rest with hidden cup holders
- a turning signal arm that returns automatically to neutral once the steering wheel returns
- . . . . . . . .

These are hardware elements, so software OTAs won't change them.

What do you miss, honestly?

Wait, doesn't the turn signal always return to neutral already?

Wait, doesn't the turn signal always return to neutral already?
If you do a quick half toggle, the turn signal cycles 3 times and cuts off. If you press the turn signal fully, it will continue until you actively toggle the switch back.

It will turn off if you actually turn the wheel a half turn? But not for a lane change. At least that's how mine works!

It will turn off if you actually turn the wheel a half turn? But not for a lane change. At least that's how mine works!
A half turn is a LOT of car redirection -- way more than completing an extended lane change. Even with an intersection directional turn, I have to return it manually. I'll try a more aggressive wheel return to see what happens.

Excluding items that are software related...

* Hatchback from the Model S
* Pushing a button on the Tesla charger plug and having the charge port door automatically open
* Bigger cupholders and center console from Model S
* One big vertical screen (not a fan of the new landscape screens in the Model 3/S/etc.)-- I am hoping that Lucid can eventually make their screen(s) system superior

A half turn is a LOT of car redirection -- way more than completing an extended lane change. Even with an intersection directional turn, I have to return it manually. I'll try a more aggressive wheel return to see what happens.
Yea I'm not 100% on that half turn, but don't normally cars also stay in "turn" mode until you turn the wheel enough to disengage it?

Yea I'm not 100% on that half turn, but don't normally cars also stay in "turn" mode until you turn the wheel enough to disengage it?
Yes. It's the "enough" threshold I have not reached yet. So far, it's well past what I've been used to.

Yes. It's the "enough" threshold I have not reached yet. So far, it's well past what I've been used to.
Ahh okay, that might be something to get checked. I'll have to see how much turn disengaged it next time I drive.

Ahh okay, that might be something to get checked. I'll have to see how much turn disengaged it next time I drive.
FWIW, I haven't noticed the wheel turn amount to be any different than any other car I've driven. I usually only tap the signal to change lanes tho (versus completely engage it). I have actually been liking that the stalk returns to a neutral position because I always ended up turning on the signal in the opposite direction when trying to disengage it on other cars.

In every country I have traveled to for business I have never seen anyone eating or drinking in their cars. It appears only us Americans need a cup holder big enough for a Big Gulp…😊

The rear seat does have an armrest with cup holders? And my turn signal definitely returns to neutral when I turn
I was referring to a rear armrest with hidden cup holders, rather than the open ones in the DE. Detracts from the clean, comfort look of the rear interior lines on a night out with friends. I suppose some permanent cocktails for those passengers would be fitting? I just park small bottles of water in the holders all the time.

I was referring to a rear armrest with hidden cup holders, rather than the open ones in the DE. Detracts from the clean, comfort look of the rear interior lines on a night out with friends. I suppose some permanent cocktails for those passengers would be fitting? I just park small bottles of water in the holders all the time.
Ah. I've never owned a car with hidden cup holders in the back, so perhaps that's on me!

Ah. I've never owned a car with hidden cup holders in the back, so perhaps that's on me!
I think the S class has one that retracts into the armrest. That's what I remember on our old S55

I think the S class has one that retracts into the armrest. That's what I remember on our old S55
Yes, all of my Lexus vehicles have retracting holders in the rear armrests. Makes for a cleaner line so your passengers fingers don't drop into the holder. :)

Back