1000 miles

NCgar

Like others passing the 1000 Mile mark (AGT, 21 inch wheels delivered in Sept, 22), I thought I'd share some thoughts:

- The Drive is the defining piece of this car. It's exceptional and I believe best in class for the price point. It is by far The selling point.
- The size and weight of the car is a bit surprising- it's very wide and pushes the limits on parking and for any garage lift. Neither affect performance, which in itself is impressive.

- Range- I know this is a heavy topic on the forum and my experience is no different. I've driven Charlotte to Virginia Beach (350 miles) and can barely get there on a full charge (469 at the start). In reality with terrain and speed l get:
- 70% of stated range using adaptive at 80 mph
- 80% of stated range using adaptive at 70 mph and 85% at 60-65 mph.

Charging- I have a home EA station which works great- 34-37 mph charge. I've used the public EA's several times without issues. On a trip the last 20% of charging drops from 10-12 miles per minute to 5 or less- that is highly irritating and prob adds 10+ minutes to get to a full charge. I have tried the 110 normal home outlet adaptor on a trip and that only gets you 2 miles per hour- it's only handy if you are tight getting to a public charger.

- Software- most of my complaints have have gone away with 2.0. With that said lack of apple car play, occasional delay in 360 camera view booting up, and the need to switch off the rear camera to close the garage door via home link are still bothersome. Highway assist is also dependent on the road being mapped already in Lucid's GPS system.

- Dekivery/Quality issues- I had 3 misaligned molding pieces and a creaking steering wheel. Lucid customer service has a steering wheel on order and pics of the moldings to repair. Timing is still unknown.

Small but irritating design items-
- cup holders are too small. It's super tight to get a soda can in and cannot get a normal size water bottle.
- phone charger is unusable with a phone case. It's tight with just the phone.
- the rear arm rests are slanted so your arm rolls off it. Strange.
- having to buy the tire sealant/inflater solution and no spare tire included at this price point is poor. (Especially with tire issues throughout the forum).

Summary- I got to the point where I needed to have faith in Lucid on the quality and software issues to pull the buy trigger. I'm glad I took the leap- 2.0 is a game changer and the quality issues are minor. I've driven MB's and Porsches the last few years and this car by far is better from a performance and joy to drive perspective. The interior quality is night and day versus Tesla, with Tesla feeling overly functional and plastic-like. Finally, the design is very unique and it does garner a ton of attention.

For those of you on the line on a purchase decision, take the leap- I really do not think you'll be disappointed!

Like others passing the 1000 Mile mark (AGT, 21 inch wheels delivered in Sept, 22), I thought I'd share some thoughts:

- The Drive is the defining piece of this car. It's exceptional and I believe best in class for the price point. It is by far The selling point.
- The size and weight of the car is a bit surprising- it's very wide and pushes the limits on parking and for any garage lift. Neither affect performance, which in itself is impressive.

- Range- I know this is a heavy topic on the forum and my experience is no different. I've driven Charlotte to Virginia Beach (350 miles) and can barely get there on a full charge (469 at the start). In reality with terrain and speed l get:

Charging- I have a home EA station which works great- 34-37 mph charge. I've used the public EA's several times without issues. On a trip the last 20% of charging drops from 10-12 miles per minute to 5 or less- that is highly irritating and prob adds 10+ minutes to get to a full charge. I have tried the 110 normal home outlet adaptor on a trip and that only gets you 2 miles per hour- it's only handy if you are tight getting to a public charger.

- Software- most of my complaints have have gone away with 2.0. With that said lack of apple car play, occasional delay in 360 camera view booting up, and the need to switch off the rear camera to close the garage door via home link are still bothersome. Highway assist is also dependent on the road being mapped already in Lucid's GPS system.

- Dekivery/Quality issues- I had 3 misaligned molding pieces and a creaking steering wheel. Lucid customer service has a steering wheel on order and pics of the moldings to repair. Timing is still unknown.

- cup holders are too small. It's super tight to get a soda can in and cannot get a normal size water bottle.
- having to buy the tire sealant/inflater solution and no spare tire included at this price point is poor. (Especially with tire issues throughout the forum).

Summary- I got to the point where I needed to have faith in Lucid on the quality and software issues to pull the buy trigger. I'm glad I took the leap- 2.0 is a game changer and the quality issues are minor. I've driven MB's and Porsches the last few years and this car by far is better from a performance and joy to drive perspective. The interior quality is night and day versus Tesla, with Tesla feeling overly functional and plastic-like. Finally, the design is very unique and it does garner a ton of attention.

For those of you on the line on a purchase decision, take the leap- I really do not think you'll be disappointed!
I got these for the small cup holders. Both fit well and can have both in both cup holders simultaneously -- theres room.

The range does vary for me but I’ve driven on trips 200 miles each way and I could return home and I started at 83%. But you absolutely have to use the adaptive cruise control to get higher range.

I haven’t gotten the 2.0 update yet. Is there a long queue?

I love the car too. Yes cup holders and phone charger suck. I use a cord. Blind spots everywhere but the cameras are great. Yes super wide and super comfortable. The navigation is not the best—I stupidly followed it and got stuck in a traffic jam at the Holland tunnel which was super frustrating.

People still freak out when they see the car in the city or on the highway or a charging station

I got these for the small cup holders. Both fit well and can have both in both cup holders simultaneously -- theres room.

Does the Expander impede the function of the pilot screen (i.e. retracting and closing?) .. I've had a problem w/ just having my phone in a cupholder (since the Wireless phone placement is useless for me). when I try and close the pilot panel, it hits the phone if I don't move it out of the way.

Does the Expander impede the function of the pilot screen (i.e. retracting and closing?) .. I've had a problem w/ just having my phone in a cupholder (since the Wireless phone placement is useless for me). when I try and close the pilot panel, it hits the phone if I don't move it out of the way.
No not at all. Its a little bit in the way for your hand when reaching buttons at the bottom part of the pilot and you have to reach from above or side but this would be inherent for and object of decent height in the holder.

Excellent summarization! Didn't realize the rear arm rests are slanted until now. Do you have pictures for the misaligned moldings?

...On a trip the last 20% of charging drops from 10-12 miles per minute to 5 or less- that is highly irritating and prob adds 10+ minutes to get to a full charge...
Normally, on an EV trip you never charge the car beyond about 80% for this reason, except just before departing. We plan to arrive at a charging location with about 10-20% charge remaining, and then charge only enough to reach the next charging location.

Back