What to do if you have an accident with your Lucid

That seems so high, but I think Ohio is a cheap insurance State. I pay $472 ($1000 deductible) a year for 21 Model S LR thru Erie Insurance and was quoted $748 a year for the Lucid GT.
I also have Erie Insurance, $989.00 a year, $500.00 deductible that includes full window glass which is very nice seeing Lucid has my car now getting this repaired.

Attachments

• window.jpeg
    window.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: DBV
The good news is that the other party was liable and her insurance company (Liberty Mutual) acknowledged liability — so they are on the hook to pay for everything. They didn’t want to use the Lucid-certified shop in North Jersey but I didn’t give them a choice. They’re covering the rental car for the duration (v. Going through my insurance would have only covered the first 30 days). Since the rental is and ICE car, I already advised Liberty Mutual that they will be paying for gas (my attorney confirmed that though unique, it’s a valid claim). I will also claim for diminished value and will work with Lucid to determine that.

Since the accident is the result of gross negligence on the other driver’s part (as documented in the police report) I can always, if I have to, sue.
In September, a driver side-swiped my GT. His insurance (GEICO) accepted responsibility, so I went through them. Unfortunately, the cost of repairs has exceeded his policy limits. GEICO approved the repairs and I received my car back before GEICO realized the expenses from the repair and rental car exceeded the policy limits. Interesting, because my car was in the Lucid-certified shop for over two months. Can you believe GEICO asked me to pay the amount in excess of the policy limits? I called USAA to see if USAA will help me with the rest of my claim. Hopefully, USAA will come through for me in light of the premiums I'm paying them.

GEICO refused to pay for my gas, so I will file in small claims court for that, but I want to file for my GT's loss in value as well as the two-month loss in free charging at the same time. How did you determine the loss in value? I've searched the internet for 2022 Lucids without an accident, but only one Lucid was close in mileage to my GT. Lucid Tysons Galleria has refused to assist with valuation. I was told to search the internet which I had already done before calling them or have my insurance company call them. Why would Lucid give the information to USAA, but not to me? I'm their customer.

For the loss in free charging, I plan to take the average minutes I charge per month times the charging fee to determine the amount. Does that sound right?

In September, a driver side-swiped my GT. His insurance (GEICO) accepted responsibility, so I went through them. Unfortunately, the cost of repairs has exceeded his policy limits. GEICO approved the repairs and I received my car back before GEICO realized the expenses from the repair and rental car exceeded the policy limits. Interesting, because my car was in the Lucid-certified shop for over two months. Can you believe GEICO asked me to pay the amount in excess of the policy limits? I called USAA to see if USAA will help me with the rest of my claim. Hopefully, USAA will come through for me in light of the premiums I'm paying them.

GEICO refused to pay for my gas, so I will file in small claims court for that, but I want to file for my GT's loss in value as well as the two-month loss in free charging at the same time. How did you determine the loss in value? I've searched the internet for 2022 Lucids without an accident, but only one Lucid was close in mileage to my GT. Lucid Tysons Galleria has refused to assist with valuation. I was told to search the internet which I had already done before calling them or have my insurance company call them. Why would Lucid give the information to USAA, but not to me? I'm their customer.

For the loss in free charging, I plan to take the average minutes I charge per month times the charging fee to determine the amount. Does that sound right?
I'm going through a diminished value claim with GEICO right now through a company that was recommended to me by the shop that fixed my Lucid. I'll follow up here once there's a resolution.

Brown Eyes:
Your plan sounds good. I spoke to the head of North American Services for Lucid and got the name of a company that will do a Diminished Value Claim on your GT. They are called Collision Safety Consultants and can be reached at 704-747-9337. You should go to their website: www.collisionsafetyconsultants.com and understand how their process works. Since the person who hit you is liable, you can always sue them directly if USAA doesn’t support your claim, but I know from my insurance company that they would have handled any monies due to under insurance. I would speak to a lawyer but I suspect you’re under no obligation to pay GEICO back.

Brown Eyes:
Your plan sounds good. I spoke to the head of North American Services for Lucid and got the name of a company that will do a Diminished Value Claim on your GT. They are called Collision Safety Consultants and can be reached at 704-747-9337. You should go to their website: www.collisionsafetyconsultants.com and understand how their process works. Since the person who hit you is liable, you can always sue them directly if USAA doesn’t support your claim, but I know from my insurance company that they would have handled any monies due to under insurance. I would speak to a lawyer but I suspect you’re under no obligation to pay GEICO back.
I also recommend Billy at collision safety consultants.

Brown Eyes:
Thank you for this information.
Brown Eyes:
Thank you for this information.

The ongoing saga...

On December 6, 2023, I finally got my car back. It was severely out of date on OTA Software, so that took a day and a half to update it. I started driving it and thought things were ok...I was wrong.

I blew out a tire on Rte 495 -- the dreaded helix out of the Lincoln Tunnel on the Saturday night before Christmas. However, Lucid responded quickly and fixed it the Wednesday after Christmas -- only some minor cosmetic damage to the inside (not visible) of the wheel. The issue was NONE of the tire stores around me would service the Lucid as they were afraid to put an EV up on a lift.

And then, in early January, all hell broke loose. NJ was getting substantial rain over a several day period. I had taken the car to my local gym on the Tuesday evening (the first night of the storm), and when I started driving home, all of a sudden I started to get alerts on the front console that the rear lights, brake lights and radar were not working "Call Customer Care". I pulled into the garage and called customer care. They opened a ticket and told me that someone would come by later that week. I asked "is the car safe to drive" and the customer care rep indicated that based on what I told him, it was.

The next day, I came out to the car, got in and as soon as I depressed the brake, every alert started to pop up. Things I never saw before and things I never hoped to see again were flashing on the console. I called back to Customer Care and they scheduled an emergency visit for the next day.

By this time, I could not open the chargeport, the Frunk, the trunk, retract or extend the sideview mirrors, or even schedule a charge. I'm thinking it's a massive electronics failure -- and I already knew that alot of the control electronics are in the trunk -- the site of the accident. The next day a tech showed up and despite every effort, we could not open the trunk lid. So he called into Lucid and confirmed the "break-in" procedure throught the back seat. It took him about 30 minutes but he safely got in without breaking anything.

He spend the next hour taking the trunk apart, running diagnostics, and taking pictures -- the vedict -- the rear electronics bay way soaking wet. I know electronics -- and that was a very bad sign. My immediate question was "was this the fault of the body shop or is it a Lucid problem". I spoke to King of Prussia on multiple occasions as they tried to figure out next steps. In the interim, Lucid authorized me to rent a car and is paying for it.

After a couple of days, KoP got back to me and offered the follwoing:
1) They would pick up the car and take it to their Richmond VA shop to evaluate the damage and determine next steps
2) They would give me a Lucid GT loaner for the duration
3) Once they determined the problem, Lucid would fix and and either bill it to the body shop if it was determined to be a body shop mistake, or to the at-fault driver's insurance. If it was determined to be a Lucid problem, Lucid would foot the cost of the repair

Once Richmond got involved, things became clearer. First, they determined that when the car was rebuilt by the body shop, they improperly sealed the base of the rear window, leading to the water infiltrating. In a way, Lucid said, I was lucky it happened early in the process and that I was near home. Second, based upon our conversations, they guaranteed the repair and told me that, regardless of how the finances work out, I am not responsible for a penny. Next they advised that they escalated the issue all the way to senior management and that they will take remedial action against the body shop. Finally, they advised me that they will be replacing ALL of the electronics in the rear of the car and are working with engineering to better protect the electroncis bay in the future.

Lucid's position is that since I was at a certified Lucid body shop, it's Lucid's responsibility and they're living up to it. While I am not the least bit pleased with what happened and will NEVER use that body shop again, I am very pleased that Lucid showed a great deal of integrity in how they're supporting me. Stay tuned.

The ongoing saga...

On December 6, 2023, I finally got my car back. It was severely out of date on OTA Software, so that took a day and a half to update it. I started driving it and thought things were ok...I was wrong.

I blew out a tire on Rte 495 -- the dreaded helix out of the Lincoln Tunnel on the Saturday night before Christmas. However, Lucid responded quickly and fixed it the Wednesday after Christmas -- only some minor cosmetic damage to the inside (not visible) of the wheel. The issue was NONE of the tire stores around me would service the Lucid as they were afraid to put an EV up on a lift.

And then, in early January, all hell broke loose. NJ was getting substantial rain over a several day period. I had taken the car to my local gym on the Tuesday evening (the first night of the storm), and when I started driving home, all of a sudden I started to get alerts on the front console that the rear lights, brake lights and radar were not working "Call Customer Care". I pulled into the garage and called customer care. They opened a ticket and told me that someone would come by later that week. I asked "is the car safe to drive" and the customer care rep indicated that based on what I told him, it was.

The next day, I came out to the car, got in and as soon as I depressed the brake, every alert started to pop up. Things I never saw before and things I never hoped to see again were flashing on the console. I called back to Customer Care and they scheduled an emergency visit for the next day.

By this time, I could not open the chargeport, the Frunk, the trunk, retract or extend the sideview mirrors, or even schedule a charge. I'm thinking it's a massive electronics failure -- and I already knew that alot of the control electronics are in the trunk -- the site of the accident. The next day a tech showed up and despite every effort, we could not open the trunk lid. So he called into Lucid and confirmed the "break-in" procedure throught the back seat. It took him about 30 minutes but he safely got in without breaking anything.

He spend the next hour taking the trunk apart, running diagnostics, and taking pictures -- the vedict -- the rear electronics bay way soaking wet. I know electronics -- and that was a very bad sign. My immediate question was "was this the fault of the body shop or is it a Lucid problem". I spoke to King of Prussia on multiple occasions as they tried to figure out next steps. In the interim, Lucid authorized me to rent a car and is paying for it.

1) They would pick up the car and take it to their Richmond VA shop to evaluate the damage and determine next steps
3) Once they determined the problem, Lucid would fix and and either bill it to the body shop if it was determined to be a body shop mistake, or to the at-fault driver's insurance. If it was determined to be a Lucid problem, Lucid would foot the cost of the repair

Once Richmond got involved, things became clearer. First, they determined that when the car was rebuilt by the body shop, they improperly sealed the base of the rear window, leading to the water infiltrating. In a way, Lucid said, I was lucky it happened early in the process and that I was near home. Second, based upon our conversations, they guaranteed the repair and told me that, regardless of how the finances work out, I am not responsible for a penny. Next they advised that they escalated the issue all the way to senior management and that they will take remedial action against the body shop. Finally, they advised me that they will be replacing ALL of the electronics in the rear of the car and are working with engineering to better protect the electroncis bay in the future.

Lucid's position is that since I was at a certified Lucid body shop, it's Lucid's responsibility and they're living up to it. While I am not the least bit pleased with what happened and will NEVER use that body shop again, I am very pleased that Lucid showed a great deal of integrity in how they're supporting me. Stay tuned.
A wonderful Lucid story!

Always follow up with your claim for
DIMINiSHED value

The ongoing saga...

That’s spectacular service in a very crappy situation. I’m glad it’s getting worked out!

Back