heat stopped working

don

My heat stopped working on my 2023 Touring yesterday and it is really cold here in NJ. I called customer care and they had me do a reset. It didn't work and they said someone from service would call me "when they become available". Does anyone know if there is something I can do myself to get the heat back on? Even with the seat heaters on high and steering wheel heater on it is too cold.

Seems like you are unfortunately part of the 2000 cars that have a recall out for this.

Thank you. Hopefully service becomes available and they get back to me

We had this happened to us a few weeks ago. We had to bring our car into service. They replaced the heating unit and a week later we were back in service.

Seems like you are unfortunately part of the 2000 cars that have a recall out for this.
Just to be super clear: the recall is that 2,042 vehicles will get a software update to warn them if their high voltage coolant heater (which is a hilarious name... a coolant heater?) has failed or is failing. Of those 2,042 vehicles, only 1% are estimated to actually be affected, which would be 20-21 vehicles.

You can find the recall report here: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2024/RCLRPT-24V011-9593.PDF

Talk about unlucky!

Just to be super clear: the recall is that 2,042 vehicles will get a software update to warn them if their high voltage coolant heater (which is a hilarious name... a coolant heater?) has failed or is failing. Of those 2,042 vehicles, only 1% are estimated to actually be affected, which would be 20-21 vehicles.

You can find the recall report here: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2024/RCLRPT-24V011-9593.PDF

Talk about unlucky!
Yes this! Sorry I wasn't more specific but it still seems like you are in that 1%

My heat stopped working on my 2023 Touring yesterday and it is really cold here in NJ. I called customer care and they had me do a reset. It didn't work and they said someone from service would call me "when they become available". Does anyone know if there is something I can do myself to get the heat back on? Even with the seat heaters on high and steering wheel heater on it is too cold.
I would not wait for someone calling me back. I would call a service center directly to schedule an appointment.

In the meantime, I would buy a 12V car heater. Since the 12V outlet is in the rear right, I would buy a 12V extension cord as well.

I would not wait for someone calling me back. I would call a service center directly to schedule an appointment.

In the meantime, I would buy a 12V car heater. Since the 12V outlet is in the rear right, I would buy a 12V extension cord as well.
You can trivially route the extension cable through the ski passthrough, or you can buy a 12v USB adapter on Amazon

You can trivially route the extension cable through the ski passthrough, or you can buy a 12v USB adapter on Amazon

I think USB to 12V adapter is great for low power devices like dash cam because they can provide about 8W.

Most 12V car heaterd use hundreds of watts.

Back