Has The Grand Touring Performance Been Discontinued?

Saymree

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I checked on their website and couldn’t find 1 grand touring performance model. Did they discontinue it like the dream edition?

I checked on their website and couldn’t find 1 grand touring performance model. Did they discontinue it like the dream edition?
Yes, this is apparently because they bought some of the things that made the GTP more "spirited" to drive into the GT(they say they used the "learnings from the gtp to make the 2024 gt"), but there is still "only" 819 hp. However, I'm sure there will be suspension tweaks.

Yes, this is apparently because they bought some of the things that made the GTP more "spirited" to drive into the GT(they say they used the "learnings from the gtp to make the 2024 gt"), but there is still "only" 819 hp. However, I'm sure there will be suspension tweaks.
Correct. The question is what lessons have they learned and when will the 2024 Grand Touring be released. Also, it would be nice to have detailed information on what changes have been made on the 2024 models. It seems that the 2024 Air Touring has a more efficient battery but there was never a detailed description of the changes made.

It seems that the 2024 Air Touring has a more efficient battery but there was never a detailed description of the changes made.
That is a common complaint about current EVs. It was my big complaint about Lucid: I knew that there would be a waiting list but I want to at least know in detail what I was waiting for. Lucid has been much better at building a great vehicle than at communicating.

It's still in the configurator as an option under the Grand Touring, though you'll have to wait for delivery.

It seems that the 2024 Air Touring has a more efficient battery but there was never a detailed description of the changes made.
Where did you see this? On paper the 2024 Touring has less range than the 23 because of the EPA guidance, but where did you see that the motor is still in fact more efficient?

What if any are the hardware changes from the GT to the GTP? I assumed it was mostly software to allow the motors to produce 1050 hp rather than “just” 819. The massive jump in price doesn’t justify it so I imagine there were not that many takers as a percentage of GT sales. As a point of reference my old model S Tesla P85D was converted from insane to Ludicrous mode by an addition of an Inconal main fuse and a software upgrade for a mere 5K which I thought was quite fair

What if any are the hardware changes from the GT to the GTP? I assumed it was mostly software to allow the motors to produce 1050 hp rather than “just” 819. The massive jump in price doesn’t justify it so I imagine there were not that many takers as a percentage of GT sales. As a point of reference my old model S Tesla P85D was converted from insane to Ludicrous mode by an addition of an Inconal main fuse and a software upgrade for a mere 5K which I thought was quite fair
The battery chemistry is different, which nets 118kWh (Samsung) instead of the GT's normal 112kWh (LG). That chemistry also allows them to pull more peak current from the pack, hence the greater HP. That in turn necessitated adding another bank of transistors to each of the inverters to keep it all reliable. There were also some suspension tuning tweaks to make already great handling even better.

But really, the extra money is because a car with 1000+ HP is rarified territory and they can. 😎

Last edited:
Back