Has anyone replaced tires on Lucid Air?

I switched from the Lucid 21s to the Lucid 20s. I've been meaning to make a full post about it with my full thoughts because I don't think anyone else here has done so. Over the 4k miles on the 20s (vs over 15k on the 21s), I can say I'm quite happy I switched. The ride is slightly cushier/quieter, but the handling is just as good thanks to the summer tires. I also personally like the looks of the 20s better, so I'd switch again in a heartbeat. All my hyper vigilance about avoiding potholes has mostly subsided thanks to the higher sidewall and the Michelin vs Pirelli of name.
I think the Michelin 21s do a lot without buying rims if you already have 21s. That said, I have Michelin 20s on the BMW V12 and no complaints there.
The Sapphire 20/21 combo is pretty nice. First long road trip coming up next week.

I switched from the Lucid 21s to the Lucid 20s. I've been meaning to make a full post about it with my full thoughts because I don't think anyone else here has done so. Over the 4k miles on the 20s (vs over 15k on the 21s), I can say I'm quite happy I switched. The ride is slightly cushier/quieter, but the handling is just as good thanks to the summer tires. I also personally like the looks of the 20s better, so I'd switch again in a heartbeat. All my hyper vigilance about avoiding potholes has mostly subsided thanks to the higher sidewall and the Michelin vs Pirelli of name.
If I didn't have the DE 21s, I'd agree with you; the 20's look better than the GT 21s, imho.

But I do prefer the DE 21s to the GT 20s.

I think the Michelin 21s do a lot without buying rims if you already have 21s. That said, I have Michelin 20s on the BMW V12 and no complaints there.
The Sapphire 20/21 combo is pretty nice. First long road trip coming up next week.
I do not believe Michelin has a set of staggered 21s authorized by Michelin for Lucid. Tire Rack sold some months ago but pulled them and refuses to sell them for Lucid, after some horrific blow outs. To a member here.

I’ll see if I can get information direct from Michelin. I got the 21s on my DE from Michelin and they know they are on a Lucid.

Wondering if those who have had bubbles / blow-outs check their tire pressures? I use 45 psi cold, and check them regularly, especially after a big temp swing, as we've had lately here in the NE. I saw my tires about 4 psi low... so if you start at 42 psi...lose a few psi due to low temps...you don't have much free board before the rim kills the sidewall chords in a pothole.

Just sayin' I'm astonished at how many reports there are. Perhaps everyone is new to 35 series tires, and don't get how important tire pressure is on these low sidewall tires.

Just switched back to the 19" A/S factory. Wow, I never noticed how noisy they are. Like the 21" summer Pirellis much more. I must have a lucky batch.

Like to know if any one needed to replace their tires on their cars ? If so,

1. Why it was replaced? 19 inch on grand touring. Not yet at 36k miles. Have rotated them at 30k. They were 40%tread front and 60 rear. Don't do too fast acceleration or use brakes, so estimating the tires will last upto 50k min.

2. Did the Tire Warranty cover? Wear and tear in tires is not covered under warranty unless the tire manufaturer is willing to replace.

3. If they have to pay, what was the total price per tire for installation? Am guessing the pzero pirelli will cost about 350 per tire.

4. Was it done by Lucid Service or otherwise?

5. Was it done on roadside or at home?

6. Was the tire balanced?

Appreciate everyone's opinion. Thanks.

1. Why it was replaced?

2. Did the Tire Warranty cover?

3. If they have to pay, what was the total price per tire for installation?

Yesterday. Hit a pothole on I75 and put a bubble in the sidewall. I reached out to Lucid and they did a mobile replacement. All completed in my driveway including balancing the everything. They also replaced some coolant component and gave my complimentary key fob batteries. Flawless serving experience! $450 out the door.

1. Bulge in sidewall
2. Yes (well, Lucid did it for me free of charge and they’re sending to Pirelli)
3. No charge
4. Lucid service
5. At my home
6. Yes
I have 6 21" tires replaced in 17 months because of large side wall bulges or blow outs. Lucid did not pay for any of them and was totally unhelpful. They claimed tires were between me and Pirelli and they had nothing to do with it. They recommended I replace all my tires and wheels with 20" tires and wheels. I am considering a class action.

I have 6 21" tires replaced in 17 months because of large side wall bulges or blow outs. Lucid did not pay for any of them and was totally unhelpful. They claimed tires were between me and Pirelli and they had nothing to do with it. They recommended I replace all my tires and wheels with 20" tires and wheels. I am considering a class action.
Firstly, this has nothing to do with Lucid. Second, any class action would be against Pirelli as the tire manufacturer. Lucid has no obligation to ensure your are not hitting potholes, keeping your tires properly inflated, nor running into objects which would cause the issues you've experienced. It's unfortunate you've had so many issues, but I don't believe the blame can be on anyone but the driver of the vehicle.

Last edited:
I switched to 20 inch tires first thing when I bought my car from 19s and 10K miles never had a problem.
20 inch is way to go.
Also my wheels are custom Vossen and Michelin pilot sport tires

IMG_1792.jpeg

You should have registered each tire with Perelli…

Any bulges would have resulted in a replacement under Perellis warranty.

You just needed the purchase date and the DOT info on the tire itself.

And yes, the tire situation is between you and Perelli. You do not have a class action lawsuit against anyone other than Perelli who will properly replace the tires for free when registered.

1. Why it was replaced?

2. Did the Tire Warranty cover?

3. If they have to pay, what was the total price per tire for installation?

I see Costco shows Lucid appropriate tires on their web site

You should have registered each tire with Perelli…

Any bulges would have resulted in a replacement under Perellis warranty.

You just needed the purchase date and the DOT info on the tire itself.

And yes, the tire situation is between you and Perelli. You do not have a class action lawsuit against anyone other than Perelli who will properly replace the tires for free when registered.
Is this right? I just had one replaced last week by Lucid. Should I reach out to Perelli and plead my case?

Is this right? I just had one replaced last week by Lucid. Should I reach out to Perelli and plead my case?
I got a bulge on one of my sidewalls as well recently. I called Lucid service and they said that the Pirelli's have a 1 year warranty on them. We don't have an actual Lucid shop nearby so rather than wait for mobile service, I then went to my tire shop (Discount Tire) and told them what Lucid service told me.

They called someone, presumably Pirelli dealer service, and got a quick code from them and *bam*, free replacement. So while I haven't seen the warranty in writing, seems to be true.

It did take a full week for the replacement to come (Pirelli ELECT EV on 21" wheels), so that was a bummer - rare tire ig. Btw, the stock tires have "LMI" on the sidewalk while the replacement had "POL", which concerned me thinking it meant something was different about them. Someone finally explained that these tires sometimes carry OEM designators and so "LMI" was probably for Lucid Motors and "POL" is probably for Polestar. So poor Molly is suffering the indignation of sporting one Polestar tire 😩

The car only had 500 miles on it so I quickly bought Discount Tire certificates for all the tires. The replacement tires are like $250+ if I recall, so getting that cert warranty is definitely worth it! I'm sure I'll have more bulge or other issues with these tires after the 1yr mfg warranties up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back