Has anybody tried to connect to the ethernet port yet?

Shuasha

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT
I wouldn't mind getting some decent data from the car like battery temp, requested charge wattage, current power usage, etc. Has anybody tried connecting to the ethernet port under the lighter plug in the trunk yet to see if there's an API or anything we can query? Is there a service mode in the console? Seeing as we don't have an OBD port, getting this info is a bit harder than others.

Not standard ethernet…
As in it's not an RJ-45 or that nothing happens when you plug in? I just tested and it's an RJ45, maybe it's disabled unless you're in a service mode or something? I haven't tried a live connection yet.

Last edited:
Auto ethernet uses a single twisted pair but I think YOU should plug your most expensive laptop in to find out. Just kidding.

Get an external ethernet rj45 to usb adapter -- inexpensive to destroy and saves your laptop. Hoping its ethernet and that its set to ping, use an ip scan software and scan typical subnets used in the auto industri. Would take for ever otherwise. And then you need to use the specific software. Perhaps start with Canalyzer. But really need a laptop with typical auto industri applications and various hardware adapters. Too expensive to buy for yourself. You need lots a time and be very good with software and automotive.

I watched a Lucid technician plug a standard laptop into that ethernet port. Electrically it is ethernet. No idea what software is needed to communicate with the car.

Back