FAT Lady on stage, beginning to sing--Journey ending or start?

This EA/Lucid free charging problem has been going on for months. Why isn't it rectified? I've owned an Air Touring for 16 days now and have over a 1,000 miles on it. My very first attempt to charge at EA, it worked as advertised. My next 3 attempts at EA, it did NOT work until I called EA and they turned on the charger. Also, the Lucid charging station map showed all chargers as 'unavailable' while only 2 cars were there. I never got a straight story from either the EA rep or the Lucid customer service people of what's going on and when will it be fixed. I have previously owned a (short range)VW id.4 for a year and the EA changing mostly worked. Charge Point worked the best, but pay .43/kwh. I have a garage GRIZZL-E that has worked great for a year now.
Hi, @Yossarian.

Thank you for sharing. I just dropped you a DM.

Marqie

1) EA is having supply chain issues getting replacement parts, 2) their new redesigned charger had some initial problems too, and 3) they have no real incentive to succeed.
Our St. Lucie, Florida EA station just got new chargers within the last week, since we used the old ones previously. There were 3 Lucids(me included) at the station, with 2 of us on our phones talking to EA to turn on the ELECTRICITY.

I am waiting for callback today since Lucid rep spent over two hours trying to charge my Lucid at the only EA chargers within 150 miles of my home. I have purchased an UL certified lectron tesla to J1772 adapter to use for emergency until they figure out my problem. Damn, this car is beautiful and super fun to drive but I need EA charging to work. My port indicator goes all red as soon as charger is plugged in... this happened at 10 stalls with no one else around. Lucid rep had me drive car to home and garage while they investigated.
And officially Lucid does not support Tesla to J1772 adapter. That is really rubbing it in.

I saw that mod on this forum and had it done prior to delivery. I agree it looks stunning. As soon as I get the charging situation worked out, I will be good to go.
When I finalized my order for my Pure several months ago, I asked for the aero blades to be removed before delivery. Does anyone know if they are a hassle to reinstall and remove again for long (1,000 miles) interstate trip? How much extra mileage do they provide?

When I finalized my order for my Pure several months ago, I asked for the aero blades to be removed before delivery. Does anyone know if they are a hassle to reinstall and remove again for long (1,000 miles) interstate trip? How much extra mileage do they provide?
Should just pop back in. Based off the Model 3 testing, 5% super rough estimate

Trivial.

They are very easy to pop back in. I have 19 inch AGT and noticed significant improvement with putting them back in during cold weather in NJ. I was getting 3.0 m/kWh in mixed driving without them and have been averaging 3.4 m/kWh with them back in. It will be interesting to see how much they improve efficiency in the summertime since I had averaged 3.7 m/kWh last summer with them removed.

I just left mine off. The small range improvement they make is mostly useful for marketing the maximum EPA range number possible. Your speed and the weather will largely determine your actual range.

Hi, @Yossarian.

Thank you for sharing. I just dropped you a DM.

Marqie
@Yossarian I have the same issue with our only EA charging station here in Charlotte. My Lucid app always shows all ten unavailable. There is almost always availability in actuality. I cannot charge there, but it appears all other makes (Rivian,Kia, Porsche, MB and Ford) are able to.

Hooray! My EA free charging finally worked yesterday without calling EA. I held the charging plug up for a better(?) connection as I plugged in. I also had the Lucid app open to the charge page. The 'ELECTRIFY AMERICA' prompt appeared. I hit the prompt, then the charging station #s appeared on the app screen. I choose the particular charger that I was plugged into and it began CHARGING! I'll try this routine again in a few days and 'will let you all know if I have success twice in a row. It still doesn't work as advertised though. It's supposed to be plug and play(charge).

Last edited:
They are very easy to pop back in. I have 19 inch AGT and noticed significant improvement with putting them back in during cold weather in NJ. I was getting 3.0 m/kWh in mixed driving without them and have been averaging 3.4 m/kWh with them back in. It will be interesting to see how much they improve efficiency in the summertime since I had averaged 3.7 m/kWh last summer with them removed.
I’ll keep that in mind. Looks like I wont have it this winter. Still no VIN. Ha en’t heard if Pure production has even really started yet or if it is just Tourings still rolling off the line.

Back