FAT Lady on stage, beginning to sing--Journey ending or start?

SubSailor

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Tesla M3, AirGT
Wow, I was going to post all the checkout on my car. It was delivered today, and I was totally impressed by it. I had a few minor problems but all in all, things were looking good. I know I promised to do a step by step and I will later but after a 3-hour checkout, I asked my delivery rep to follow me to the EA charging station which was about 20 miles away. The car had 25 miles on it but this gave me a chance to try a few of the features. They worked well and the ACC was as good as my Tesla. The Nav voice was non-existent, and its data was off in distance to turns, etc. We could not get Alexa to work or the radio to play any decent music so did not get to hear that Surreal sound. Had a few trim pieces needing glue, Visor mirror magnets would not hold mirrors up, Massage seat functions did not work, ventilation to seats was weak, AC worked well, and external pressure open on charge port door did not work. Homelink setup, Profile setup, Mobile key and bluetooth S22 Galaxy pairing was a piece of cake.
I did not care about any of the minor defects and went down almost all the checklist until I figured it was getting late and I wanted to get to the charging station. DISASTER!!!! We had 18 stalls with no one there. We tried 8 stalls that were operational including the 350kW one. Instant failure.... red bars by charge port. Lucid rep called EA and Lucid....we tried two other stalls for a total of 10 and could not charge the vehicle. The rep reset car, restarted battery preconditioning and other methods but nothing worked. Finally, a robin egg blue Taycan pulled up and immediately came over to oh and awe the Lucid while his car was charging with no problem. The Lucid rep suggested I drive car back to my home, put it in garage and send email to customer service. I have done that and, if no results by tomorrow, I plan to implement AZ rescission law and void contract after Lucid rep informed me of it. I really hope they can get it working...it is an unbelievable car. I can forgive anything but not being able to charge is kind of important to me. BTW,. my car has software 2.0.13

Attachments

• 20221031_115320.jpg
    20221031_115320.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 414
...and I wanted to get to the charging station. DISASTER!!!! We had 18 stalls with no one there. We tried 8 stalls that were operational including the 350kW one. Instant failure.... red bars by charge port. Lucid rep called EA and Lucid....we tried two other stalls for a total of 10 and could not charge the vehicle. The rep reset car, restarted battery preconditioning and other methods but nothing worked. Finally, a robin egg blue Taycan pulled up and immediately came over to oh and awe the Lucid while his car was charging with no problem....
Airs do not charge well right now. Several of us have had a very similar experience as yours, but in the middle of a long road trip. Lucid is working on solving this. My guess is that an OTA update will take care of it in the next month or two. For now, it's by far the worst charging experience I've had in 12 years of driving five different EVs. Except for that glitch - a fantastic car.

Honestly, I know it's been a tough journey but I wouldn't rescind right now. There is an obvious issue between Lucid and EA and it seems to occur on specific EA stations. They are aware of the issue and working on it, and while not being able to charge on EA is terrible, it's not the only solution to charge. Maybe if you get a chance find a different EA station to see if you run into the same issue.

Honestly, I know it's been a tough journey but I wouldn't rescind right now. There is an obvious issue between Lucid and EA and it seems to occur on specific EA stations. They are aware of the issue and working on it, and while not being able to charge on EA is terrible, it's not the only solution to charge. Maybe if you get a chance find a different EA station to see if you run into the same issue.
I am searching for solution. I love the car, but even Lucid rep said with only this EA station within 150 miles, I do not have much choice. I am trying to get a Tesla tap or use my 14-30 dryer outlet to keep me going until Lucid and EA solve this problem, but he said it would void my warranty. This car is unreal... It is as big as my old Highlander Hybrid and looks gigantic next to spouse's Tesla M3LR. I think I was more surprised that the Lucid rep was as disappointed as I was when he called SC to try different methods. I am disheartened but hell, my portfolio recovered some of the mil I was down so God is good and Lucid will come around. BTW, my screens and such all worked great....no major lag except loading Nav. Never did get voice with Nav either. It was over 85 in Tucson and AC worked great! The Taycan owner was impressed until he saw I could not get any of the EA stalls to charge my Lucid. He actually tried two stalls for us to verify they worked.
Bunnylebowski and borski...I will get to that sound system someday. I plan to subscribe to Tidal HD when I get charging problem solved.

Wow, I was going to post all the checkout on my car. It was delivered today, and I was totally impressed by it. I had a few minor problems but all in all, things were looking good. I know I promised to do a step by step and I will later but after a 3-hour checkout, I asked my delivery rep to follow me to the EA charging station which was about 20 miles away. The car had 25 miles on it but this gave me a chance to try a few of the features. They worked well and the ACC was as good as my Tesla. The Nav voice was non-existent, and its data was off in distance to turns, etc. We could not get Alexa to work or the radio to play any decent music so did not get to hear that Surreal sound. Had a few trim pieces needing glue, Visor mirror magnets would not hold mirrors up, Massage seat functions did not work, ventilation to seats was weak, AC worked well, and external pressure open on charge port door did not work. Homelink setup, Profile setup, Mobile key and bluetooth S22 Galaxy pairing was a piece of cake.
I did not care about any of the minor defects and went down almost all the checklist until I figured it was getting late and I wanted to get to the charging station. DISASTER!!!! We had 18 stalls with no one there. We tried 8 stalls that were operational including the 350kW one. Instant failure.... red bars by charge port. Lucid rep called EA and Lucid....we tried two other stalls for a total of 10 and could not charge the vehicle. The rep reset car, restarted battery preconditioning and other methods but nothing worked. Finally, a robin egg blue Taycan pulled up and immediately came over to oh and awe the Lucid while his car was charging with no problem. The Lucid rep suggested I drive car back to my home, put it in garage and send email to customer service. I have done that and, if no results by tomorrow, I plan to implement AZ rescission law and void contract after Lucid rep informed me of it. I really hope they can get it working...it is an unbelievable car. I can forgive anything but not being able to charge is kind of important to me. BTW,. my car has software 2.0.13
I had same problem. I had the delivery person with me for four hours including going to ea. Free charging never worked... crefit card always worked. After two weeks, free charging started to work. Just plug in the cable and click continue on the pump snd nothong else and charging starts automaticslly. Obviously a credential or software problem.

I agree that this EA issue is minor and will eventually get fixed. I wouldn’t dump the car for that. Depending upon your situation there may be other feasible options with other level 2 and 3 chargers from charge point or other companies. You could try the plug share app and see if there is something else that would work until the EA issue gets fixed.

The EA situation will get resolved. Your car looks to damn beautiful , so keep it.

The EA problem is not specific to your car and will be fixed soon. Get yourself a L2 charger and use different public chargers for now. You can ask Lucid to reimburse you the cost of charging or start your 3 year free EA after the problem is fixed.

My service center offered to reimburse for all my ea purchases by credit card .. just send receipt or card statement. However, i declined due to too much hassle. I did ea just for testing purposes and likely spent less than $50 over two weeks ive had tbe car.

The Nav voice was non-existent, and its data was off in distance to turns, etc. We could not get Alexa to work or the radio to play any decent music so did not get to hear that Surreal sound. Had a few trim pieces needing glue, Visor mirror magnets would not hold mirrors up, Massage seat functions did not work, ventilation to seats was weak, AC worked well, and external pressure open on charge port door did not work.
Funny. Those other issues sound like things that will be issues for much longer. But they don’t bother you as much as the charging. For me it’s the other way around. The charging isn’t a big deal at all to me, especially if Lucid has offered to reimburse your credit card until it gets fixed.

Looks good with the aero off the rims.
I saw that mod on this forum and had it done prior to delivery. I agree it looks stunning. As soon as I get the charging situation worked out, I will be good to go.

Great posting OP...thanks. When I get my Pure I am planning to try the same thing you did and go to a charging station. The nearest one to the Scottsdale Service Center (as of now; that could change by the time I get my Pure) is at Arizona Mills which is 13 miles away. Good chance to drive the new car as it will be a nice mix of urban and highway driving.

There is no Arizona rescission law for automobile purchases. You would have to depend upon the lemon law.

Testing your car at one EA charger will tell you little. FWIW my brand-new car charged instantly and perfectly at my local EA station. After accepting delivery I wanted to make sure it worked before going on a long road trip the next day. Went on the road trip, and it was a complete failure at the sole EA within a hundred miles - charge kept failing after a few seconds. Other EV models came and went during the two hours I was there and charged perfectly fine. It's a problem in the Air's software in combination with software at some EA stations. You can't always pay your way with a credit card to get it to work - in my case authentication wasn't an issue.

Testing your car at one EA charger will tell you little. FWIW my brand-new car charged instantly and perfectly at my local EA station. After accepting delivery I wanted to make sure it worked before going on a long road trip the next day. Went on the road trip, and it was a complete failure at the sole EA within a hundred miles - charge kept failing after a few seconds. Other EV models came and went during the two hours I was there and charged perfectly fine. It's a problem in the Air's software in combination with software at some EA stations. You can't always pay your way with a credit card to get it to work - in my case authentication wasn't an issue.
True but my principal use of EA will be to occasionally top off the charge so I can finish at home when I am mostly depleted. So local chargers are the key.

True but my principal use of EA will be to occasionally top off the charge so I can finish at home when I am mostly depleted. So local chargers are the key.
A lot will change between now and when the Pure is released! Lol

A lot will change between now and when the Pure is released! Lol
True, but charging while away from home has got to work, or the car is useless. I find it very concerning that problems with EA and Lucid keep cropping up, but i have not heard of any issues with Porsche, Kia, or Rivian charging at EA stations.

Last edited:
True, but charging while away from home has got to work, or the car is useless. I find it very concerning that problems with EA and Lucid keep cropping up, but i have not heard of any issues with Porsche, Kia, or Rivian charging at EA stations.
I can't speak to issues concerning Kia or Rivian, but over the past two years I've have to make my share of calls to EA to initiate charging for my Taycan. Admittedly, I have a first year Taycan and things may have improved for more current models. I finally reached a point with EA that I would just pay for the charge out of pocket. Rather than struggle with standing in the Florida sun next to a charger while having an EA rep initiate my "Free Charging".

You may recall that months ago SaratogaLefty had this issue. It was because the EA chargers won't work automatically until your paperwork has been submitted, after you have signed delivery paperwork. Things may have changed, but.is also could be as simple as that.

You may recall that months ago SaratogaLefty had this issue. It was because the EA chargers won't work automatically until your paperwork has been submitted, after you have signed delivery paperwork. Things may have changed, but.is also could be as simple as that.
I am waiting for callback today since Lucid rep spent over two hours trying to charge my Lucid at the only EA chargers within 150 miles of my home. I have purchased an UL certified lectron tesla to J1772 adapter to use for emergency until they figure out my problem. Damn, this car is beautiful and super fun to drive but I need EA charging to work. My port indicator goes all red as soon as charger is plugged in... this happened at 10 stalls with no one else around. Lucid rep had me drive car to home and garage while they investigated.

Back