FAT Lady on stage, beginning to sing--Journey ending or start?

I am waiting for callback today since Lucid rep spent over two hours trying to charge my Lucid at the only EA chargers within 150 miles of my home. I have purchased an UL certified lectron tesla to J1772 adapter to use for emergency until they figure out my problem. Damn, this car is beautiful and super fun to drive but I need EA charging to work. My port indicator goes all red as soon as charger is plugged in... this happened at 10 stalls with no one else around. Lucid rep had me drive car to home and garage while they investigated.
Wait, what's the Tesla adapter for?

True, but charging while away from home has got to work, or the car is useless. I find it very concerning that problems with EA and Lucid keep cropping up, but i have not heard of any issues with Porsche, Kia, or Rivian charging at EA stations.
It's a temporary problem and is not rare on new EV models.

I have purchased an UL certified lectron tesla to J1772 adapter to use for emergency until they figure out my problem....
I could be wrong but don't think that any of Lectron's adapters have a UL listing. I remember seeing on their website once that they said the cable and one of the two connectors involved was UL rated. But this does not include the adapter as a whole.

I could be wrong but don't think that any of Lectron's adapters have a UL listing. I remember seeing on their website once that they said the cable and one of the two connectors involved was UL rated. But this does not include the adapter as a whole.
It is.
Lectron [Only for J1772 EVs Tesla to J1772 Charging Adapter, Max 48 Amp & 250V - Compatible with Tesla High Powered Connectors, Destination Chargers, and Mobile Connectors (Black)

Bottom of Form​
Product details

BrandLectron
Special FeatureFast Charging
ColorBlack
Input Voltage250 Volts
Total USB Ports1
Output Current48 Amps
INCREASED CHARGING OPTIONS - Access Tesla Chargers to charge your electric vehicle, the new Tesla to J1772 Adapter supports up to 48A charging and is uniquely designed to connect J1772 vehicles to Tesla chargers

COMPATIBILITY - Compatible with the Tesla High Powered Wall Connectors, all generation of Destination Chargers, and Mobile Connectors; With our adapter you can access 15,000 more charging stations for your J1772 vehicle

QUICK CHARGING - The J1772 charging adapter is the only adapter on the market that supports 48 Amps of maximum current and 250V of maximum voltage

PORTABLE - The Tesla Adapter is compact and durable, making it ideal for charging on the go; Keep it conveniently in your car to charge your electric vehicle quickly and easily

UL CERTIFIED - This electric car charging adapter has been UL certified and meets the strongest possible safety guidelines

LECTRON 1 YEAR WARRANTY - Our Customer Support Team is here to help should you have any issues with your charger; If we can't resolve the problem to your satisfaction, you will get a full refund or replacement - no questions asked

Do not turn it in yet. The letdown due to EA charging problems after waiting for your AGT is a serious bummer but the car is well worth the initial trouble, bad as it was. Hey, we knew that we were beta and Lucid service is doing backflips to resolve issues. My delivery experience was a bit frustrating with some of the issues you experienced related to assembly, although I have not had charging problems. My closest EA is an hour away so I depend on my CP HomeFlex and have used public ChargePoint chargers as well, but they are very slow around here. I have successfully used EA stations without a problem on the few 200-mile+ round trips I have made to Boston and RI. Driving the car more than compensated me for the aggravation. I have driven it more in two weeks than I normally drive in two months and that was without any real road trips. My learning curve on SOC is leveling off, but initially, I had range anxiety. Having said that, I doubt that EA has any plans to establish stations in western NH of VT away from a couple on the main N-S interstate. FWIW, my car was delivered with an 80% charge and 13 miles on the odometer.

I have a Tesla wall charger for model 3.
If you have a home charger already then glad to hear that you shouldn’t have problems charging your AGT for trips around the neighboring 200 miles! Now if you want to go further you’re kind of stuck until this EA issue gets sorted out! 😆

...I doubt that EA has any plans to establish stations in western NH of VT away from a couple on the main N-S interstate. FWIW, my car was delivered with an 80% charge and 13 miles on the odometer....
With the recent $7.5B federal funding for EV infrastructure, I think any new EA installations will be aligned to meet your state's NEVI plans. You can find them here:

I have a Tesla wall charger for model 3.
Then you already have a perfectly good solution. I used to use Tesla wall chargers to charge both my Taycan and Dream until I installed the Lucid Home charger.

Just buy one of these:

With the recent $7.5B federal funding for EV infrastructure, I think any new EA installations will be aligned to meet your state's NEVI plans. You can find them here:
Thanks for this link. I like that Vermont has a very ambitious plan, with DCFC within 1 mile of every exit or no more than 23 miles apart, and they plan to do it by the end of 2023. I don’t even live in VT, but went to college there and would love to take more road trips there without all the strategy necessary to plan charging. Thankfully we’re lucky with the range, where it gives us a lot more options but non-Tesla owners in VT must have a lot of trouble going far in EVs.

@SubSailor are there any other DCFC near you, like EVGo, Volta, EVConnect or Chargepoint? I too have had the total fail at EA, the site closest to me has a 100% failure rate for me, but then I just charged at the Auburn Mall in Massachusetts and it worked quickly without a single hiccup. I’ve been able to use EVGo, EVConnect, and Volta without incident, Chargepoint has been more spotty but still more reliable than EA. Some car dealerships have installed 50-60kw DCFC also, so I can’t imagine you have zero options beyond EA within 150 miles of you. But let us know if you got the EA working and what the resolution was, as many of us are having issues with certain EA sites but not others and it’s 50/50 fault of Lucid and EA.

@SubSailor are there any other DCFC near you, like EVGo, Volta, EVConnect or Chargepoint? I too have had the total fail at EA, the site closest to me has a 100% failure rate for me, but then I just charged at the Auburn Mall in Massachusetts and it worked quickly without a single hiccup. I’ve been able to use EVGo, EVConnect, and Volta without incident, Chargepoint has been more spotty but still more reliable than EA. Some car dealerships have installed 50-60kw DCFC also, so I can’t imagine you have zero options beyond EA within 150 miles of you. But let us know if you got the EA working and what the resolution was, as many of us are having issues with certain EA sites but not others and it’s 50/50 fault of Lucid and EA.
@bunnylebowski -I do have other charge sites and Lucid has stated they will reimburse me until they can rectify the EA problem. They have a mobile team coming next Thursday to look at the other minor problems then over to the EA charge site. EA has stated they were going to upgrade the site soon including new cables/plugs on the 350kW chargers.

Wow, I was going to post all the checkout on my car. It was delivered today, and I was totally impressed by it. I had a few minor problems but all in all, things were looking good. I know I promised to do a step by step and I will later but after a 3-hour checkout, I asked my delivery rep to follow me to the EA charging station which was about 20 miles away. The car had 25 miles on it but this gave me a chance to try a few of the features. They worked well and the ACC was as good as my Tesla. The Nav voice was non-existent, and its data was off in distance to turns, etc. We could not get Alexa to work or the radio to play any decent music so did not get to hear that Surreal sound. Had a few trim pieces needing glue, Visor mirror magnets would not hold mirrors up, Massage seat functions did not work, ventilation to seats was weak, AC worked well, and external pressure open on charge port door did not work. Homelink setup, Profile setup, Mobile key and bluetooth S22 Galaxy pairing was a piece of cake.
I did not care about any of the minor defects and went down almost all the checklist until I figured it was getting late and I wanted to get to the charging station. DISASTER!!!! We had 18 stalls with no one there. We tried 8 stalls that were operational including the 350kW one. Instant failure.... red bars by charge port. Lucid rep called EA and Lucid....we tried two other stalls for a total of 10 and could not charge the vehicle. The rep reset car, restarted battery preconditioning and other methods but nothing worked. Finally, a robin egg blue Taycan pulled up and immediately came over to oh and awe the Lucid while his car was charging with no problem. The Lucid rep suggested I drive car back to my home, put it in garage and send email to customer service. I have done that and, if no results by tomorrow, I plan to implement AZ rescission law and void contract after Lucid rep informed me of it. I really hope they can get it working...it is an unbelievable car. I can forgive anything but not being able to charge is kind of important to me. BTW,. my car has software 2.0.13
I love the satin wheel caps and black lugnuts look on your car. Definitely an improvement over the original setup.

Then you already have a perfectly good solution. I used to use Tesla wall chargers to charge both my Taycan and Dream until I installed the Lucid Home charger.

Just buy one of these:

Hi, can I charge my model 3 with the lucid home charger without doing any damage to it?

I am searching for solution. I love the car, but even Lucid rep said with only this EA station within 150 miles, I do not have much choice. I am trying to get a Tesla tap or use my 14-30 dryer outlet to keep me going until Lucid and EA solve this problem, but he said it would void my warranty. This car is unreal... It is as big as my old Highlander Hybrid and looks gigantic next to spouse's Tesla M3LR. I think I was more surprised that the Lucid rep was as disappointed as I was when he called SC to try different methods. I am disheartened but hell, my portfolio recovered some of the mil I was down so God is good and Lucid will come around. BTW, my screens and such all worked great....no major lag except loading Nav. Never did get voice with Nav either. It was over 85 in Tucson and AC worked great! The Taycan owner was impressed until he saw I could not get any of the EA stalls to charge my Lucid. He actually tried two stalls for us to verify they worked.
Bunnylebowski and borski...I will get to that sound system someday. I plan to subscribe to Tidal HD when I get charging problem solved.
I know I’m late to the conversation but this exact same thing happened to me at the same station but I was in my etron. It was horrible and scary as I barely made it back to Audi to have them charge my car so I could get home to Phoenix.

This EA/Lucid free charging problem has been going on for months. Why isn't it rectified? I've owned an Air Touring for 16 days now and have over a 1,000 miles on it. My very first attempt to charge at EA, it worked as advertised. My next 3 attempts at EA, it did NOT work until I called EA and they turned on the charger. Also, the Lucid charging station map showed all chargers as 'unavailable' while only 2 cars were there. I never got a straight story from either the EA rep or the Lucid customer service people of what's going on and when will it be fixed. I have previously owned a (short range)VW id.4 for a year and the EA changing mostly worked. Charge Point worked the best, but pay .43/kwh. I have a garage GRIZZL-E that has worked great for a year now.

Last edited:
This EA/Lucid free charging problem has been going on for months. Why isn't it rectified? I've owned an Air Touring for 16 days now and have over a 1,000 miles on it. My very first attempt to charge at EA, it worked as advertised. My next 3 attempts at EA, it did NOT work until I called EA and they turned on the charger. Also, the Lucid charging station map showed all chargers as 'unavailable' while only 2 cars were there. I never got a straight story from either the EA rep or the Lucid customer service people of what's going on and when will it be fixed. I have previously owned a (short range)VW id.4 for a year and the EA changing mostly worked. Charge Point worked the best, but pay .43/kwh. I have a garage GRIZZL-E that has worked great for a year now.
1) EA is having supply chain issues getting replacement parts, 2) their new redesigned charger had some initial problems too, and 3) they have no real incentive to succeed.

I have had the same experience and share your frustration. I have been to 3 EA charging stations in Scottsdale, Phoenix, and Glendale, Arizona, as well as EA stations across CO, NM, and other outside the Phoenix valley in AZ. The Scottsdale, Phoenix and Glendale locations are the closest EA charging stations to me. We have owned the car for a month, have over 1100 miles on it and can not charge the car without EA CS initiating a complimentary charge. I spent over 2 hours at an EA station last week, with both EA CS and Lucid CS on a 3 way call. No way to get the car to charge at stations that worked for everyone else who just pulled up and charged their EVs, unless EA manually turned on the charger. Lucid CS and EA CS both stated they would investigate my certificate and get back to me. They did not. I followed up with a phone call, Lucid has schedule the car to go back to the service center again next week. To date, Lucid does not have any solutions for my particular car’s charging problem. I sincerely hope you get your issues sorted out quickly.

Back