Greetings from a new Denver and former Audi owner - thanks @outofspecdave

Worldwide Beagle

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
2023 AT Cosmos-Tahoe 21"
Hello Forum. Just purchased a very slightly used 2023 Air Touring, Cosmos silver / Tahoe. 21", all options. Bought it yesterday and it's being loaded on a carrier tomorrow. While I am not in possession of the car yet, I have questions. In the Audi forums, if you post questions before an introduction, members lecture you.

First a shout out to @OutofSpecDave. I am not sure I would have the car without his YouTube on "Saving $50000.". Living in Colorado, I have always been an Audi person. Not this time. I find the e-tron GT be an inferior lackluster attempt. The trunk is insanely small, no range, boring software. It's nice to drive but no excitement. I was depressed.

So, wife and I looked at Lucid. "Everything is different now.". Wanted to, but could not justify the money for a Touring. Planned on a Pure. New. Denver showroom lost their demo Pure when a test driver recently crashed it. And no idea when it will be fixed. So we did long test drives of their Touring. We were sold, but.... the $$$.

Sunday night I was up all night pulling up information, Lucid YouTubes and reviews. And found @OutofSpecDave. Watched his vid about his buying a like new AT GT. I was fired up. Stayed up to 5am on Cars.com. Pulled a list of slightly used 2023 Touring's for sale around the country in our choice of colors. Sorted by dealer quality. A few hour later, on 1pm Monday, I purchased my 2023 Touring, loaded, for $1000 less than what a base model two motor Pure would cost. From a very reputable MB dealer I know. And only a few states away. @OutofSpecDave, your YouTube was my inspiration.

Lastly, the forum is amazing. I have learned so much and read great tips. This forum is like what the Audi forums were like 10 years ago - "mostly" intelligent proactive advice and information. Not one hit wonders looking for free repair advice.

Best,
Peter

Hello Forum. Just purchased a very slightly used 2023 Air Touring, Cosmos silver / Tahoe. 21", all options. Bought it yesterday and it's being loaded on a carrier tomorrow. While I am not in possession of the car yet, I have questions. In the Audi forums, if you post questions before an introduction, members lecture you.

First a shout out to @OutofSpecDave. I am not sure I would have the car without his YouTube on "Saving $50000.". Living in Colorado, I have always been an Audi person. Not this time. I find the e-tron GT be an inferior lackluster attempt. The trunk is insanely small, no range, boring software. It's nice to drive but no excitement. I was depressed.

So, wife and I looked at Lucid. "Everything is different now.". Wanted to, but could not justify the money for a Touring. Planned on a Pure. New. Denver showroom lost their demo Pure when a test driver recently crashed it. And no idea when it will be fixed. So we did long test drives of their Touring. We were sold, but.... the $$$.

Sunday night I was up all night pulling up information, Lucid YouTubes and reviews. And found @OutofSpecDave. Watched his vid about his buying a like new AT GT. I was fired up. Stayed up to 5am on Cars.com. Pulled a list of slightly used 2023 Touring's for sale around the country in our choice of colors. Sorted by dealer quality. A few hour later, on 1pm Monday, I purchased my 2023 Touring, loaded, for $1000 less than what a base model two motor Pure would cost. From a very reputable MB dealer I know. And only a few states away. @OutofSpecDave, your YouTube was my inspiration.

Lastly, the forum is amazing. I have learned so much and read great tips. This forum is like what the Audi forums were like 10 years ago - "mostly" intelligent proactive advice and information. Not one hit wonders looking for free repair advice.

Best,
Peter
Welcome. To Lucid ownership, the forum, and to the Colorado owners club. You will love your car.

Yep, Dave was certainly influential in my own decision to go used rather than new. No regrets at all :D

I've also had a few Audis over the years. The current ones hold little interest for me, but I do miss the '87 4000 Quattro. That was a fantastic car.

Welcome, and enjoy!

Welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will love your Lucid. I happen to be between Vail and Leadville now without my Lucid since I am staying at an old family cabin five miles from the nearest paved road. I always look for Lucids when shop in Vail or Avon but I have not seen any..

I've also had a few Audis over the years. The current ones hold little interest for me, but I do miss the '87 4000 Quattro. That was a fantastic car.

My first was an 83 Quattro with the inline 5 turbo. You always remember your first love!

I happen to be between Vail and Leadville now without my Lucid since I am staying at an old family cabin five miles from the nearest paved road.

The Camp Hale US 24 road is gorgeous, especially in the fall. And world class road biking. International races have used it for decades. Unfortunately, a death trap in winter with black ice. As soon as the Lucid arrives, heading up there for the bank holiday weekend. I will think of you!

Best,
Peter
Welcome and congratulations!!

Welcome. To Lucid ownership, the forum, and to the Colorado owners club. You will love your car.
Let's meet for coffee or a beer. I am Corporate counsel for PS Audio on Valmont, and head up there frequently.

Let's meet for coffee or a beer. I am Corporate counsel for PS Audio on Valmont, and head up there frequently.
Sure thing. DM me and we’ll make arrangements.

Fixed that

FINALLY SHOW UP. Thursday night, enclosed trailer from Scottsdale. Now on day 3. Took me 15 minutes to figure stuff out to move it, even after the excellent Lucid short YT tutorials.

Last owner deleted his profile, and car said: New Primary Driver. I added my email and password, and my my account data showed up. Took a just minute to put it in my name. Thanks to customer care for setting up all this before arrival.

It's amazing but a bit intimidating. Hours after getting it, I Drove from Denver to Vail for weekend. I was a bit mentally exhausted when I arrived, from driving, fast, without really knowing what I was doing.

Last night, for date night with my wife, took her to a EA charging station next to a Wendy's outside of Beaver Creek. At least I had fun!! I think other Lucid owners can relate.

I have not been this excited about a car since my used 911E when I graduated college.

Attachments

• IMG_0265.jpeg
    IMG_0265.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 141
FINALLY SHOW UP. Thursday night, enclosed trailer from Scottsdale. Now on day 3. Took me 15 minutes to figure stuff out to move it, even after the excellent Lucid short YT tutorials.

Last owner deleted his profile, and car said: New Primary Driver. I added my email and password, and my my account data showed up. Took a just minute to put it in my name. Thanks to customer care for setting up all this before arrival.

It's amazing but a bit intimidating. Hours after getting it, I Drove from Denver to Vail for weekend. I was a bit mentally exhausted when I arrived, from driving, fast, without really knowing what I was doing.

Last night, for date night with my wife, took her to a EA charging station next to a Wendy's outside of Beaver Creek. At least I had fun!! I think other Lucid owners can relate.

I have not been this excited about a car since my used 911E when I graduated college.
Congrats! I’m excited to see you more around these parts. :)

Congratulations. The AGT begs to be driven on canyon roads. It would be good to have a meetup in the area to learn about some great mountain roads. We may have the only Cosmos Silver AGTs in the Denver area.

I felt the same when I first received my Air. You will settle into it and it will all feel natural quickly. Then other cars will feel challenging to drive ha ha. Congrats!

Congrats! I felt just the same. It is a marvel in both engineering and art work.

I'm another Colorado member about to take delivery of my Air Touring. Can't wait!

Definitely interested in info about a Colorado Owners Club as well.

Back