Gravity Testing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend dropped by today in his ID.4 shortly after I had seen this thread. I couldn't help but notice how similar the rear lines are between it and the Gravity. (Not a bad thing; I think the ID.4 is a handsome design.)

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 7.06.55 PM.png

A friend dropped by today in his ID.4 shortly after I had seen this thread. I couldn't help but notice how similar the rear lines are between it and the Gravity. (Not a bad thing; I think the ID.4 is a handsome design.)

View attachment 11784
The wideness makes the difference for me. The id4 is narrower or perhaps it seems like that because of the gravitys arches.

Are those antennas on the roof? I couldn't quiet catch it as a screenshot on my phone, but hmp10 has caught it well. Two GPS antennas? One front one rear, along the centerline of the car? I wonder if they were trying to tune the electronic stability control systems.

The wideness makes the difference for me. The id4 is narrower or perhaps it seems like that because of the gravitys arches.

Yes, the proportions are definitely different. But it's the similarity of the lines that struck me. Of course, the Gravity is wrapped in a single color while we're seeing the contrast of the VW components. It'll be interesting to see whether the similarity grows or diminishes once the wrap it gone.

I like the back profile of the Gravity, gives it kind of a porsche vibe from the promo.
It's definitely much more attractive with this profile than the prototype

View attachment 11784
To me it looks more like Porsche Macan.
E42C4E4F-3F82-401B-B607-5389C86CA9A2.png

View attachment 11784
The Lucid from this angle looks very much like the Cayenne---also a good thing-- IMO (and cousin of the id4)

Are those antennas on the roof? I couldn't quiet catch it as a screenshot on my phone, but hmp10 has caught it well. Two GPS antennas? One front one rear, along the centerline of the car? I wonder if they were trying to tune the electronic stability control systems.
Nowadays range rover have two antenna, so it may be possible. Doubt lucid did it, because they want aero efficiency.

To me it looks more like Porsche Macan.View attachment 11785
That's actually a Cayenne, which I think is among the most appealing-looking SUVs (I just parted with mine to buy the AT)...now if Lucid can somehow get the Gravity roofline to slope gently downward as it reaches the tailgate....

I know they want a third row, and the earlier rendition looks like the Rivian (eg bakery truck). It seems a daunting design challenge to accommodate adult headroom in the 3rd row that's sitting on a battery pack.

If anyone can do it, it's Derek Jenkins --but if he doesn't, Lucid risks alienating a lot of the faithful who now assume design elegance from Lucid.

The 15 sec teaser gives me hope---but at some point they either reveal the design, or my Fisker number comes up

That's actually a Cayenne, which I think is among the most appealing-looking SUVs (I just parted with mine to buy the AT)...now if Lucid can somehow get the Gravity roofline to slope gently downward as it reaches the tailgate....

I know they want a third row, and the earlier rendition looks like the Rivian (eg bakery truck). It seems a daunting design challenge to accommodate adult headroom in the 3rd row that's sitting on a battery pack.

If anyone can do it, it's Derek Jenkins --but if he doesn't, Lucid risks alienating a lot of the faithful who now assume design elegance from Lucid.

The 15 sec teaser gives me hope---but at some point they either reveal the design, or my Fisker number comes up

As someone who needs a vehicle that can accommodate six adults who are getting on in years, I have done a lot of test driving large SUVs over the past few years. Both of my purchase decisions landed me on Honda Odyssey minivans (a 2011 and a 2018).

I'm afraid that if Lucid makes too many Gravity design decisions for the sake of style and sleekness, the Gravity will fall out of contention to replace our Odyssey next year, just as the Rivian R1S I had on reservation for almost four years did once it's cramped third row emerged into daylight.

The Tesla Model X is a complete joke as a 6- or 7-seater vehicle for adults. I fervently hope Lucid gives us a luxurious cabin comfortable for 6 adults on a long day trip, and I'll gladly do with a bit less exterior panache to get it.

As someone who needs a vehicle that can accommodate six adults who are getting on in years, I have done a lot of test driving large SUVs over the past few years. Both of my purchase decisions landed me on Honda Odyssey minivans (a 2011 and a 2018).

I'm afraid that if Lucid makes too many Gravity design decisions for the sake of style and sleekness, the Gravity will fall out of contention to replace our Odyssey next year, just as the Rivian R1S I had on reservation for almost four years did once it's cramped third row emerged into daylight.

The Tesla Model X is a complete joke as a 6- or 7-seater vehicle for adults. I fervently hope Lucid gives us a luxurious cabin comfortable for 6 adults on a long day trip, and I'll gladly do with a bit less exterior panache to get it.
If they can make a TRUE TRUE 7 seater for Adults, it'll be a breakthrough in car design. So here's hoping!

I get your point (and I have 9 g-kids). But I'm still hoping they'll deliver a Gravity that's as viscerally/emotionally appealing as the Air (given the SUV genre)...to some, BMW and LR have done so.

I won't buy an ungainly Gravity, and if L produces one I'll be disappointed. I'd even look at the next iteration of the Odyssey (there might even be an Iliad soon)

I've been around the block on this issue for decades and in the end (for me) it always comes back to minivan or Tahoe-class, if long-haul comfort is the goal.... GO Gravity...shock the world (but PLS look cool doing it)

If they can make a TRUE TRUE 7 seater for Adults, it'll be a breakthrough in car design. So here's hoping!
8260BFD9-6B3E-48D7-8699-AC9611AE9D79.jpeg
CA42BCA4-DB86-4856-9F17-8BF871602A37.jpeg

F44DA1C2-5A68-4CBF-9F99-75EB11C0AC86.jpeg

Coincidentally, Rivian just released a sneak preview of 7 seaters in action today watching the live stream video app soon about to be released in theater mode.

Have you sat in that back row? It is not adult size no matter how much they try and convince you that it is.
Yeah, you have to scoot 2nd row forward to make legs room for 3rd row, and if front row can scoot over, it makes even better for 2nd row. If no one is sitting in 3rd row, 2nd row can recline with ample legroom like first row. I merrily took gringos to Rangers-Astros game, even though Astros lost.😜
E0087F6B-E791-4DB4-BCB5-DCF1F126BAC3.jpeg

I’m sure Gravity will have ample cabin space buzz like how Air boasts. But for now, R1S is the best solution in the market, MX and MY are not for us. I have yet seen Kia EV9. And I’m on Gravity wait list.
0CE10990-E899-4050-9DB2-67B748636E25.jpeg

And I love how both rows can fold down make it use like covered truck bed with moving blanket.
DDB3E447-3FD2-4F92-B9A3-6F26850F6504.jpeg

Utah dreaming
0D28E44E-C8A8-40B2-BC94-24F50757D04D.jpeg

California dreaming
61B79977-DAAE-488A-91C3-D2991782620E.jpeg

Attachments

• 6250E869-99D8-465E-B2CF-8C7FE81BB4FA.jpeg
    6250E869-99D8-465E-B2CF-8C7FE81BB4FA.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 66

It has AMAZING third row legroom based on what pictures we have so far.
(blue is third row headrest, because not only is there a black blur in that area, it only makes sense to keep the window near the third row passengers_
1682599482888.png

The second row is also good, if the gravity can go ALL the way back, then it will have LWB range rover legroom. All of this is with exceptional cargo as well. Lucid has created a fantastic use of their space concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back